Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 110403 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #675 on: October 18, 2019, 05:35:15 pm »

Wasn't it where Esme said he worked for the government doing presumably shadowy government things? Like making clones of himself and also piecewises?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #676 on: October 18, 2019, 10:59:37 pm »

It was actually Piecewise who "told" us about the lab. It was the first time he moved during our "sleep". We woke up and he was holding a book open on a page talking about the lab.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 19, 2019, 03:29:55 am »

Go purchase something living and experiment with extracting memories from it without killing it. Also try reanimating it or putting a ghost in it without killing it to see what happens.

See if a skeleton can understand another skeleton is linked with us and if they can see the energy linking it to us. See if they can see point towards the source of the link. If it works, then from now on, we will use a skeleton other than Piecewise as a lookout while we sleep by ordering them to point at the direction the energy controlling Piecewise is coming from, if it comes from a direction other than ourselves. Maybe it will give us a clue.

Also, order ourselves to point at the energy controlling us. Maybe we don't know it consciously, but our undead body does.

Other than that, ask Esme if she needs anything from us to prepare our covert insertion into the secret research lab.

+1 Much more useful than my idea

+1

I forget what the original link to the lab was. How did we find out about it, and how is Kelley connected to it?

Also, we should ask Esme if there are people - good and bad - still living who could recognize that we look like Kelley. Other than her.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 19, 2019, 05:46:48 am »

This shit, because you ignored it last time:

Hmm. How should we feed our new pets? Will they whine at us if they get hungry or just start hunting?

Try to find an interesting book to read. Not for research or anything, just try to find a book it seems we would enjoy.

Maybe, consider the options. We are not required to live our life around fighting or looking for answers. If we wanted to, we could leave this behind, find something different to do with our unlife. We were built to do necromancy, set to find Esme, but we have the freedom to choose. So:
What do we want?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 19, 2019, 11:15:36 am »

I mean, isn't what we want more info about the truth of our existence?

Also oh yeah that's right I forgot where that lab info came from. Anyway that seems the best way forward. Also sure let's find a book to read about phantoms for learning and memories in the meantime. +1
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 19, 2019, 11:23:48 am »

And then just one we want to read, as Egan suggested

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 19, 2019, 03:01:29 pm »

I mean, isn't what we want more info about the truth of our existence?

We're free to desire as we please. Why do we need to know the truth behind our existence? We can intuit that Alexander made us to participate in some scheme of his. And learning more than that is the bait to entice us forwards. This mission will not be easy, it will be dangerous, and if we succeed we'll have gotten Alexander what he wanted. Not what we wanted. Of we fail, we will die never having lived for ourself.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 19, 2019, 03:06:29 pm »

A fair point, but if he wanted us to know more, why wouldn't he have left us more information? Or told Esme literally anything, for that matter? Finding out more may not be in line with his plan, or it might be. As of now we're expected to believe that he made us and then cut us loose with nothing but a card that amounted to "go to this person who knows nothing more about you than you do yourself".

I think it's accurate to say that we need to know both more about ourselves and about Alexander's goals in order to draw any conclusions, regardless of whether it plays into anyone's hands.

Last thought, his goals may not have been detrimental to us.

TLDR: I postulate that we do not yet have enough information to decide on a personal goal, therefore more information should be the current goal.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 06:14:38 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #683 on: October 19, 2019, 05:01:57 pm »

I mean, figuring out this mystery while fighting a guerilla war sounds like fun. Do we have anything better to do?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 20, 2019, 02:20:53 am »

I mean, figuring out this mystery while fighting a guerilla war sounds like fun. Do we have anything better to do?
Nope, that means it time to become war heroes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #685 on: October 22, 2019, 10:04:57 am »

Go purchase something living and experiment with extracting memories from it without killing it. Also try reanimating it or putting a ghost in it without killing it to see what happens.

See if a skeleton can understand another skeleton is linked with us and if they can see the energy linking it to us. See if they can see point towards the source of the link. If it works, then from now on, we will use a skeleton other than Piecewise as a lookout while we sleep by ordering them to point at the direction the energy controlling Piecewise is coming from, if it comes from a direction other than ourselves. Maybe it will give us a clue.

Also, order ourselves to point at the energy controlling us. Maybe we don't know it consciously, but our undead body does.

Other than that, ask Esme if she needs anything from us to prepare our covert insertion into the secret research lab.

+1 Much more useful than my idea

+1

I forget what the original link to the lab was. How did we find out about it, and how is Kelley connected to it?

Also, we should ask Esme if there are people - good and bad - still living who could recognize that we look like Kelley. Other than her.
+1
You ask Esme about preparing for a covert insertion into the lab, and if she needs anything for it.

"I need a lot of information." She says, returning to her work, "If we're sneaking you in like I suggested then we need to know where they get their bodies, the transport process, security measures, everything we can related to it. I've already got people looking into it but its apparently now what amounts to a blacksite. Information is hard to come by so it might take a bit. If you can figure out a way of getting more info on it without alerting everyone to whats going on, that would be good."

You head out and, with some money from Esme, buy several live chickens. You return them to the library, trying not to look suspicious. Bringing chickens into a library is kind of odd, after all. Attempts to extract memories from the chickens while they are alive are unsuccessful. You're not even sure how you'd do it; there aren't any coming out for you to grab. Its like trying to drink out of a closed bottle. Attempting to put a phantom into the chicken proves equally impossible; like trying to push the same poles of two magnets together. The thing just slides off or repels.  Animation proves more complex: attempting to connect the anima to a being already connected to it seems to grant them some amount of enhanced capacities; at least in the sort term. The connection, like the connection to a non-living thing, bleeds away and eventually snaps. The third time you try it on the same chicken, the creature catches fire and then bursts. Pushing too much anima into a living creature is definitely not good for it.

You ask the skeletons but they don't seem to understand. They just point at you when you ask them about energy linking them to you. Even the smarter one does this. Hmm.

You order your body to point at the one controlling you and it...just stands there. You ask it to point instead at the one empowering you and it points straight up.   

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 22, 2019, 03:58:13 pm »

We are so going to weaponize oversaturating people with anima

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #687 on: October 22, 2019, 05:53:06 pm »

Straight up? There's only one possible conclusion. We are being controlled by space aliens!

Anyway, maybe we should just take a look at some map? Maybe we can find a place where we can stake out there place. Maybe we'll see some sort of supply truck. Maybe the truck will have a company name we can search or maybe we can add some undead bug to it to track it to its home.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 22, 2019, 09:21:31 pm »

Build an anima oversaturation death ray.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 23, 2019, 05:43:34 am »

We should go find a homeless guy and see how much anima it takes to make it explode, then refine the process until we can create the ultimate Kung fu move, The Five Finger Death Punch!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 94