Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: ARCANE FUCKERY  (Read 39317 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ARCANE FUCKERY
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2019, 06:30:32 pm »

Spoiler: Anise (click to show/hide)

Continue circling my tower looking for points of interest.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2019, 09:04:12 pm »

Name: THE WIZARD EDUS
Appearance: A tall, plain looking man with blond hair and brown eyes. He wears giant robes with lots of pockets.
Sphere: Force
Mana: 27

Worm my way out all the way and turn the vortex into a benevolent perpetual mana generating friendtex

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2019, 06:21:18 pm »

Name: Wremb
Appearance: A vaguely man-like shape surrounded by an eternal storm of blood
Sphere: Blood
Mana:10?
I attempt to create a pool of magical blood I can use to reliably summon more minions once I have a single copy of said minion. At 004.44
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2019, 09:38:11 pm »

Name: Bronan
Sphere: Musclemancy
Description: Conan the Barbarian with a small wizard hat
Mana: 33

Use the Inversal Force to Quantum fluctuate the protein shake into its alternate, opposite form!

Considering that I have no idea what i just said, make a better Protein Shake

Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2019, 09:52:29 am »

Plagueis
mana : 6
Man in green rotting robes
Sphere : disease

Spend all six mana to grant gift of plague to some random person in the world

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2019, 12:00:32 pm »

Cast Cerebrovision that extends to the land map cells adjacent to me.
Find animals and suck their nerve systems out.

Spoiler: The Reborn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:47:57 pm by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2019, 03:28:50 pm »

Name: Arcalaid
Appearance: A dark skinned woman, wearing a dull, ragged dress. A number of cloth rags are further stitched onto the dress.
Sphere: Paths
Mana: 19
Postion: 039.032

See what these Hedonists need, are they lacking in stuff like food, or materials, do they have any marauding bandits that they need taken care of. Reject the offer of casual sex that are most likely gonna be leveled my way.

Then, look ahead at the potential paths that I can take, and see which one will take me to a deposit of valuable material (Gold, Platinum, Diamonds and what not.)

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Hero Saga Setup: 96%. Other stuff Paused.
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2019, 01:52:51 am »

What's the next one. Just "General Fuckery"?
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2019, 08:44:37 pm »

Name: Lan'E
Appearance: A strange looking man with draconic eyes, a razor-edged smile, and scale-like, orange skin. Wears a long, blue robe, and the air around him thrums with psychic power.
Sphere: Knowledge
Mana: 35

Ah, that's better. Summon a somewhat "flying eyeballs on a big brain" kind of creature that has 360 vision and could project an image of me (and project my voice, even if I have to concentrate on it), so I can explore this realm without ever leaving my tower!
[-15 mana][3]
The brain thing is...well...not perfect. It comes out more as a floating eyeball, lacking any speech capacity. It can fly though, and though you cannot see through it now, linking to it should be easy enough.

Name: Sid
Appearance: Old fisherman
Sphere: Water and Corpses (Skull of Cybernecromancy)
Mana: 35

Command the head of an anime human to rise from its grave (at advantage)! Oh, but make sure the name on the gave is not DIO. I just want to question it about what happened here and give my skull friend someone to talk to. I don't want it wryyyyying and trying to steal my body.
You select a grave marked "The Hero". Standard and generic, should be easily controlled or if not, easily predicted.
[-7 mana][1,2]
You point the skull at the ground and send out necromantic energy. Then you wait a while until it becomes obvious that nothing is happening.

Name: GLOBOR THE GLOB
Appearance: A clockwork guy with a hat made of space dust
Sphere: Clockworks
Mana: 16

Now, use the materials to make a great machine, capable of converting raw material into mana! Then send forth the clockwork man to gather even more stuff for me!
[6,3]
Globor creates a grand machine using the materials he has available to him. A grand machine that makes mana out of materials. Unfortunately the machine has two major sticking points; First it needs a lot of materials in order to make mana.  Second, it needs certain materials.

Living materials.

The clockwork men return with a small amount of ore.

Spoiler: Duhuin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

Duhuin The Easibily Excitable decides to return to his tower to turn the top of it into a garden.

[5] Duhuin's tower garden turns out amazingly well. No simple thing, it becomes a variable hanging gardens of Babylon, with all manner of plants and even some animals in neat but also picturesque arrangements.

