Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 108492 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2019, 03:01:42 pm »

PTW

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 06:54:00 am »

Take a look around to make sure nobody is watching. If this is something that should frighten us but doesn't, then maybe we aren't completely normal.

Wear the ring and try it out by drawing some blood and touching it on the heart. Make extra certain we don't mix any of the bathtub blood with ours. First because it's unsanitary and second because it's against the letter's instructions.

It says touch your blood and I don't think that's our blood under our fingernails.
oh, and dont forget to nickname the skeleton Piecewise before we leave it.
+1 it better be a good nickname
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 12:56:10 pm »

Take a look around to make sure nobody is watching. If this is something that should frighten us but doesn't, then maybe we aren't completely normal.

Wear the ring and try it out by drawing some blood and touching it on the heart. Make extra certain we don't mix any of the bathtub blood with ours. First because it's unsanitary and second because it's against the letter's instructions.

It says touch your blood and I don't think that's our blood under our fingernails.
oh, and dont forget to nickname the skeleton Piecewise before we leave it.
You put the ring on your right ring finger. For some reason that seems like where it should go. You put the rest of the items in the pocket of your jacket. After everything has been squared away you take a look around the room. For some reason you are worried about being watched; however besides the broken open window and the possible observers from outside you can find no sign of anyone else watching. The bathroom has only one doorway out of it, leading into a bedroom of sorts with a tv and writing desk. A hotel room.  The door out of the room is shut, the deadbolt and chain in place. The windows in here have their shades drawn and the room is almost completely black, just slightly illuminated by the light coming from the bathroom. You step back into the bathroom but only stop once you're sure you're out of the line of anyone watching through the window.

You look at the ring for a moment and then reposition it, flipping it so that the spikes of the crown point outward, away from your hand. You notice as you do this that the dull ruby seems to have a slight glow to it now. Maybe its just catching the light better like this? You press your left thumb against points of the crown and easily draw a fresh red drop of blood. Balancing it on the tip of your thumb, you reach under and inside the skeleton's rib cage and press the drop against the heart. As you pull your hand back,you notice what looks like a thin strand of that same cobweb like iridescent substance that is floating just above your head. Its running from your thumb to the heart and seems to pass straight through the bone of the rib cage.  You can hear a soft "Lubdub" of a heart beating in your head and feel a strange sort of indecision. It is the same feeling as attempting to make a decision and though you're feeling it you know it is not your feeling.

As you ponder this strange feeling you suddenly feel as though this skeleton needs a name. Using a bit of the blood still on your finger, you trace a large "P" on the skeleton's forehead and silently name it "Piecewise". You're not sure why...but you think the name fits.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2019, 02:16:03 pm »

Note to self that we are named Alex, in case anyone asks.

Now, I have a plan, and that plan is to go get drunk. Unfortunately we have a bit of a problem, that being that we don't have any money. So first search the room for some stash of currency. What kind of dickwad leaves a note to their future helpless naive self without any money in it? Outrageous.

Oh yeah, meanwhile mentally command the skeleton to juggle it's own skull.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2019, 05:23:01 pm »

Note to self that we are named Alex, in case anyone asks.

Now, I have a plan, and that plan is to go get drunk. Unfortunately we have a bit of a problem, that being that we don't have any money. So first search the room for some stash of currency. What kind of dickwad leaves a note to their future helpless naive self without any money in it? Outrageous.

Oh yeah, meanwhile mentally command the skeleton to juggle it's own skull.

+1. Then check the limits of our ability to command, by ordering it to find money, and seeing if it has some idea of how to do that, or just rummages around the room blindly like we would.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2019, 06:49:21 pm »

Come now, Alex is so boring. Why not something more grand and mystical, like Fyodor Mendelayef or Esteban Villalobos or Arturo Rosetti or Henry Byrd?

Order the skeleton to move around. Try to do so both verbally and by focusing on that feeling of indecision and making a decision. Watch how the thing we see above us responds to our commands and its movements.

Order it to speak. If it can speak, order it to tell us what's going on. It's a long shot, but it's worth a try.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2019, 08:14:06 pm »

Come now, Alex is so boring. Why not something more grand and mystical, like Fyodor Mendelayef or Esteban Villalobos or Arturo Rosetti or Henry Byrd?

Order the skeleton to move around. Try to do so both verbally and by focusing on that feeling of indecision and making a decision. Watch how the thing we see above us responds to our commands and its movements.

Order it to speak. If it can speak, order it to tell us what's going on. It's a long shot, but it's worth a try.

+1

We should hold off on naming ourselves until somebody wants to know and there's no time to think of a good one and we just end up naming ourselves Table Portrait or Grey Car.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2019, 08:40:33 pm »

There was the name on the card... that's where I got Alex from. It's shortened from Alexander, which is presumably our real name or the name of someone important. I didn't pick the exact name on the card in case it's, you know, not us.
But "Alex" should help jog the memory of anyone we meet who knew up before, as well.

Also it's a non-gendered name, which is gud for reasons
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2019, 07:51:59 am »

+1

We should hold off on naming ourselves until somebody wants to know and there's no time to think of a good one and we just end up naming ourselves Table Portrait or Grey Car.
+1 Why not name our selves Zoidberg?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2019, 04:19:51 pm »

+1

+1 Why not name our selves Zoidberg?

Intended to PTW, but...

+1 to naming ourselves Alex Zoidberg.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2019, 11:45:48 am »

You look at the skeleton and consider for a moment what you should command it to do. You decide to try something small and think about it putting its arms down -its been holding them up even after you've taken everything from it. The skel... Piecewise lowers...his you suppose. Piecewise lowers his arms in a reasonable fashion; they don't suddenly go limp or shoot down to his sides or anything. Hmm. You try again, this time with words, telling him to raise his arms. He responds similarly though he raises his arms above his head this time. After a few more tries it seems like mental commands are the most effective and least likely to be misinterpreted.  As you do this you watch the...whatever it is above your head and how it reacts.  When you command Piecewise there is a slight flicker along the thread that connects from your thumb to his heart but the sheet or plane or surface or whatever it is above the skeleton does't seem to react.  However, as you do this something comes gliding in through the wall. Its traveling along the plane, dipping in and out, above and below it, seemingly swimming. It looks something like a fish or an eel or a ray or skate or a mixture of all of them. The sort of primordial thing that you could imagine gliding through the oceans somewhere near the birth of life.  It pays you no mind, but circles the "Well" or divot in the plane made by the skeleton.  It is as you are looking at this that you decide to look straight up and see that you too are creating a well in that cobweby plane.

The ghostly creature seems to lose interest in a few moments and swims off, passing through the far wall.  You watch for a moment and then get back to business. You order piecewise to speak its...his name and it does so, though His voice is little more than a barely audible whisper that you could easily mistake for a gentle breeze. When you order him to tell you what is going on however, he only repeats the words. You try it in a dozen different ways, different phrases, but he either says nothing or just repeats. You suppose that he might not have a mind, might be nothing but an automaton.

You decide that, if anyone were to ask you your name, Alex is what you would tell them.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 08:37:27 pm »

Ask piecewise to do something impossible.  Like, say, float upwards to the ceiling.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2019, 08:45:06 pm »

Ask piecewise to do something impossible.  Like, say, float upwards to the ceiling.

+1. Or ask him to create/locate food. Something unnatural yet practical, etc.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2019, 08:52:05 pm »

Tell him to grow flesh and become a real boy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 94