Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 110014 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2019, 01:52:58 pm »

I think we've joined the resistance, mates.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2019, 05:46:13 am »

Lets go see the forger.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2019, 01:03:13 pm »

You follow Esme who leads you back upstairs and into a little kitchen. Its the only room you've seen so far up here that has a window; albeit a small one. She puts a kettle on a wood burning stove and starts making some toast in a skillet so you wander over to the window and stare out. The world outside looks quite different from this height and in this light. Dark gray buildings streaked with rain stains and soot stretch out to the harbor  where the water glitters in the morning sun, a deep shade of blue. Countless thin pillars of smoke rise from the rooftop chimneys and the stacks of the distant ships. The sky is still stormy and the snow blowing past the window is stained with soot. The city seems some great ruin of progress, the jagged pointed rooftops like the shattered foundation of something larger and more meaningful.

"Do you want anything?"

You wave the offer away. You're still not sure how your body handles food and you don't want a belly of toast slowly molding. Esme sits down and you wander over and sit across from her. You ask about the forger and she considers while chewing.

"We use him for all of our forging work. He's in the basement of a bar a few blocks from here, doing work as a printmaker for the government. Illustrations for their posters and pamphlets and what not."

She jams the tip of her butter knife into the remaining slice of toast. "He's a little too good at it, if you ask me." She says with a grimace. "You can see one his posters out there." She gestures back to the window and down, to the streets below.  You get up and take another look: the poster is in the next street, on the blank wall of an building, its colors mostly faded from sunlight and soot. Still, the image is clear. Had you the knowledge of such things you might compare it to art nouveau or the works of Alphonse Mucha: Flowing, richly detailed yet ethereal and dreamlike. Art which contains aspects of indefinable beauty and heroism, which seems both old and new at once. It depicts the state as a woman wrapped in flowing white  carrying a flowing flag above her head and striding forwards towards the viewer. Great towers loom behind her and the caption at her feet reads "Ever Forward!"

Esme knocks for the third time, shivering as another gust of icy wind whips down the alley and stirs little flurries of snow in the sunken basement entryway.

"Damn it Bruce, open up."  She mutters as her fist pounds out a dull rhythm on the metal door.   She's just about to start knocking for the fourth time when the door swings open. The man that opened it is not quite what you expected. He looks like a retired boxer: square head, barrel chest, stocky frame and thick callused hands. He has hasn't shaved in days and looks like he was asleep until a few moments ago, his short cropped hair somehow still messy.  He looks you both up and down with an angry squint and then steps aside for you to enter. You follow Esme and the man slams the door shut behind you. Esme and the man -whose name must be Bruce- Launch off into tirades about leaving people out in the cold or waking someone up at the ungodly hour of 11am. You wander away as they argue. The underground room is basically just one large space with a the only separate room being a little bathroom off to the side. A kitchen area and a bed are shoved into one corner of the room while the rest of the space is filled with artist paraphernalia. Tubes of paint, blocks of linoleum, a printer's press, etching tub, sheets of metal, canvases, boxes of what look like stage props and a modeling area with a tree stump and great heaps of cloth flowers in garlands draped over it or hanging from above. A woman, most likely the model judging from the tunic and discarded crown of flowers, is curled up and still asleep in a large arm chair next to the still smoldering wood burning stove. 

You're shaken from your examinations when Bruce puts a heavy hand on your shoulder and grunts "What name?"

You stare at him for a moment, confused.

"What name do you want on your papers." He says, clearly losing patience, "And I ain't putting Alexander Kelley. Would ruin my reputation."

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2019, 01:09:59 pm »

Something that is common, but not so common that it looks fake. How about Thomas Johnson?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2019, 05:17:26 pm »

Something that is common, but not so common that it looks fake. How about Thomas Johnson?

I like Johnson for a last name, but our first could use some pepping up...

We are "Eligius Johnson", after the Latin eligere: "to choose".
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 24, 2019, 06:35:15 am »

How about "Eligius Goldstine".
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #216 on: May 24, 2019, 09:45:13 am »

I vote for Thomas Deadison. Because science!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2019, 10:48:46 am »

I vote for Thomas Deadison. Because science!

*snrk*

Let's not put that on our passport, but among friends? That's our name now. :D

How about "Eligius Goldstine".
+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 24, 2019, 12:36:50 pm »

Kalexander Elly?

What about "Not Sure"?
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2019, 12:52:38 pm »

Alice Harvard.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2019, 02:07:06 pm »

So far the only name to get a vote is "Eligius Goldstine" so unless someone else has something better, thats what we'll be going with.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2019, 02:31:03 pm »

So far the only name to get a vote is "Eligius Goldstine" so unless someone else has something better, thats what we'll be going with.

I haven't heard a better one yet, aside from my own crazed musings.

+1 to Eligius Goldstine.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #222 on: May 29, 2019, 12:20:44 pm »

You give the name of "Eligius Goldstine". Bruce looks at you for a moment and then shrugs. He ponderously walks to a sketching table, picks up a camera and, after some angry instructions of how you should stand and act, takes your picture. He then shoves a canister into your hand and demands that you get the film developed while he works on the paperwork.

"You know walking around outside without paperwork is dangerous" Esme cuts in on Bruce's demands, taking the film from your hand. "I'll go do it.  You should talk to Bruce about any questions you have relating to the old days. I'm relatively new in town but Bruce has been here since they laid the first cobblestone."

"I don't wanna be answering the questions of no empty headed corpsepuppet while I'm working!" Bruce growls at her, banging his fist on the table. The girl in the chair by the stove grumbles and turns around, trying to escape from the noise. Bruce looks at her for a moment and then sighs. "I don't like talking while I work," He says finally, more quietly this time. "Its distracting."

"Learn to multitask then." Esme says and walks for the door, "Besides, I thought old men loved talking about the old days."

Bruce grumbles after her as she closes the door behind her and then shifts his gaze to you.  Again he looks you up and down before grunting and turning back to his work.

After a few silent minutes he sighs again and without looking at you says "Well, get on with it."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 30, 2019, 09:11:13 pm »

Do you know why the sun shines?

Why do you make poster for the government and forge documents?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 30, 2019, 09:33:43 pm »

"Uh, I can't think of many questions, sorry..."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 94