Name: Arsholl
Appearance: Shortish anime human with very long green hair which forms giant curls.
Sphere: EXSUPLOSIONS!
Mana: 29

"No good!" Arsholl whines. "Need anime humans to enslave and force to hold my hand! What's the point of godlike power without people to abuse it on?"
She puts her finger to her lips in a contemplative gesture. "I would settle for lizard people or something. Hehe, cute lizards."

Create at advantage a explosion elemental explosion extractor, or E4. This is a tick sort of thing made of explosions which seeks out explosive resources like sulphur and methane and gobbles them up, thus exploding hard enough to reproduce via mitosis. The two E4s will then move on to find more explosive resources, create more E4s, and so on.

Forbid them from leaving my tower's hex for now, see how many I end up with absorbing all the resources here.

Three turns in and Egan is trying to gray goo us. Well, napalm goo us.

[-21 mana][6]
The thing that gets made isn't really tick so much as its a small sun crossed with a long leg spider.  It walks away with an odd etheral grace, as though it floats and is just gently pushing itself forward with its legs. The ground under it cooks and melts as it goes and bits of material get sucked up into it, forming spiraling saturn like belts of material that occasionally collapse down into the main body. A few minutes later, after it has walked off and vanished into the forest in 44,17 despite your vehement protests, there is the sound of a distant explosion  and a great rising cloud of smoke.

[+1 mana generation per turn]

You know, 96,31 is probably a better forest to make into a woodcutter village anyway.

Break the chunk of anti-entropy for mana.  Try to make 96,31 into a village at advantage.  Then explore a few spaces north of my tower left unexplored.. 96,30, a sea hex at 95,29, 95,30 94,31 and the lake at 95,31.

+16 mana, total 31.
[-23][1]
Henry makes a village. He makes a village of wood loving, tree hugging, berry nuzzling, fern fellating, root romancing, angry fucking elves.  They hate industry, they hate technology, they beat people who come into the woods to death with rocks and then they eat them.  Henry quickly backpedals away from that entire mess. At 96.30 Henry discovers a whole fishing village of what might be cousins of the anime humans. They're pretty...normal. Just like...humans? The only vestiges of their old bloodline are a habit of dramatically reacting to minor things and occasionally manifesting speedlines.

Name: Drycst
Appearance: A guy wearing a long black cloak that conveniently completely obscures all bodily features.
Sphere: Earth
Mana: 57

Drycst continues meditating.
[5]
Drycst gets some really good fugging meditating done today
+21 mana.

Make sure my elephant gun is loaded then explore the area to the south of my tower.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Directly to the south of his tower Dr.bob discovers a temple city filled with Elephant monks! They are peaceful giants but they do look at his gun suspiciously.

Name: Pruina
Appearance: A fair-skinned female in a cyan robe, constantly surrounded by the glitter of the snow and ice crystals that orbit her, unmelting.
Sphere: Ice
Mana: 25

Pruina walks down the frozen river, looking for anything interesting. As she walks, she creates and enchants a card that can be deployed to empower summoning magic used by the caster.
I'm not sure I understand what that card will do? Give a bonus on a summoning spell? Give a stat boost to a summoned creature?

You walk down to 13,17 and discover the ruins of an old city squatting on the shoreline.

Name:Marl
Appearance:A bearded human in a green hooded cloak carrying a staff. Accompanied by a juvenile Allosaurus named George.
Sphere:Dinosaurs.
Mana:26

I shall call him...George.

Resurrect the lizard people skeletons on my island.
Error, outside of sphere.

Name: Khor'Kal the Mossy
Appearance: A white serpent with feathered wing-arms, one of which and one eye is cybernetic. Wears a headdress of living and ever mutating plants.
Sphere: Plants
Mana: 20

Tame one of the rosewyrms to ride. Nod in satisfaction that I'm a good mage.
[6]
Khor' gets on one of the rosewyrms. Its not exactly tame though, so it just kind of bucks and wriggles and together the two of them bounce along to the nearby shore.

Spoiler: it me atrimian (click to show/hide)

That... doesn't look fun. I'll return to my tower and try and eke out some extra mana for this turn.
[4]
+5 mana.

Spoiler: Anise (click to show/hide)

Continue circling my tower looking for points of interest.
At 6,5 you find a giant statue of a horse.

You're not sure why its there but it sure is a giant statue of a horse. A kinda...frightening giant statue of a horse.

Appearance: A tall, plain looking man with blond hair and brown eyes. He wears giant robes with lots of pockets.

