Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 110543 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2019, 11:30:51 pm »

She seems legit. We should pal around with her. Maybe do some library research?
Buddy cop movie is go!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2019, 03:26:49 am »

Buddy cop movie is go!
+1 We're a loose cannon but we have a heart of gold.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2019, 03:33:06 am »

I find it way more likely that we have the heart of a small child. Probably easier to catch and butcher for parts. :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2019, 02:38:19 pm »

A heart that small would not be ideal. Surely our benevolent creator would never skimp out on parts like that.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2019, 03:50:31 pm »

These thoughts of hearts bring around an idea.

Check our own pulse. If we are a lich (or any other undead), we should not have one.

Edit: or maybe not. Is Piecewise's heart beating physicaly, or merely in our mind?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 03:58:37 pm by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2019, 05:00:31 pm »

These thoughts of hearts bring around an idea.

Check our own pulse. If we are a lich (or any other undead), we should not have one.

Edit: or maybe not. Is Piecewise's heart beating physicaly, or merely in our mind?

You check your own pulse. You can't find one, but then again you might just be doing it wrong.  You ask Esme, proffering your arm. She checks your wrist, then your throat, then presses her ear against your sternum, each with increasing energy and disbelief.  Finally, after several long seconds, she lifts her head from your chest.

"Well...that's pretty definitive." she says with a nervous swallow, "I guess you really are undead."

You think quickly back to Piecewise and his heart...you don't remember it beating either.

Ask her how safe it is for us to go to the library. We wouldn't want to get her into trouble.

Nor would we want to trap ourselves in a corner, though there's no need to tell her that.
"Safer than here, and I can't very well leave you on your own like this. Something is going on and judging by that note I'm already caught up in it somehow. At this point its part self preservation."

She seems thoughtful for a second before checking out the broken window.

"We should go. There is a lot to talk about, a lot of things to explain." She moves for the door and you follow, taking the bag with you.  As you step out onto the street something screams by overhead with a roar of propellers and blinding flash of searchlights. The thing is too dark to make out, just a glimmer of metal glimpsed for an instant before it vanishes behind nearby buildings. You listen to the wudwudwudwud of its engines growing distant and look to Esme. She's visibly paler and clearly startled but doesn't say anything; instead she ducks her head as though against the cold and starts walking quickly back towards the library.  You follow along behind her, keeping a bit of distance. You're not sure about the situation but you get the feeling that if you get caught by...whatever that was...it would be best to give Esme the ability to convincingly say she never met you before.  You only catch up to her when you both enter the library. Esme doesn't knock to be let in and her response to Nicholas' questions about the trip are clipped. He looks between her and you with a piercing glare but does nothing.

As soon as you're both back inside the library proper she starts walking towards the back, towards the stairs by the look of it. You follow after and she suddenly stops in the middle of a row, turning back to you with surprising force and concentration.

"You know nothing about this right? Nothing at all? You're not hiding anything? Complete blank slate?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2019, 05:41:55 pm »

"I saw some weird creatures swimming in the Anima, through the dips above me and the skeleton. If Piecewise knows what's going on it won't tell me, it just repeats the question with its spooky voice. Oh, and I found out that skeletons can't hover, but they can try very, very hard."
Say that last one with a smile. You know, to inject some humor into the situation. She seems pretty stressed, something funny like that might help her relax.
"Now you know everything I know."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2019, 06:16:48 pm »

Demonstrate hover mode proudly if necessary.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2019, 01:41:23 am »

"I saw some weird creatures swimming in the Anima, through the dips above me and the skeleton. If Piecewise knows what's going on it won't tell me, it just repeats the question with its spooky voice. Oh, and I found out that skeletons can't hover, but they can try very, very hard."
Say that last one with a smile. You know, to inject some humor into the situation. She seems pretty stressed, something funny like that might help her relax.
+1
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2019, 03:00:45 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2019, 09:29:55 pm »

+1
+1
Also remind her of the fragmentary memory thing; we know air raids exist, she feels like a childhood friend, we know skeletons aren't supposed to be out and about, etc.

Otherwise nothing.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2019, 12:44:02 pm »

+1
+1
Also remind her of the fragmentary memory thing; we know air raids exist, she feels like a childhood friend, we know skeletons aren't supposed to be out and about, etc.

Otherwise nothing.

You tell her that you have very fragmentary memory, more like impressions than anything, but otherwise are completely without knowledge of the world.

"That's not completely true." Esme replies "You clearly have some level of built in memories. Nothing specific but you're not confused by the concept of buildings or clothing or anything.  You lack specific memories but have the unconscious base knowledge of the world that lets you function.  Its too convenient to be accidental."

Her jaw muscles noticeably work as she stares at you, mulling something over.

"There are two options here," She says after a moment, "I can set you up with some basic knowledge, supplies and money and then let you go.  Or you can stay here and we can work together.  That second one requires a much greater level of commitment, because it means letting you in on knowledge that could very easily get both of us killed. We'd be working for a good cause, I'm no gangster, but still.  If you don't want to get tangled up in things that aren't your problem, I'd understand."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2019, 02:03:27 pm »

Hm. I feel like we're made of weird shit that could get us shot in an alley, so sticking with other weird shit that could get us shot in an alley would be... "safer" probably isn't the right word, but it'd probably synergize better.

Plus we literally have no goals at the moment. Going with forbidden whatsits is as good a starting point as any, and probably our thing in general.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2019, 02:08:17 pm »

Hm. I feel like we're made of weird shit that could get us shot in an alley, so sticking with other weird shit that could get us shot in an alley would be... "safer" probably isn't the right word, but it'd probably synergize better.

Plus we literally have no goals at the moment. Going with forbidden whatsits is as good a starting point as any, and probably our thing in general.
+1

Also, Alexander Kelley probably had a reason to create us. Since Esme knew him, she is the biggest lead to the reason why and our past we have.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2019, 02:08:45 pm »

I agree with plan Two Unsafes make a Safe. It gives us knowledge, if nothing else.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 94