Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 111699 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #1125 on: April 07, 2020, 07:59:30 pm »

I say wait to see what he says when he comes back.

If they try to arrest us, flip the fuck out. I agree, the only way to completely isolate any trouble from the library is to kill everyone here. Hopefully it's something silly. Stay cool.
+1

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 07, 2020, 09:46:29 pm »

If they try to arrest us, flip the fuck out.

If we get accosted for serious Kelley/necro suspicion, we need to act the most offended these people have ever, ever seen.

Before sqeulching any reports of Library connection. Violently.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:31:07 am by Eschar »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1127 on: April 08, 2020, 05:36:22 am »

I'm pretty sure they won't try to arrest us. If they had the possibility of arrest or that we were someone dangerous in their mind they'd have us follow them instead of telling us to wait there, away from the Outpost. Or they would have told another soldier to keep an eye on us. But right now we could just walk away. They're probably just going to ask us some questions.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 08, 2020, 06:40:41 am »

I’m thinking if we walk away and they don’t think us suspicious, walking away will make them think we’re suspicous

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 08, 2020, 06:45:24 am »

If they try to arrest us, flip the fuck out. I agree, the only way to completely isolate any trouble from the library is to kill everyone here. Hopefully it's something silly. Stay cool.
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1130 on: April 10, 2020, 11:16:46 am »

+1
+1

You decide to wait. About thirty second later the soldier reappears, his superior following along behind. You only ever saw her legs, but you recognize her now. Commander Ellis, the woman who raided Bruce's apartment and threatened his daughter. She looks different than you imagined; your mental image was one of an older woman with severe cheek bones and a smug expression of superiority. This woman is young, maybe mid or late 20s, with a round face, large eyes, and a haircut that frames her features oddly.  She takes the papers from her subordinate and walks over to you. She looks at the papers and then looks at you.

"Orpheus Goldstine?" She asks, an eyebrow raised.

You jokingly ask if its a crime to have whimsical parents. She doesn't react to the retort. Instead she takes a step forward and, with a leather gloved hand, grabs you buy the cheek, pinching the flesh between two fingers. She tugs it back and forth a bit, as though checking if it would fall off. You're silently grateful that she's wearing gloves and can't feel how cold your skin is. And that she hasn't noticed that the fake breathing you're doing doesn't fog up the cold air like hers does. She lets your face go after another moment and checks your papers again.

"Who are your parents exactly?" She asks, "Where are they from. What was your father's profession?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 10, 2020, 11:21:27 am »

"Orpheus Goldstine?" She asks, an eyebrow raised.

snrk
I'd... forgotten we named ourself that.  :P

Anyway. Do we try and make something up, or do we flip out and kill things?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 10, 2020, 11:53:44 am »

Come up with something based on the memories we've consumed. We have so much knowledge and a seemingly superhuman ability to recall it, so it shouldn't be hard to come up with something plausible. Say we're from the country, where record keeping is looser.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 10, 2020, 11:55:08 am »

Come up with something based on the memories we've consumed. We have so much knowledge and a seemingly superhuman ability to recall it, so it shouldn't be hard to come up with something plausible. Say we're from the country, where record keeping is looser.

+1

Much better than flipping out and killing things.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 10, 2020, 12:20:57 pm »

+1

+1
“My parents are Mary Goldstine and Orpheus Goldstine. I was named after my father. Mary’s maiden name was Gold. Mom and dad were farmers, mom dealt more with the plants, and dad was the one who butchered animals. As for why I left, I didn’t. Not willingly. There were 3 people who broke into our house when I was around 15. They took me and killed my parents when they tried to rescue me. The people who took me told me to never tell anyone what happened. Eventually I was able to escape when the 3 of the, were asleep, but I was never sure whether they were part of a larger group or not, and so stayed hidden”
Orpheus’s memories will serve better here
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 12:27:05 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 10, 2020, 12:23:48 pm »

Let's let our character come up with the particulars-- he oughta know more about this world now than we do, and world knowledge is critical for this sort of thing.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 10, 2020, 12:26:19 pm »

Let's let our character come up with the particulars-- he oughta know more about this world now than we do, and world knowledge is critical for this sort of thing.
fair point

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 10, 2020, 12:51:00 pm »

+1

+1

Less fun, but I see your point

Also: "Goldstine"? Heh.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 10, 2020, 12:55:45 pm »

Now hold up

You give the name of "Eligius Goldstine".

I thought our name was "Eligius"? Think I'm missing something here.

klonk
Sigtext

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 10, 2020, 01:45:42 pm »

I've re-read the pages near that quote,
You give the name of "Eligius Goldstine".

And
1. Apparently we (the players, not the character) talked about the name Orpheus a bit after Commander Ellis left Bruce.
2. Bruce mentioned someone named Nina Antonov, who we could help him find as a favor. Just an interesting thing we haven't thought about since.
3. If we can ever do so without being killed, found out, or drawing attention to the Library, we are so murdering Commander Ellis.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:48:04 pm by Eschar »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 94