Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 110353 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2019, 10:28:09 am »

Fail to notice the lead, go have a sandwich.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2019, 10:34:21 am »

Open the book to the page he's holding and read whats there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 10, 2019, 11:06:44 am »

Open the book to the page he's holding and read whats there.
+1
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 10, 2019, 02:03:14 pm »

Fail to notice the lead, go have a sandwich.

+1, but then just before you take a bite, bolt upright and exclaim "EGADS. What am I doing?!" Then begin a montage while you go out and buy a Subway™ sandwich for yourself and Piecewise. Both look at the camera in satisfaction.

Or instead of that, check out more closely what he's reading into, specifically at the place his finger rests.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 10, 2019, 02:11:45 pm »

There's two possibilities here. 1: Piecewise is under somebody else's control. 2: Piecewise has attained sapience.
If Piecewise has attained sapience, we might be able to communicate with him. He apparently can't talk... but can he write? Let's find out.

Do look at what Piecewise is reading, but then find writing materials. Lay said materials in front of him, then ask him: "Do you know how to use these?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #200 on: May 10, 2019, 04:54:08 pm »

You grab the book, being careful not to lose the page he is holding, and check what it says.  The page he's holding is the first page of an article talking about the expansion of a particular government lab which is investigating the connection between the Anima and conciousness. In the report they talk about a "Director Kelley" and then list several of his subordinates. The names include Jennifer Massey, Erin Massey, Thomas Hill, and Paul Van-Horn.

You set the book on the table and, with some help from Esme, get a piece of paper and a pencil. You set them on the table near Piecewise and ask if he can use them. He nods his head slowly.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 10, 2019, 05:17:02 pm »

Oh goodness we can ask questions and get answers in the form of writing. This is a big deal.

Also he found information on our past life.

Firstly tell him there is more gravy than a grave about him, and then ask him if he can tell us more about who we were. Also, does he know who he was before he was Piecewise? Also we should see if he can tell us more about the extent to which he is aware. Have we been carrying a thing that qualifies as a person around in a briefcase? We should apologize.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 11, 2019, 03:27:28 am »

Oh goodness we can ask questions and get answers in the form of writing. This is a big deal.

Firstly tell him there is more gravy than a grave about him, and then ask him if he can tell us more about who we were. Also, does he know who he was before he was Piecewise? Also we should see if he can tell us more about the extent to which he is aware. Have we been carrying a thing that qualifies as a person around in a briefcase? We should apologize.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 11, 2019, 05:53:47 am »

+1
+1
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 11, 2019, 03:03:23 pm »

Alright, so Piecewise can answer questions. Cool!

Ask Piecewise to answer the following questions using the paper and pencil we've provided him, giving him time to answer each one before asking the next: "What are you? Who were you? What am I? Who was I?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2019, 06:17:15 am »

Didn't we already try asking him using words? So unless something changed since yesterday or writing follows different rules, I don't think it will be any different. I think this is a literal interpretation of "yes, I can write whatever you tell me to".

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2019, 10:29:23 am »

+1
+1
Alright, so Piecewise can answer questions. Cool!

Ask Piecewise to answer the following questions using the paper and pencil we've provided him, giving him time to answer each one before asking the next: "What are you? Who were you? What am I? Who was I?"
You ask Piecewise what he is.  He responds in a neat, even, almost typewriter like script that "I am a skeleton".

However as you try to ask him further questions you quickly find that the vast majority of them simply end with him holding the pencil on the paper and vibrating as though straining to act but unable to. Through process of elimination and a few tests in which you have Esme stand behind Piecewise and hold up a certain number of fingers, you discovered that Piecewise seems to be drawing from your knowledge. Even when he doesn't see the number held up, as long as you see it, he knows.  He also seems to have his own memory, as he can recall numbers you aren't shown, but his memory seems very limited, as though only able to hold on to very objective data. You ask him about last night and he explains, in a rather tortuous way via a dozen questions, that he was in his bag and then he was down here. There seems to be a blank space in his memory.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2019, 06:19:55 pm »

Hmm. That doesn't leave us with much to go on. So investigating that lab and the people working there at the time should probably be our priority, unless Esme has a better idea about what we should investigate or something she'd like our help with.

But perhaps we should get a bit more basic questions first. Like, where's that lab? How do we get there? Do we walk? Take a cab? Drive? Do we need money? Do we need an ID? Do we need to hide our face with a fashionable scarf?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2019, 05:29:20 am »

Lets look through the book piecewise had and see of there's any other information that it might contain.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2019, 09:18:54 am »

Lets look through the book piecewise had and see of there's any other information that it might contain.
The book doesn't seem to contain any more info related to Kelley, though it does contain a lot of information about arcane research.

Hmm. That doesn't leave us with much to go on. So investigating that lab and the people working there at the time should probably be our priority, unless Esme has a better idea about what we should investigate or something she'd like our help with.

But perhaps we should get a bit more basic questions first. Like, where's that lab? How do we get there? Do we walk? Take a cab? Drive? Do we need money? Do we need an ID? Do we need to hide our face with a fashionable scarf?
You show the article to Esme and ask what she thinks your next moves should be.

"First things first, we need to get you some identification papers. Without those its only a matter of time until they pick you up. And considering your unique biology and lack  of history they'll either incinerate you as a weapon or study you as a specimen.  But after that we can start investigating these names and that lab. I don't think the lab still exists, or at least exists in the same way. I'll get word around that we're looking for info on these people though. With any luck at least one of them will still be alive and willing to talk.

I'm going to get something to eat, then we'll head to the forger, alright?"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 94