Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94]

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 110392 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #1395 on: July 21, 2020, 11:15:52 am »

We don't really need to get the warden in there though, do we? All we need to do is get our current body in there. We can just puppet it there and use the Warden to give it the authority to be there. And with the Warden's knowledge we'll also know when the Anima lens is operated, so we know when we can use our puppets So our biggest issue would be to find a way to kill the warden quickly and without anybody noticing us.

Do we know where the Warden (or perhaps the highest ranking officer of the night shift) sleep? Do we know if he has any windows or any other ways to enter his room (chimney, vents, etc.)? And do we have any leftover poison we can use for a second poisoning? Or something else that could be used by a relatively small creature (e.g. raccoon) to quietly kill someone? Like a scalpel or something poisonous? Do we know if the warden have any habits that would render him susceptible to poisoning, e.g. drinking a glass of alcohol before bed?

I'm thinking, we pretend to go to sleep, we telerot to the bird, we scout the rooms to find our target, we telerot to the snake, we slither out to a window, we telerot to the bird, have the bird pickup the snake and bring it back to the forest to supply it with the rest of the poison, then we fly it back to the target's room. Hmm. Then again it's winter so a window being open is not as likely. Maybe a chimney? I bet officers have fireplaces in their rooms.

Also, now that I think about we don't have to leave the body in a pristine condition. A stab wound through the heart could be bandaged and concealed beneath clothing. We just have to be careful to leave the face unharmed (or no more harmed than something that can be justified as "I cut myself shaving"). Maybe that raccoon could come in handy, what with the ability to wield tools. Maybe we can fly it up to a window, have it quietly open the window and then get in and... I dunno, inject the Warden with some dangerous detergent or something. Or cut an important artery, supposedly one falls unconscious almost immediately and dies within a minute or so of these arteries being severed and we can target one that can be covered by clothes (e.g. the legs). Or just stab him through the heart.

The warden has his quarters up in the admin tower, near his office. It would be difficult to reach it while he's in that office, since it would require walking directly past that office.

There's a window, but its up on the third floor if memory serves, and you're not entirely sure which window it is. You've only seen the quarters once, from the hall outside the warden's office. Even then it was just glimpsed through a partially open door.

You used the full dose of poison on this body, just to be sure it died before alerting anyone. You don't have any scalpels or poisons prepared...but the infirmary might have some.

As per the warden's habits...you're not sure. You know he has a bottle of whiskey he keeps on one corner of his desk, so he clearly drinks every so often, but you're uncertain if its a ritualistic action or an occasional sort of thing. You know he often gets his meals delivered to him in his office, though generally by his secretary, a young man named Evans. It might be possible to poison that meal, though the exact methods are still vague in your mind. You don't think he gets his food specially made so poisoning it during prep would basically poison everyone else too.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 22, 2020, 04:28:20 am »

Do we know how much security there is around the infirmary and its supplies, so we can gauge how hard it will be to get in there to steel stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1397 on: August 07, 2020, 10:32:00 am »

After a lot of dead time with no responses, I'm gonna bump this once more. If you guys are tired of playing, feel free to let it die.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 07, 2020, 11:57:42 am »

I would... like it to continue, but I'm about to be very busy.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 07, 2020, 12:00:09 pm »

Do we know how much security there is around the infirmary and its supplies, so we can gauge how hard it will be to get in there to steel stuff.
+1 to looking through his memories to figure this out.

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 07, 2020, 12:13:41 pm »

+1 to looking through his memories to figure this out.

We probably should have eaten that smoker at the anima lens. He might even have been the one that checks it.
Additionally, consider the possibility of setting up an ambush at the anima lens, like, with a wire or something. Or is it too exposed for something like that?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 07, 2020, 12:23:57 pm »

Didn’t said smoker mention he was just guarding it? And if people go missing, there’ll be an investigation
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94]