Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: ARCANE FUCKERY  (Read 39346 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: ARCANE FUCKERY
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2019, 02:34:54 pm »

Name: Arsholl
Appearance: Shortish anime human with very long green hair which forms giant curls.
Sphere: EXSUPLOSIONS!
Mana: 14
+1 Mana per turn

"Huh. Well, that'll sort itself out eventually."

Put up some new signs in the charred surrounds of my tower which go into more detail explaining that while I'll enthusiastically accept offers of casual sex and/or handholding, strangers trespassing on my property will be gibbed and subsequently used for pleasure time.

Also monitor the situation to the north, of course. From waaaaaaaay over here.

Arsholl sets up the signs with great gusto. Even includes some nice diagrams of that last part.

Meanwhile to the north the explosion replicator is apparently still at work because those blasts are starting to get more common. Ah, and the forest fires are growing as well.
[+1 additional mana per turn]

Well, two spells, three ones.  Sigh.

Find out what the people in the sea town desire.  Then, proceed a hex southwest, explore it, and summon a d4 construction unit, an engineer or something.  If I get a 1 and get someone who wants to destroy all my works, go attack the elf village that is something I made with that unit.  If I fail to get anything, just try to recover mana by making a painting of this lovely hilly forest seaside region with something I wish I could create, a railway moving upon that backdrop.  If I get a usable engineer, proceed south from there to the wrecked arachnid vessel, and do a fuller survey of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The people in the sea town desire  the following
1. For sempai to notice them. The fail to explain further and just either blush or yell "Baka" at you. No one explains what that means either.
2. More wood and supplies to expand their town
3. A good fishing harvest this year.
[-7 mana][3]

You manage to summon a single menial worker.
[6]
Exploration of the craft uncovers a giant spider war-machine. It is, as of right now, inactive. However it seems to be completely functional and simply in some sort of dormant state.

Name: GLOBOR THE GLOB
Appearance: A clockwork guy with a hat made of space dust
Sphere: Clockworks
Mana: 16

Now, use the materials to make a great machine, capable of converting raw material into mana! Then send forth the clockwork man to gather even more stuff for me!

Hmm, this...is acceptable, equip the clockwork man with weapons and armor using magic before sending them out to capture fish and crustaceans.
[-7 mana][2]
Your spell results in dull swords and comically tiny clubs so the clockwork men just go out to do battle with random sea creatures on their own.

[3v2][1v2][1v2]

Two of the clockwork men return, mildly damaged and lacking any seafood. The third however returns with armloads of crabs, lobsters, fish and eels.

Name: Pruina
Appearance: A fair-skinned female in a cyan robe, constantly surrounded by the glitter of the snow and ice crystals that orbit her, unmelting.
Sphere: Ice
Mana: 30

((The card is the setup to a joke I shall someday use))

Pruina explores the ruined city.
[5]
From the ruins Pruina discovers a tome of greater curses, which grants its holder control over Blood and Viscera. The information inside links it to a necromancer king, though it doesn't state which one.

Hide the gun in my coat and talk to the elephant men, see what their city's like and what god they worship.
Dr. Bob carefully hides the gun and then tours the city. Its quite a nice place, though sort of ruined in a way. The buildings are all giant ancient temples that seem to have been overgrown. Sort of an Angkor Wat, if he had any idea what that is. The god they worship is apparently named Manor, who they say is benevolent and protective, if somewhat clumsy.

Name: Drycst
Appearance: A guy wearing a long black cloak that conveniently completely obscures all bodily features.
Sphere: Earth
Mana: 83

Drycst does even more meditation.

By the way, it says using 1.5 of the mana needed to do something gives an advantage, but would using 2 of the cost provide another advantage, and so on?
((I have no rule for that, but if you wanted another advantage it would be more like 3x than 2))
(2)
Drycst gets distracted this turn and spends it chasing a cool bug.