Worm my way out all the way and turn the vortex into a benevolent perpetual mana generating friendtex

[-26 mana][1]
The vortex eats all of wizard Edus' mana and then becomes sapient. It spends the rest of the turn slapping Wizard Edus and calling him a pansy before sitting on him extra hard.

Name: Wremb
Appearance: A vaguely man-like shape surrounded by an eternal storm of blood
Sphere: Blood
Mana:10?
I attempt to create a pool of magical blood I can use to reliably summon more minions once I have a single copy of said minion. At 004.44
Bold actions please.
[14]
Error, not enough mana.

Name: Bronan
Sphere: Musclemancy
Description: Conan the Barbarian with a small wizard hat
Mana: 33

Use the Inversal Force to Quantum fluctuate the protein shake into its alternate, opposite form!

Considering that I have no idea what i just said, make a better Protein Shake

[5]
Bronan spins the protein shakes around so fast that they reverse and become good shakes!  It worked for superman with time, so no reason it can't work for you with protein!

Plagueis
mana : 6
Man in green rotting robes
Sphere : disease

Spend all six mana to grant gift of plague to some random person in the world
-6 mana [5]
You give ebola to some random person in the world! TAKE THAT!
[+1 mana for 4 turns as illness spreads]

Cast Cerebrovision that extends to the land map cells adjacent to me.
Find animals and suck their nerve systems out.

Spoiler: The Reborn (click to show/hide)
[34] Error not enough mana.

Name: Arcalaid
Appearance: A dark skinned woman, wearing a dull, ragged dress. A number of cloth rags are further stitched onto the dress.
Sphere: Paths
Mana: 19
Postion: 039.032

See what these Hedonists need, are they lacking in stuff like food, or materials, do they have any marauding bandits that they need taken care of. Reject the offer of casual sex that are most likely gonna be leveled my way.

Then, look ahead at the potential paths that I can take, and see which one will take me to a deposit of valuable material (Gold, Platinum, Diamonds and what not.)

You turn down casual sex, veteran sex, journeyman sex and a sex apprenticeship.

The hedonists do say that they could use more cocaine. They get it from a kingdom up north but the road there is dangerous and its been a while since they've had a shipment.

[-2 mana][5]

Hmmmm. Mountains up in the 43's seem to have mines in them with gold and such.

What's the next one. Just "General Fuckery"?
Nah, architectural fuckery, a side on Dwarf Fortress style game.

https://i.imgur.com/PbvL96w.png

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2019, 09:02:30 pm »

Didn't I roll that at advantage?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2019, 09:12:30 pm »

You did indeed, I just forgot to do [1,1] instead of [1]

Everyone gets 5 mana by the way.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2019, 09:20:45 pm »

Name: Arsholl
Appearance: Shortish anime human with very long green hair which forms giant curls.
Sphere: EXSUPLOSIONS!
Mana: 14
+1 Mana per turn

"Huh. Well, that'll sort itself out eventually."

Put up some new signs in the charred surrounds of my tower which go into more detail explaining that while I'll enthusiastically accept offers of casual sex and/or handholding, strangers trespassing on my property will be gibbed and subsequently used for pleasure time.

Also monitor the situation to the north, of course. From waaaaaaaay over here.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 12:13:31 am by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2019, 09:32:09 pm »

Well, two spells, three ones.  Sigh.

Find out what the people in the sea town desire.  Then, proceed a hex southwest, explore it, and summon a d4 construction unit, an engineer or something.  If I get a 1 and get someone who wants to destroy all my works, go attack the elf village that is something I made with that unit.  If I fail to get anything, just try to recover mana by making a painting of this lovely hilly forest seaside region with something I wish I could create, a railway moving upon that backdrop.  If I get a usable engineer, proceed south from there to the wrecked arachnid vessel, and do a fuller survey of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 11:06:47 pm by Devastator »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2019, 09:46:24 pm »

Name: GLOBOR THE GLOB
Appearance: A clockwork guy with a hat made of space dust
Sphere: Clockworks
Mana: 16

Now, use the materials to make a great machine, capable of converting raw material into mana! Then send forth the clockwork man to gather even more stuff for me!

Hmm, this...is acceptable, equip the clockwork man with weapons and armor using magic before sending them out to capture fish and crustaceans.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2019, 10:21:55 pm »

Name: Pruina
Appearance: A fair-skinned female in a cyan robe, constantly surrounded by the glitter of the snow and ice crystals that orbit her, unmelting.
Sphere: Ice
Mana: 30

((The card is the setup to a joke I shall someday use))

Pruina explores the ruined city.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19