Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112265 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #1050 on: March 09, 2020, 12:08:37 pm »

A good next step would be to find out as much about Alexander and his work as possible.

It's a fairly sure bet that we are a result of his work one way or another.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 09, 2020, 02:42:10 pm »

A good next step would be to find out as much about Alexander and his work as possible.

+1, and his co-workers as per Esme's suggestion

Definitely, considering the circumstances of our awakening, and the Kell-Faber line

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 09, 2020, 02:59:27 pm »

Definitely, considering the circumstances of our awakening, and the Kell-Faber line
+1 to the plan, also yes, I agree we are likely Alexander’s work in some way

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 10, 2020, 04:16:47 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 10, 2020, 04:01:17 pm »

In fact, we're probably the result of his work in two different ways: the end result of his research progress, and an undead created by Kelley personally.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1055 on: March 12, 2020, 11:01:19 am »

+1

You make it clear your desire is to find out as much about Alexander and his work as possible.

"It won't be easy. As far as official policy goes, any of his work was destroyed and any mention of him in older works was purged. He used to be a rising star in the party so they had to get rid of all their praise to properly condemn him. Anything left about him is going to be in the hands of private owners, overlooked by censorship. Or in the minds of any of his old colleges. Approaching them will be dangerous though; its impossible to tell which ones are secretly sympathetic, which are cowards who will denounce him -and us- to survive, and which ones bought into the propaganda.

As I see it, we've got a few options to start with: First we can try to track down the pictured colleges in the book. They're the most solid leads. Second, we can kidnap some scientist currently working on that project you found out  about. I'm sure we can get information out of him...or if you can just 'eat' him. That's up to your particular morality. Third, we can try to find where they're archiving texts of his. They have to exist; his work is too important for them to wipe it out purely to spite him and carry on with their propaganda message. They'll disavow it publicly and continue to use it in private, as we have already seen.

Those are my ideas, we can use any of them you'd like or if you have a reasonable plan I'd be good with that too."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1056 on: March 12, 2020, 01:30:16 pm »

"Hmm. How would we go about tracking his colleagues down? Were they targets in the campaign to erase him from existence? If so, then you're right, our best hope of finding someone who is friendly to us would be to find someone who is captured or in hiding, as anyone who isn't hiding is either working with the government or trying to not attract its attention. We'll have a hard time finding someone in hiding if even the government can't find them, unless we get more help from Piecewise. So maybe our best bet is finding someone they've captured and forced to work for them. Was there any indication of that in the documents we recovered?"

Let's discuss our options for now. See what she thinks about combining 1 and 2.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 13, 2020, 12:17:49 pm »

"Hmm. How would we go about tracking his colleagues down? Were they targets in the campaign to erase him from existence? If so, then you're right, our best hope of finding someone who is friendly to us would be to find someone who is captured or in hiding, as anyone who isn't hiding is either working with the government or trying to not attract its attention. We'll have a hard time finding someone in hiding if even the government can't find them, unless we get more help from Piecewise. So maybe our best bet is finding someone they've captured and forced to work for them. Was there any indication of that in the documents we recovered?"

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 13, 2020, 12:28:56 pm »

+1

Unless we can find someone they've plainly forced to work under duress or is in hiding, it seems super risky to go find someone who used to work with him. By her logic they either A) Will help us B) Will not help us, or C) Will not help us. That means we have a 33% chance of success there. Presumably resistance-minded folks are still a minority, so probably less than that.

This is one instance where I'd vote for finding and eating a scientist.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1059 on: March 15, 2020, 11:16:50 am »

"I'm not sure if they were really targeted in the same way he was. Likely they'd have to publicly denounce him, but they may still harbor doubts.  Honestly we don't even know their current location or state. They may be in prison, they may be working, they may have been quietly disappeared at some point and are now in some unknown facility or a unmarked grave.

First thing I'm going to do is try to get information on the known associates. After that we'll expand the search to find anyone working at the facility at the time who might have information. Its going to take a little while to get the info though. If you want to be proactive, I do known the location of a government prison that is supposed to hold political prisoners. We've never managed to get anyone in or really do much with it, but if you want to try your hand or do recon while we gather info, I'd be fine with that. I can get you the info and supplies, like last time."

Her face changes from contemplative to annoyed

"But this time, I want you to keep in contact and not do anything crazy without telling me first. I'll teach you the cipher we use for information exchange."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 15, 2020, 01:05:56 pm »

"...Yes ma'am." Look demure.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 16, 2020, 03:48:31 am »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 16, 2020, 12:43:14 pm »

(A-Team theme plays)

Gentlemen, we are now a part of the resistance.

+1

+1 for sure though, let's follow her lead for the time being.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 16, 2020, 07:52:30 pm »

(A-Team theme plays)

Gentlemen, we are now a part of the resistance.

+1

+1 for sure though, let's follow her lead for the time being.
+1

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1064 on: March 18, 2020, 11:20:54 am »

Hey various players and lurkers, we're having a movie night over on my discord this saturday. Movies, cartoons, etc will be streaming for most of the day, so feel free to come hang out. Just bear in mind that apparently streaming only functions via the Discord application OR chrome; we've had people on other browsers unable to see it.  If you have suggestions for stuff you want to watch, feel free to leave them so I can set it up. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 11:23:10 am by piecewise »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 94