Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 108459 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #525 on: September 11, 2019, 11:13:47 am »

I was just asking if it was possible, it wasn’t a suggestion

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #526 on: September 11, 2019, 11:57:02 am »

Maybe we should just embalm them.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 11, 2019, 01:12:08 pm »

Maybe we should just embalm them.

Isn't that time consuming? This is an assumption, I ain't no embalminator.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 11, 2019, 02:48:01 pm »

We'd also need to get a hold of some embalming fluid, but if we do it right we could keep the corpses around forever, like they've done with Lenin.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #529 on: September 12, 2019, 11:06:44 am »

Oh, I hadn’t thought of that
Oh, we're stripping down the entire thing? Yeah alright...

Pretend that my post up above is bolded, and questions to Esme. We need something to turn fresh corpses into skeletons, and preferably a way to dispose of the leftover meaty bits.

If we can get those tools, the plan is to make these three like Piecewise was when we woke up. Down to the skeleton, with their hearts acting as cores.
We'll use Phantoms to animate these. Try to hook ones that appear to have a good balance of power and hunger.

+1
Also maybe a fresh change of clothes. This is gonna get... really messy.

Say, do we know what holds Piecewise's bones together?

+1
+1

What tools, exactly, does one use to strip flesh from bone or extract an intact heart?

Hmm. Might want a plan to dispose of the bits we won't end up needing.
Esme indicates she doesn't really know the finer points of butchering like that. She does however say that she thinks they use pressure hoses to clean remaining meat off of bones in slaughterhouses.

Esme offers up some sealed metal drums from one corner of the warehouse. They're the sort of drums you'd keep oil or some other type of liquid in; about 4 feet tall with large circular openings in the top for pouring or siphoning. Not big enough to shove a body into whole, but easily large enough to jam meat through.

"These, along with some of the gasoline from other drums, should be good enough to keep the remains contained till we can have someone pick them up. Just make sure to remember which are which."

You ask Esme for a fresh set of clothing to be prepared and then rummage through the warehouse. Despite being a dummy, it has all the various goods you'd expect from a warehouse, including a crate containing various plates, metal kitchen goods, and most importantly, cooking knifes.  They're not quite the purpose built tools you'd have liked, but they'll do.  You return to the group and lay out a handful of knives on the table with a clatter.  Esme looks at them with the first sign of squeamishness you've seen in her tonight. The murder apparently didn't bother her, or at least she had steeled herself for it. The abstract talk of disposing bodies was fine too, but these very real tools and the truth of what was about to happen apparently sunk in.

"I'm going to go get that set of clothing." She says, still looking at the knives, "I'll be back before dawn. If anything happens, just a make a run for it and I'll meet you back that hotel. The one you were...born in?" She looks at you and seems to be seeing you with new clarity.

You nod to her and then help Piecewise get the first body up onto the table. You hear her close the door behind her as you cut the jacket and shirt off the first man. Daniel. He has memories of butchering cattle and sheep. You watch them in your minds eye, watch the foreign hands work with the steady confidence of a job long practiced and perfected. Its not a perfect analog of course, but it will do.  You lay the knife on Daniel's shoulder and, following his hands, begin to cut.

You sit against the wall, the coldness of the correlated metal only vaguely registering. The three barrels, half filled with gasoline, half with human remnants, sit in front of you like solders standing at attention. Your sleeves are still soaked; you'd used sea water to wash the blood off the tops of the barrels and the table as best you could, stuffing the rags you'd used into the barrels afterwards. It will be dawn soon, in fact you think dawn might just be breaking now; there was a tiny sliver of gray light out on the horizon last time you were outside.

The new skeletons, clean or at least as clean as you could possibly make them, are standing  next to the table  where you left them. You had thought that you might have had to string the bones together with wire or something but an examination of piecewise and further experiments showed that all you needed to do was animate the skeleton as a singular thing and the bones would somehow stay together. It made sense in hindsight: piecewise is moving without muscle, so there's no reason the bones would necessarily need to be held together by anything. The strain from animating them, however, was far greater than you expected. Your ring, previously glowing brightly red, is now barely glowing at all. You feel very tired, not sore or sleepy like living people get, but just as though the air is thick and syrupy, making every movement slow and difficult.

Esme is in front of you all at once, with seemingly no warning or intervening time. You blink and she is there.

"Are you ok?" You hear her ask, new clothing being set on the floor in front of you. Her voice seems to be coming from far away.  She's looking at you with concern and you're not sure why.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 12, 2019, 11:26:42 am »

”the air feels thicker than usual”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 12, 2019, 09:51:34 pm »

We should probably have spirits inhabit the new skeletons instead of us animating them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 12, 2019, 10:14:00 pm »

If we didn't do that, why didn't we? That was the boldtext I posted.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #533 on: September 13, 2019, 11:01:27 am »

I think that regardless of whether or not we use sprites, we expend some energy reanimating things. But the solution is easy. We just have to kill more things.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 13, 2019, 12:20:05 pm »

Yeah IIRC we use the spirits but have to tether them to our own will or whatnot, which is the part that is tiring to maintain.

Anyway yeah be like wow hey I feel like this many spirits is too much and maybe I'm dying and/or about to pass into a coma, you got some v8? For real though we should ask if she has a way to recharge our spiritual batteries from without, or we need to release a skeleton or two. Minions are great but we also need to function outselves.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 13, 2019, 04:53:16 pm »

Yeah IIRC we use the spirits but have to tether them to our own will or whatnot, which is the part that is tiring to maintain.

Anyway yeah be like wow hey I feel like this many spirits is too much and maybe I'm dying and/or about to pass into a coma, you got some v8? For real though we should ask if she has a way to recharge our spiritual batteries from without, or we need to release a skeleton or two. Minions are great but we also need to function outselves.
yes, we must ask about a way for recharge. If we deanimate, we can store the de animated bodies if our minions get killed

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #536 on: September 14, 2019, 12:17:37 am »

They are spirit animated, don't worry.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #537 on: September 15, 2019, 02:39:54 pm »

Send Piecewise or Esme to go bring us something to kill. Or at least ask her for what she thinks the easiest way to recharge is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 15, 2019, 02:43:08 pm »

Send Piecewise or Esme to go bring us something to kill. Or at least ask her for what she thinks the easiest way to recharge is.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 15, 2019, 09:43:09 pm »

+1
+1
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 94