Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 110119 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #555 on: September 20, 2019, 12:21:12 pm »

My vote is to find out why Alexander felt the apparent need to clone himself in a bathtub and tell that clone to go meet Esme. For lack of a better description, that is.

Maybe we could go check his home, place of work, things like that? Maybe as a last resort some kind of covert search for records in whatever government facility might house the relevant ones? The main problem is that we are recognizable as the man himself.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 20, 2019, 02:51:25 pm »

...Have Piecewise toss a coin to us and try to bat it out of the air with a knife.

Hey, let's test all of our undead bodies, while we're at it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 20, 2019, 04:52:43 pm »

...Have Piecewise toss a coin to us and try to bat it out of the air with a knife.

......... That's a very good point. What can we do? How undead are we?

But... perhaps the best/least risky way to find out more would be to find out more about OG Alexander and his secret master necromancer goals. That way we don't have to resort to the equivalent of testing how durable we are by running in front of trains, etc etc.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #558 on: September 21, 2019, 01:40:03 am »

We should investigate that place Piecewise found. Maybe it holds info on why we exist or at least what Alex was doing for the government and where he is now. It probably also has information the resistance will find useful, like some new technology or secret weapon they've developed.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 21, 2019, 04:48:28 am »

What about investigating the hotel room we were born in?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #560 on: September 21, 2019, 05:51:08 am »

Didn't we already do that?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 21, 2019, 06:40:18 am »

I think we talked about it but didn't do it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 21, 2019, 07:09:19 am »

I forgot all about that, I feel dumb now.

We should investigate that place Piecewise found. Maybe it holds info on why we exist or at least what Alex was doing for the government and where he is now. It probably also has information the resistance will find useful, like some new technology or secret weapon they've developed.
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 21, 2019, 08:19:45 am »

+1
+1

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 21, 2019, 11:40:49 am »

+1

+1
+1

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 21, 2019, 12:59:43 pm »

+1
+1

+1
+1

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 22, 2019, 01:21:12 am »

+1
+1

+1
+1

+1
+1

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #568 on: September 24, 2019, 10:39:07 am »

(let it be known I actually tried hitting a coin with a knife  to see how hard it was. I managed to hit it, but nearly broke a lamp in the process.)

+1
+1

+1
+1

+1
+1

You take the knife from piecewise and set up the test again, but this time with the coin coming your way. You do this a good dozen or so times and quickly discover that you are not some sort of impossibly skilled undead superman. You miss the first few throws and then manage to hit one, but only with your hand. You continue like this, missing most attempts, before stopping to consider things. You think about how you control or otherwise manage the actions of the other undead and try to apply it to yourself. You don't strike at the coin using the instinctual and innate control you have over your body, instead you order your body to act as a conscious action, as though it was separate from yourself.  When you do this your body moves not unlike the other undead; with precision and speed beyond what you can consciously bring out. Its a very odd feeling; your body seems to move of its own accord and yet not, as though it were simply operating on its base level mechanical capacities unhindered by indecision or analytical thinking. 

Its an interesting discovery but you can already see one major flaw: while the actual act performed is very fast and precise, it requires you to sit there and consciously order your body. You can't "program" responses or string along a series of actions; like the servants it only seems to understand simple instructions and immediate actions.  Any sort of actions with it are going to require a moment to "set up" and be slower to start or react with than normal actions.

As you do this, you tell Esme that you think the first thing you should investigate is that lab that Piecewise pointed out. Its really the best clue you have right now and the fact that piecewise pointed it out might mean that Alexander himself wanted you to look into it.

"A government lab won't be easy to gain access to, especially if it was one worthy of a high ranking member like Alexander." She says, watching you fumble a swing, "Infiltration would be easier than assault, I think, but to do that we'll need to get past who knows what kind of security. They probably have arcane tools to verify entrants or something along those lines. They'd take no chances."

She looks at the ground and taps one foot, squinting and tightening her jaw as she thinks.

"There is one way we might be able to get in...but keep in mind that I really don't know anything about the situation yet so..." She shrugs, "You're dead, we might as well use that trait to our advantage. I think we Might be able to smuggle you in as cargo.  I'll have to do some recon and gather info but a lab like that probably has regular shipments of supplies; if we can get you into one of the containers then you could probably get straight past security. Even if they scan it for stowaways, you'll just look like a corpse. If we're lucky they're already using bodies and you'll just be another in the pile."

She looks up.

"Unless of course you had planned to run in there, guns blazing. I wouldn't recommend it; in fact I wouldn't be involved. But if that's your play, I can at least give you some intel."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #569 on: September 24, 2019, 11:40:59 am »

"Would you like us to help? Maybe we can have an undead bug stick to a guard there to tell us where he goes. Then we can grab him while he's sleeping and have you read his mind. Or just kill them and absorb their memories, though I'm worried that might put them on alert."

Ask something along those lines.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 94