Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 110336 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #495 on: August 31, 2019, 03:12:12 am »

Looks like we need to ask if Esme if she knows if bodies we raise rot or not.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 31, 2019, 09:49:38 am »

Get back to the library. Ask Esme whether the bodies will rot.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #497 on: August 31, 2019, 09:59:16 am »

Lets use the nails as the cores and use the snow to get the blood of the one guy.
Yeah, let's do that and merely puppet them so we can move them somewhere safe. Not necessarily back to the library, maybe Esme knows of a safehouse or abandoned building that's closer.

Once there we can perform surgery to get to their hearts.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 31, 2019, 10:38:01 am »

Bet if you just tell piecewise to nab their hearts now he'll Mortal Kombat it right on out.

Or hell, the point is to have the thing inside the object or body to use as a core. It's already in there. All we really need to do is what, be able to touch the thing? Have piecewise expose the heart real quick and just attach the ghosty fish right to it. Then we can just put the guy's shirt back on him and off we go.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #499 on: August 31, 2019, 01:39:55 pm »

Well, we'd need to get them naked so that we don't get any (more) blood on their clothes, then clean them up and then... I dunno, wait for their blood to clot or rip some of their clothes to use as bandages? Easier to just take them somewhere safe and then do the work there.

Another idea would be to have Piecewise dismember them. Then we just put the pieces in watertight bags to carry them and reassemble them in another location before reanimating them. Or just reanimate the individual parts and have them join together as a Voltron-zombie.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 01, 2019, 02:53:59 am »

Or just reanimate the individual parts and have them join together as a Voltron-zombie.
I'm liking the sound of the Voltron-zombie, but for that we'd probably want more than three dead guys for it, because the more bodies the bigger the monster.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 01, 2019, 05:49:39 am »

Or just reanimate the individual parts and have them join together as a Voltron-zombie.
I'm liking the sound of the Voltron-zombie, but for that we'd probably want more than three dead guys for it, because the more bodies the bigger the monster.
Yes, but if we are puppeting one body using multiple puppets, it would be difficult to determine which part is doing what if we aren’t watching it

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #502 on: September 01, 2019, 04:47:40 pm »

I don't think it works like that. From what I remember we leave a piece of our mind with the puppet so that it can carry out our commands. That's why we can't make too many of them, but we can control many at the same time. And that's why you can't only use puppets, you also need some of those creatures.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 01, 2019, 05:25:49 pm »

I don't think it works like that. From what I remember we leave a piece of our mind with the puppet so that it can carry out our commands. That's why we can't make too many of them, but we can control many at the same time. And that's why you can't only use puppets, you also need some of those creatures.
Oh yes, thanks for reminding me

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #504 on: September 02, 2019, 11:27:25 am »

Lets use the nails as the cores and use the snow to get the blood of the one guy.
Yeah, let's do that and merely puppet them so we can move them somewhere safe. Not necessarily back to the library, maybe Esme knows of a safehouse or abandoned building that's closer.

Once there we can perform surgery to get to their hearts.

You ask Esme about necromantic bodies rotting. She knits her brows and thinks for a moment.

"I think that puppets rot, but that if they have a spirit in them they will stay mostly the same? Or at least they won't rot but they might mummify or generally change. Alexander used to keep his in a freezer when he wasn't using them, to keep them fresh."

You ask about a safe place nearby, somewhere you can take these bodies to work on them more effectively and without the fear of having someone happen upon you elbow deep in a police man's chest cavity.

"We probably shouldn't bring them to the library at all. Too much of a risk. We could hide the bodies in one of these warehouses but there's a good chance they'll be searched after the men are reported missing..."

She pulls a street map out of her pocket and holds it for a moment, eyes closed. You see things rapidly slither across her skin and up her sleeve. You start working on the bodies in the meantime. You have piecewise insert nails into each man's chest, pushing it right into the sternum until the head is flush with the skin. One by one you spill a little blood and connect the anima to the bodies. Having 3 bodies puppeted at the same time makes you feel distracted or foggy. You can feel them leeching off your mind to understand things; even as simple as they are, its still like trying to do 4 things at once. Luckily the mana drain from the reanimation is pretty slight, you only feel a bit tired.  You have piecewise finish them up by hiding their injuries while you talk with Esme.

"There's a few options" She says, putting the map away. "About four blocks away is a warehouse that we control; its one of the ways we get things into and out of the city. Its ours so we know its safe for the moment but it might be within the radius that they'll look for these guys.  Beyond that there's a meat packing plant maybe two miles that way," She indicates a direction to the east, "Not ours but it should have refrigeration and we might be able to effectively hide them. But, if anyone finds them- or us- its gonna cause a stir.  Last place is a mortuary. About 3 miles north. Good place to hide bodies, I would assume, but its not under our control and it would mean having to march these guys through city streets."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 02, 2019, 11:36:05 am »

Of those options, I like the warehouse we control best.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 02, 2019, 12:04:02 pm »

Yes, me too +1

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 02, 2019, 12:22:59 pm »

Yes, me too +1

+1.

Alexander used to keep his in a freezer when he wasn't using them, to keep them fresh.

Wait what? Sounds like she was fairly deep in his necromantic activities.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 02, 2019, 03:19:09 pm »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 03, 2019, 04:38:36 am »

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 94