Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 110035 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #510 on: September 06, 2019, 11:26:12 am »

Of those options, I like the warehouse we control best.
Yes, me too +1

+1
+1

You command the bodies to rise and they do so, clambering up and out of the snow in a way that seems very efficient but not exactly natural. You let Esme know that the warehouse sounds best: it might be risky in the long term but at least its under friendly control and won't involve walking corpses through downtown. 

The walk to the warehouse is a quiet one; you meet no one else along the way and at most see a few people at a distance on the streets beyond the dockyards. The warehouse Esme leads you to is closer to the water than the ones before, tucked in a far corner against the rocks of the coastline. Waves lap against the concrete shore and the smell of salt hangs so heavy it stings your eyes. Esme unlocks the chains and padlock that bar the side doors and leads the way inside. Unlike the other warehouses, which have large windows near their ceiling to let in natural light during the day, this building's walls are solid metal and the only illumination comes from overhead lights. They cast what seems like particularly harsh illumination down on the metal shelves and wooden crates, creating sharp edged shadows that make everything seem subtly unreal, like an illustration.

"There are some tables over on the back wall," Esme says, gesturing to the far wall. "Is there anything else you need for this?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 06, 2019, 08:18:56 pm »

What tools, exactly, does one use to strip flesh from bone or extract an intact heart?

Hmm. Might want a plan to dispose of the bits we won't end up needing.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 08:20:32 pm by Egan_BW »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 07, 2019, 04:28:56 am »

We could always find a manhole and drop everything we don't want down there.

As for tools I assume anything a butcher uses we could use for this.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 07, 2019, 10:13:31 am »

She seems really on board with this.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #514 on: September 11, 2019, 08:07:08 am »

She seems really on board with this.
Well, she is a soldier and this is what you came here to do.

Also, its been several days and I ain't seeing no actions here.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 11, 2019, 08:13:34 am »

We'll need some kind of cloth to wrap the organ in, and needle and thread to stitch closed the incision. Other than that... I think we're good. We have a knife already.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 11, 2019, 08:14:54 am »

Pretend that my post up above is bolded, and questions to Esme. We need something to turn fresh corpses into skeletons, and preferably a way to dispose of the leftover meaty bits.

If we can get those tools, the plan is to make these three like Piecewise was when we woke up. Down to the skeleton, with their hearts acting as cores.
We'll use Phantoms to animate these. Try to hook ones that appear to have a good balance of power and hunger.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 11, 2019, 08:19:33 am »

Oh, we're stripping down the entire thing? Yeah alright...

Pretend that my post up above is bolded, and questions to Esme. We need something to turn fresh corpses into skeletons, and preferably a way to dispose of the leftover meaty bits.

If we can get those tools, the plan is to make these three like Piecewise was when we woke up. Down to the skeleton, with their hearts acting as cores.
We'll use Phantoms to animate these. Try to hook ones that appear to have a good balance of power and hunger.

+1
Also maybe a fresh change of clothes. This is gonna get... really messy.

Say, do we know what holds Piecewise's bones together?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 11, 2019, 08:24:07 am »

I thought we were going to keep the bodies in tact, taking out the heart to use it as the core, then reinserting the heart. If they look like humans, maybe we won’t have to hide them as much

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 11, 2019, 08:27:25 am »

They'll likely rot though, making them easier to detect than a properly dressed up skeleton for anyone with a nose. I also suspect they'll be more flexible and possibly stronger as skeletons. Plus we'll be able to apply armor right to the bones like with Piecewise

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 11, 2019, 08:29:05 am »

Oh, I hadn’t thought of that

+1

+1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 11, 2019, 08:35:15 am »

Of course, something like embalming might work if we really need an undead that someone can look in the face. Not sure how well a phantom could hold convincing conversation, though.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 11, 2019, 10:59:32 am »

Oh, I hadn’t thought of that

+1

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 11, 2019, 11:04:05 am »

Would it be possible to animate the mesty parts too? Effectively having 2 puppets each body?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 11, 2019, 11:09:48 am »

We can animate near anything, so animated skins should be possible, yes. Questionably useful, though. If we puppet them, we'll be splitting up our brain for the sake of having a minion that can barely walk, let alone attack someone. If we use a phantom... congrats, we now have a monster that we'll have to feed memories or else it'll quite ineffectually try to kill people.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 94