Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 108503 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2019, 02:27:39 pm »

Maybe we should meditate on what we just learned and see if we get any additional incite.

Insight, we don't want to set the world on fire just yet.

Anyway, let's try and nab one of those giant whale-like anima and animate a mailbox for all eternity with it. Or otherwise practice our necromantic skills.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2019, 05:35:36 pm »

Hmm... What if you put more anime Anima into someone? Could you make them even stronger? Could you kill someone but instead of eating the memories yourself, you put them inside someone else? Can you bind living things to your will? Or maybe bind their clothes to your will by spraying your blood on them and have them strangle them?

From what we read I gather that Piecewise is a puppet and not an actual thinking being, right?

Probably best not to animate a mailbox. Maybe we can animate a doll or some pants or something. Or maybe there's some corpses here we could use. Any rattraps or bodies that have yet to be disposed of?

Oh, but best to ask for permission to practice first.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 06:50:32 am by Parisbre56 »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2019, 07:54:01 pm »

Hmm... What if you put more anime into someone? Could you make them even stronger? Could you kill someone but instead of eating the memories yourself, you put them inside someone else? Can you bind living things to your will? Or maybe bind their clothes to your will by spraying your blood on them and have them strangle them?

From what we read I gather that Piecewise is a puppet and not an actual thinking being, right?

Probably best not to animate a mailbox. Maybe we can animate a doll or some pants or something. Or maybe there's some corpses here we could use. Any rattraps or bodies that have yet to be disposed of?

This is much wiser.

+1
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2019, 08:45:54 pm »

Hmm... What if you put more anime into someone?

You get green hair?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2019, 12:11:51 am »

Hmm... What if you put more anime into someone? Could you make them even stronger? Could you kill someone but instead of eating the memories yourself, you put them inside someone else? Can you bind living things to your will? Or maybe bind their clothes to your will by spraying your blood on them and have them strangle them?

+1
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2019, 01:17:09 am »

Check if we have a core distinct from our body.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2019, 12:10:18 pm »

Check if we have a core distinct from our body.
You open your eyes and Esme carefully pulls her hand from your head. She looks you up and down once or twice.

"So...feeling ok?"

You nod.

"You still...remember how to speak and everything?"

You respond in the affirmative.

"Ah well, thats good" she says half joking and half honestly relieved.  She stands up and stretches.  "I think I'm going to go to bed. You can sle-" She stops and squints at you, "Do you sleep? Can you sleep?" 

You shrug; you don't feel tired but maybe thats because you "woke up" only a few hours ago. You say as much and she nods.

"Well, I guess you should give it a shot. If you can't, the library is open for you to explore. Just try not to damage any of the books." She says as she walks out and starts to close the door before sticking her head back in. "Oh and if you wanna try that knowledge out, do it on something small. Kill a rat or something. We don't want to attract attention."

Once she's gone you look yourself over. The only thing you can see that is odd is that ring you're wearing. Its actually glowing faintly red by now, the ruby seemingly filled with luminous red fluid.

Hmm... What if you put more anime Anima into someone? Could you make them even stronger? Could you kill someone but instead of eating the memories yourself, you put them inside someone else? Can you bind living things to your will? Or maybe bind their clothes to your will by spraying your blood on them and have them strangle them?

You think. Piecewise definitely seems like a puppet. He fits the description perfectly. Permission given for animating rats you immediately set out in search of one. The attic, as it turns out, is a great place to find mice. After a short hunt and then a rather noisy chase that causes Esme and a sleeping cap wearing Nicholas to stick their heads out their respective bedroom doors and grumble you manage to catch one and carry it back to your room. Luckily your jumping grab seems to have killed it straight out, saving you the task of doing it intentionally.  You set it on the floor in your room and sit down next to it. First it needs a core....what should that be? You suppose you could just use its heart but a separate item might work too? There's a box of small nails on the one table in this room, one of those might work...

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2019, 12:19:45 pm »

I do not feel like doing an autopsy on mouse. Use a nail.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2019, 01:48:24 pm »

Ah, pinworks.

Try the nail.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2019, 02:48:47 pm »

Stick the nail through the mouse's chest and into its heart. That also has the added benefit of making it look normal.

Also, did we get anything from killing that mouse?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2019, 03:40:35 pm »

Just shove the nail into its mouth, it won't be as noticeable there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2019, 03:30:11 pm »

How big is the nail? I recommend mouth. We run the risk of damaging our new pet (I vote for Mousewise) if we just shove a nail into it's torso willy-nilly.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2019, 03:35:47 pm »

You think back to when you killed the mouse. You remember...something coming out of it but you can't recall exactly what it was. Just some shimmering stuff that went up when the Anima connection failed. Maybe the mouse's memories?  You're not sure you want to eat the memories of a mouse...but they might be good. Mice hear lots of things, see lots of things. Hmm.

In any case, you grab one of the nails and carefully jam it down the mouse's throat before reaching up and grabbing at the Anima. As you touch it, the red glow of your ring flows up your arm in little pulses and with a cold tingle you catch hold of the fabric of life. You pull it down; it resists more than you imagined it would but not hugely so and you carefully wrap it around the head of the nail, which is still sticking out from the mouse's mouth. The ring flashes once more as the connection is made and then the mouse's body shivers. With an odd muffled squeak it rises up onto its legs again and then stands perfectly still.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2019, 03:49:02 pm »

You think back to when you killed the mouse. You remember...something coming out of it but you can't recall exactly what it was. Just some shimmering stuff that went up when the Anima connection failed. Maybe the mouse's memories?  You're not sure you want to eat the memories of a mouse...but they might be good. Mice hear lots of things, see lots of things. Hmm.

In any case, you grab one of the nails and carefully jam it down the mouse's throat before reaching up and grabbing at the Anima. As you touch it, the red glow of your ring flows up your arm in little pulses and with a cold tingle you catch hold of the fabric of life. You pull it down; it resists more than you imagined it would but not hugely so and you carefully wrap it around the head of the nail, which is still sticking out from the mouse's mouth. The ring flashes once more as the connection is made and then the mouse's body shivers. With an odd muffled squeak it rises up onto its legs again and then stands perfectly still.

MOUSE.

HOVER MODE.

Also congratulations to us, if we weren't a necromancer before, we sure are now! Let's maybe bring our mouse friend along as we try to learn some of the other things on our list the natural way in the library.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 22, 2019, 10:35:16 pm »

Recall if it's possible to see through or use the senses of the puppet ourselves, if we can sense how many we have active/when one is destroyed, and if signal strength/latency becomes an issue when the puppet is far away.

Hmm. I wonder if the stuff we can absorb from books with Esme's help counts as "memories" that Anima Phantoms can eat. If so, that could be a source of food for them, as large as the library itself.
Do Anima Phantoms only eat specific kinds of memories, or do they just devour anything? Does it matter how emotional/interesting the memories are?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 94