Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding Antmen camps possible? + Misc Qs  (Read 613 times)

Meiun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding Antmen camps possible? + Misc Qs
« on: February 23, 2019, 01:37:41 pm »

Is it possible to either allow Antmen and other animal people who kind of gather in small tribes to start with or build small buildings and/or fortifications? Without giving them their own sites so they still show up when you mine down.

As they are they seem to get wiped out by cave life too easy and all it takes is a cave spider slapping an ant Queen and rip their presence in the caves.

Beyond that does something with a constant temp like towercap but with vastly reduced temperature cool the area around it?

Can materials themselves be made to carry and cause syndromes rather than spattering them with syndrome causing materials?eg a spear made from xyz material will cause some kind of envenomation?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 01:44:13 pm by Meiun »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Antmen camps possible? + Misc Qs
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 02:15:21 pm »

Is it possible to either allow Antmen and other animal people who kind of gather in small tribes to start with or build small buildings and/or fortifications? Without giving them their own sites so they still show up when you mine down.
No. At best you could have them appear as part of both a subterranean animal tribe entity and a dwarf-like entity.

Beyond that does something with a constant temp like towercap but with vastly reduced temperature cool the area around it?
I... actually don't know. Probably not, though.

Can materials themselves be made to carry and cause syndromes rather than spattering them with syndrome causing materials?eg a spear made from xyz material will cause some kind of envenomation?
They can, but due to how DF currently work solids can't spread syndromes IIRC.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?