Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 111709 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #1170 on: April 14, 2020, 06:21:12 pm »

May I axe you a question
who are you asking? Also yes
no
that is not the way

acquire axe
then axe questions
we must acquire axe

Basically this. It's a play on words.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 14, 2020, 06:25:37 pm »

Right. Sure.
But before axeing people questions, we must acquire axe. Such is the way!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 14, 2020, 06:29:35 pm »

I actually didn’t see the axe until Superdorf pointed it out, then I reread the quote

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 15, 2020, 08:31:43 am »

Why don't we get a hatchet, its like a axe but smaller.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 15, 2020, 08:59:28 am »

Why don't we get a hatchet, its like a axe but smaller.
yep, smaller=easier to carry, easier to conceal

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1175 on: April 17, 2020, 09:11:47 am »

Hurt wrist, typing with left hand only Posts will be short, better in day or two.

Nah, I think it's more that the official propaganda is he's dead but there are rumors he's alive and soldiers probably know to look out for him. Otherwise we wouldn't had been stopped by some random soldier because our face looks familiar. Unless he's part of her elite unit or something.

Edit: Maybe get in contact with Bruce to see if we can find out more about his missing fugitive daughter. It's a long shot but maybe some of the documents we recover from our raid will contain information about her. Just because the government says they don't know where she is doesn't mean it's true. But don't give him any information about what we're doing, answer vaguely if he asks, just in case something bad happens.

Other than that, ready to go.

His "missing" daughter is Mary. The implication is that she's wanted but they're not coming for her as long has he continues to work for them.

What if they're just letting us go so they can keep an eye on us and look for any concrete signs of necromancy, and see who we associate with? Who knows, we might have slipped through their net now only to thoroughly implicate the Library and ourself further down the line.

Especially since they know we're about to go on a trip away from any other contacts and with just the two of us, and they know the general area we plan to camp in...

This is worth bringing up to Esme for sure.

Indeed. Express our suspicion.
She says its reasonable. But she already intended to do everything under the guise of normalcy until you're safe in the woods. May want to leave Piecewise behind; he has no papers and won't look good if stopped.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1176 on: April 17, 2020, 09:31:50 am »

Oh, he never specifically said that when Ellis said "we'll start looking for that traitorous daughter of yours" she was talking about Mary. Then when we asked about what that all was about her went on to explain how some people protested and even committed "terrorist" acts and then went into hiding. And Mary was described as more of a girl than a woman, so I found it unlikely she would had joined the protests. So I always assumed he had another daughter that had joined the protests and then went into hiding.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1177 on: April 18, 2020, 12:45:22 am »

Oh, he never specifically said that when Ellis said "we'll start looking for that traitorous daughter of yours" she was talking about Mary. Then when we asked about what that all was about her went on to explain how some people protested and even committed "terrorist" acts and then went into hiding. And Mary was described as more of a girl than a woman, so I found it unlikely she would had joined the protests. So I always assumed he had another daughter that had joined the protests and then went into hiding.
Ooc she was in her early teens at the time. She's now in her late teens. Girlish in action more than anything. She was involved with protests, the "kids with signs" he talks about, but got rounded up with others and associated with more extreme elements. They didn't really care to differentiate. The government is only a few years old and it is desperate to maintain control.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 18, 2020, 01:06:04 am »

Moving on... do we have anything we want to make happen in the coming day?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 18, 2020, 01:12:57 am »

Consume the goernment.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 18, 2020, 04:21:16 am »

Consume the goernment.
We should look into some kind of alcohol that'll pair nicely with it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1181 on: April 20, 2020, 10:15:04 am »

No new actions eh? Shall I take that as we're good to go?

The following day, around sunrise, you and Esme head for the train station. You make no attempt to hide your actions, in fact you might be a bit overly loud. You talk about the library, openly hold your packs on your back, pass stories about your childhood in the mountains and other such things. You do your best to look utterly carefree and completely innocent of any wrongdoing. You think you do it pretty well, because none of the guards you pass flag you down or ask you your business. One gives you a sort of annoyed glare but that's it. He must want to be on vacation as well.

Even in the train car you don't break character, though you do quiet down. Esme spends the trip reading a novel and occasionally speaking with you about plans for hiking. Its not exactly coded speech but you can pick up the meaning behind otherwise casual conversation. "We'll camp this evening and then walk that old trail we used to in the morning. Less chance of running into any bears that way". That sort of thing. You mostly nod your way through it, since you're not certain how blatant or circumspect your words should be.  You start to wonder about the exact nature of the "Watchers" you've heard about. Can one really be "sitting" here in a moving train car, listening in?  You'll have to ask her about it later.

The path to the mountains is not a straight one; the train meanders back and forth, climbing the foothills and stopping at various small towns along the way. You even cross an enormous valley at one point, spanned only by the silver spiderweb of the rail bridge. You look at the great drop to the river at its bottom and wonder about the people that built the bridge. When you filter out the memories you've taken and view things through only your eyes, the world seems strange. Roads and rails and bridges spanning hundreds of miles: they seem impossible to be the work of men. They would take too long, too much effort, too many resources. Its like saying that men made these mountains; you have a hard time believing that so many could focus such effort towards a united goal. The men in your head seem to take it for granted though. Thinking about it makes you feel solipsistic, as through you cannot trust the world to be true.

You get dragged back out of your existential malaise when Esme finally closes her book and starts picking up her luggage. You follow her without asking anything: obviously you would know this station right? Its the one near where you grew up. The hike up into the mountains takes several hours, by the time Esme finally drops her pack and begins setting up her tent in a clearing the only light is from the moon. You follow her lead, start a fire, and set up your own tent. Only after doing this and then sitting in silence for a long time does she finally start speaking normally.

"I'd think that if anyone was watching us they'd be bored by now." She pokes the fire with a stick.  "So. Our goal is about  2 miles north of here; a cliff that overlooks the road into that prison and the checkpoint. We can spend tomorrow observing their routes and such, then send in your spy on the third day.  Sound good?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: April 20, 2020, 10:22:03 am »

Yes

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1183 on: April 20, 2020, 12:11:35 pm »

Ask about watchers, both of the mundane and the magical kind, so that we better know how to behave in these sort of situations. Where are they usually located? Do they watch areas or people? Are there ways to spot them or evade them? What sort of restrictions do they have? Stuff like that.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 20, 2020, 12:31:16 pm »

Ask about watchers, both of the mundane and the magical kind, so that we better know how to behave in these sort of situations. Where are they usually located? Do they watch areas or people? Are there ways to spot them or evade them? What sort of restrictions do they have? Stuff like that.

Sounds good, also +1
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 94