Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dark One's Stuff  (Read 1512 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Dark One's Stuff
« on: February 23, 2019, 02:45:19 pm »

The last half of the previous year was a really tough time, but I feel that things finaly move in a different direction. Everything's getting better and I feel my motivation flowing back. After shutting down all my stuff related with RTD games, I decided to make a thread where I'll post random things that I'm working on.

I'm working on a video game with another development studio. 3759 - dubbed by its main developer a Doom 3 standalone mod, the thing is actually a completely standalone game that only has the engine in common with it. I'm working mostly as a 3D modeller, but I'm also doing engine related things and I'm able to create all kinds of required assets.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've also made a new simple model for a project that I'm not going to fully reveal right now.

I've also coded a pretty simplistic dungeon crawler text game in C++ called Knights and Demons. You descend down an endless dungeon and your goal is to collect as much gold as possible before you'll be killed or get bored of it. There are only six enemies in it. I'll upload it to this thread once I'll translate it to english. I'm thinking about improving it some day and adding many more features.

And the last thing for today. I picked up a bass guitar a while ago and it quickly turned into one of my many great passions. The last video that I recorded is of rather low quality and I could've plyed it better, but I'm still quite proud of it. Since then, I moved on to harder and more demanding stuff, and managed to learn the bass solo of Metallica's Orion, and play it on a decent enough level!

My bass cover of the interlude and guitar solo from Metallica's To live is To Die.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 02:48:18 pm by Dark One »

mapacible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark One's Stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 01:12:33 am »

Wow you are multi talented! Can't wait to see more!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Dark One's Stuff
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 11:42:23 am »

Thanks!

Here's the release of the proof of concept text game that I've mentioned. Knights and Demons The release contains source code and precompiled windows binary. The comments placed in the code weren't translated yet, but the game itself is.