Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228]

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447105 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3405 on: May 27, 2019, 03:15:55 pm »

As part of the continuing day of the purge, I am ending 888th. Unfortunate, I know. Ironically this thing spawned from the failure of dig 1, and now we have a dig 2 so...I guess it played its part!  Sorry Sy, I know you really enjoyed this game. Once again I disappoint.

Well, as a parting gift, allow me to explain something thats been going on in the background. Remember that Halloween event? At one point Tiruin looked down at a bunch of mechanics who had submachine guns and the response she got to her examination was that they were thinly disguised german spies.

This was true and they have been actively causing trouble sense; hence all the increased trouble and the actions of the Storm Tower.

The storm tower, by the way, was the name for the nazi project to use an Ala, a Serbian storm demon they uncovered. They fed it human organs and it powered tech and give people super powers.  The visions of a valley were of where it was resting in physical form.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3406 on: May 27, 2019, 03:29:27 pm »

I was asked to do an epilogue for you guys and I think that's only fair.

Those who would like to be included please post your sheet and what your desires to do in and after the war are.

Cheesy Honkers

• Bay Watcher
  • eat the rich
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE
« Reply #3407 on: May 27, 2019, 03:35:48 pm »

I would firstly grow my leg back and launch a successful career in disco music some fifty years after the war. But until then, I shall collect cocks of the fallen.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: May 27, 2019, 03:40:56 pm »

Keep fighting in the war, getting myself into a number of splapstick/romantic comedy highjinks along the way.
Go back to Brazil and kill Secret Baby Clone Hitler.
Run away with Alice (Or a busty German spy who defected for love) to live in a rustic cottage in the south of France, raising Secret Nicer Infant Clone Hitler (Who I treasonously smuggled out of Brazil, because he seemed nice) in the hopes he won’t turn out evil.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 03:45:39 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #3409 on: May 27, 2019, 05:47:47 pm »

Go have a nice, long life where nobody shoots at me. If someone does shoot at me, shoot back.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: May 27, 2019, 05:50:26 pm »

I don't care about the epilogue, but Ed and Radio were planning to develop a tabloid magazine. Something like the Weekly World News.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: May 28, 2019, 12:46:18 am »

Epilogue: Denver will atttempt to stay in the 888th, move into spec ops, or just go mercenary.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: May 28, 2019, 09:18:15 am »

Awwww, I stop watching 888th for two weeks, and it dies on me.  I feel so guilty.  ;-;

Well.  Simon is a bloodthirsty bastard who loves violence, and firmly believes he's literally immortal, due to some combination of luck, destiny, and skill.  He'd be pissed off at the war ending, because it means he can't keep killing people, so he'd get out of the military in some manner and try to find some other war to fight in, and would probably continue doing that until he dies.  When he can't fight in a war, he'll find some other occupation that lets him kill people, like being an assassin or something.  It might also be relevant to mention that Simon is fairly intelligent, it's just not generally apparent due to his happily irreverant attitude.  And... y'know, his generally psychotic actions.

This is a little selfish, but for awhile me and the IRC crew have joked about how Simon is the same character I was playing in a dfferent forum game, just a good eighty years younger.  That character was a very old schizophrenic man, who claimed to have been in virtually every war since WWII, and presumably had some brand of weak immortality.  I'll... be happy if that isn't rendered completely impossible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: May 30, 2019, 08:19:04 am »

I am already a radio. What other goals or desires could I possibly have?

Just do my part in the war I suppose, then retire to go run that tabloid magazine with Ed.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3414 on: June 14, 2019, 02:51:25 pm »

I would firstly grow my leg back and launch a successful career in disco music some fifty years after the war. But until then, I shall collect cocks of the fallen.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
[1]
Franek collects many dicks over the course of his continuing misadventures. However his hunger for dicks results in his downfall as his public exhibition entitled "Look at this literal swimming pool of dicks I have", ends with him falling in and drowning in cocks.

He was remembered with a giant phallic statue tombstone and a brass marker that read
"Here lies Franek Kimono, penis enthusiast, who died doing what he loved."

Keep fighting in the war, getting myself into a number of splapstick/romantic comedy highjinks along the way.
Go back to Brazil and kill Secret Baby Clone Hitler.
Run away with Alice (Or a busty German spy who defected for love) to live in a rustic cottage in the south of France, raising Secret Nicer Infant Clone Hitler (Who I treasonously smuggled out of Brazil, because he seemed nice) in the hopes he won’t turn out evil.

Go have a nice, long life where nobody shoots at me. If someone does shoot at me, shoot back.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Carolina and Alice elope sometime in the late 50's, disappearing into the countryside of rural France. Some say they are out there to this day, making baguettes at a little pastry shop. Others say that Alice eventually got tired of the idllyic life and started doing Columbian drug running in a crop duster.  We may never know.

I am already a radio. What other goals or desires could I possibly have?

Just do my part in the war I suppose, then retire to go run that tabloid magazine with Ed.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
[4]
Ed and Radio become the first "Shock Jocks", performing high energy, and highly questionable radio broadcasts shortly after the end of the war.  They never reach grand levels of fame but they are highly influential in their own way and inspire a generation of similar gossip mongers and misinformation salesmen before they both vanish into the Antarctic on a quest to get nude pictures of the yeti.

Epilogue: Denver will atttempt to stay in the 888th, move into spec ops, or just go mercenary.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
[1]
Denver vanishes on the next mission. His ultimate fate is still unknown.

Awwww, I stop watching 888th for two weeks, and it dies on me.  I feel so guilty.  ;-;

Well.  Simon is a bloodthirsty bastard who loves violence, and firmly believes he's literally immortal, due to some combination of luck, destiny, and skill.  He'd be pissed off at the war ending, because it means he can't keep killing people, so he'd get out of the military in some manner and try to find some other war to fight in, and would probably continue doing that until he dies.  When he can't fight in a war, he'll find some other occupation that lets him kill people, like being an assassin or something.  It might also be relevant to mention that Simon is fairly intelligent, it's just not generally apparent due to his happily irreverant attitude.  And... y'know, his generally psychotic actions.

This is a little selfish, but for awhile me and the IRC crew have joked about how Simon is the same character I was playing in a dfferent forum game, just a good eighty years younger.  That character was a very old schizophrenic man, who claimed to have been in virtually every war since WWII, and presumably had some brand of weak immortality.  I'll... be happy if that isn't rendered completely impossible.

[5]
Simon is a rare breed of man. Not too dumb to stop fighting, not to unskilled to do anything else, but a simple warmonger who loves nothing else but combat.  He longs to continue to test himself against the infinite variety of the battlefield, forging himself in conquest. After the war ends Simon immediately seeks new wars, fighting as a soldier for hire in every conflict he can find. Burma, Korea, Columbia, Afghanistan, Cuba, Lebanon, God knows how many places in Africa. If there was war, there was a good chance that Simon would be there. His path is hard to trace, his history now more legend and myth than truth. He is believed to still be somewhere in the world, now 80 at least and probably older. There are still sporadic reports of him, though if they are true or just the imaginings of other soldiers, no one has been able to confirm.

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228]