Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 108500 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2019, 04:52:00 pm »

I'd recommend telling us to do something we don't have the skills for, but are certainly possible for a person.  Like, say, telling ourselves to knit something, or fly a plane, or imitate someone else's handwriting.  Or bowl really well.  Something that someone else can do, but a normal person would likely not be able to do.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2019, 04:53:34 pm »

Ah, good point. That would be a puppet-skill... What do you propose? I have no ideas that are safe.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2019, 05:02:03 pm »

Well, we could take a piece of paper and fold an origami crane, or something more complicated that it'd be extremely rare for someone to know how to do.

The other check would be for something everyone knows how to do, but isn't capable of doing, there's sports skills like playing darts or shooting pool, or something art related like sketching detailed pictures with great speed and skill.

We could also see if Piecewise can do those things.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2019, 03:51:02 am »

"Is that a bad sign or are you just squeamish?"

Try to figure out what she knows about... that.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2019, 02:18:20 pm »

We could just ask her outright why we woke up in a bathtub filled with blood and have no memory. Presumably she knows something, since she arranged for her business card to be left there.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2019, 12:46:23 pm »

"Are you OK? You're not the sort of person who faints at the sight of blood, are you?"

See if she's OK. Apologize for the state of the place but point out that we're not responsible for its state. Probably. I mean, as far as we remember.
"Is that a bad sign or are you just squeamish?"

Try to figure out what she knows about... that.
You join Esme in the bathroom and ask her about her thoughts on the tub, wondering if she's squeamish about such things.

"No, no" she says, still staring at the bath, "I'm just confused.  I have no idea what...this" She motions towards the tub, "is for.  I'm not really an expert on necromancy but from what I know, what Alexander told me and showed me, this doesn't fit. Necromancers stitch corpses together or animate raw bodies but they don't work with things like this. It would be like finding a tub of random watch parts in a clockmaker's workshop, all tangled up and useless. It just doesn't make sense."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2019, 01:21:27 pm »

"Maybe the watchmaker just really hates organizing her spare parts?"
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2019, 06:05:15 pm »

"Maybe the watchmaker just really hates organizing her spare parts?"

"Maybe but you were in it right? Why?" She laughs a bit, "Maybe you're a reject?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2019, 07:01:52 pm »

Ha! Nice one.

"Hah! Who knows? Maybe just a spare part."

"But yeah, you're right. If your friend sent me to you then they must have had something in mind other than garbage disposal. I mean, I hope they did."

Have we actually told her about the note from Alex?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2019, 08:56:18 pm »

Ha! Nice one.

"Hah! Who knows? Maybe just a spare part."

"But yeah, you're right. If your friend sent me to you then they must have had something in mind other than garbage disposal. I mean, I hope they did."

Have we actually told her about the note from Alex?
You've shown her the card for the library which has the note to ask for her on the back, but not the other note, the one that says how to bind the skeleton and has the name "Alexander Kelley" on the back.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2019, 02:10:51 am »

Show her the note from Alexander Kelley.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2019, 02:18:08 pm »

I remain suspicious that she knows nothing whatsoever about our origins, even though her name was found in the room.

+1 to showing her the note. Perhaps it will clear things up.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2019, 11:38:40 am »

Show her the note from Alexander Kelley.
You pull out the note and show it to her. She takes it, reads the front, then the back, then the front again. After a few moments she hands it back to you.

"Its his handwriting I think," She says, clearly still mulling everything over in her head. She stays silent for a minute or two before finally starting to speak again.

"So. You woke up here. No real memory of your past but with some things still intact. You know the language, you apparently know me to some degree unless that thing about the glasses was just a good guess, and you told me you knew there was a war on.  There are three possibilities as I see it: First is that you are Alexander. You do look like him, or at least you look like the person I knew years ago. If thats the case we need to figure out why you've lost your memory and how you set everything up before hand.  Second, you're someone Alexander knows. If that's the case we need to find out who you are and how you ended up here.  And what Alexander had planned for you. Third, you are an undead. I don't actually know if that's possible, I've never heard of a truly cognizant undead. They're usually either puppets or just being piloted by some bound creature from the Anima. Maybe Alexander knew something I don't though, he was..."

She shakes her head

"For now, lets get back to the library. Mystery of your existence is a long term goal. For now, we need to worry about the basics."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2019, 01:21:14 pm »

She seems legit. We should pal around with her. Maybe do some library research?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2019, 04:54:29 pm »

Ask her how safe it is for us to go to the library. We wouldn't want to get her into trouble.

Nor would we want to trap ourselves in a corner, though there's no need to tell her that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 94