Name:Marl
Appearance:A bearded human in a green hooded cloak carrying a staff. Accompanied by a juvenile Allosaurus named George.
Sphere:Dinosaurs.
Mana:31

Learn spells to control dinosaurs.
[6]
Marl thinks he's figured out a good spell to make dinosaurs listen to his commands.

Name: Bronan
Sphere: Musclemancy
Description: Conan the Barbarian with a small wizard hat
Mana: 37

FUCK YEAH! Look for something to bench after drinking my ULTIMATE PROTEIN SHAKE
[2,6] advantage
Bronan runs over to 85.37 and proceeds to lift a mountain over his head. A whole mountain. Its very impressive, though the really big question is how he managed to actually get under it to lift it.

Name: Khor'Kal the Mossy
Appearance: A white serpent with feathered wing-arms, one of which and one eye is cybernetic. Wears a headdress of living and ever mutating plants.
Sphere: Plants
Mana: 25
Notes: Riding a rosewyrm. Not a very tame rosewyrm.

Explore the forested hills on my new friend.
[6] Repeated thwacks upside the stamen manage to get the wyrm to behave well enough that it "Explores" the hills. By which I mean it rampages though the hills, knocks them flat, tears up the forest and then eats several wood cutters.

Spoiler: Duhuin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

Duhuin The Gardener will make some tea with cookies to relax and heal his injures.

[4]
The cookies are ok, but the tea is quite nice and Duhuin feels better about his situation and his physical state.

Plagueis
sphere : disease
Mana : 7 (+1 For disease fairy, + 1 for ebola spreading and + 5 because all get +5)

Spend all 7 mana in attempt to gift random person in closest civilization zombie plague

-7 mana
[4]
A random person in a nearby civilization has been given a disease that will reanimate them when they die. Unfortunately it seems like that disease won't kill them or at least hasn't yet.

I'll try and create another fleshbuddy, capable of simple labor.
[8][6]
You create a duplicate of yourself. It has none of your powers but it looks just like you. It keeps making distressing sexual advances and saying stuff about "Ah, my own clone!"

Fuck it, then. Hunt various creatures without magic, thus gaining mana from succing their nerve cells.

Spoiler: The Reborn (click to show/hide)

[2]
If there is a god or gods looking over this realm, they most assuredly have no love for the poor nerve sucker.

Name: THE WIZARD EDUS
Appearance: A tall, plain looking man with blond hair and brown eyes. He wears giant robes with lots of pockets.
Sphere: Force
Mana: 5

Dear Christ. "Can't we talk this out like rational adults?"
Nonmagically negotiate the thing into being my friend.

[5]
A calm application of guilt and reason results in the sapient vortex getting off of you and sheepishly apologizing.

Name: Sid
Appearance: Old fisherman
Sphere: Water and Corpses (Skull of Cybernecromancy)
Mana: 33

"Hmm. Maybe they don't actually put any bodies in those graves? Or maybe there wasn't any body left to put in there?"

Look around the graveyard. Does it look like there's someone tending to it or is it a thing that was made a long time ago after some great battle and has since been left unattended?

If there are signs of recent activity, then try to follow them to their source.

If there aren't, find another grave and try raising that corpse at advantage.

It seems long abandoned. Its all artfully overgrown with ivy and flowers and such.

[6+3] -9 mana
[6,4]
You raise one of the other bodies and it comes out as a skeleton with weirdly spiky purple hair and bizarrely huge eye sockets.  It keeps posing and trying to talk but has no lungs or voicebox so its completely silent. There are subtitles but they're in spanish and comic sans.

Name: Lan'E
Appearance: A strange looking man with draconic eyes, a razor-edged smile, and scale-like, orange skin. Wears a long, blue robe, and the air around him thrums with psychic power.
Sphere: Knowledge
Mana: 25

Commence Psychic Link (with my E-Z Explorer, duh)
[2,3]
You establish a weak psychic link with the thing, but it could definitely be better.

+4 mana for everyone this time.

https://i.imgur.com/R0ucdHn.png

Edit: SNEAKING IN LATE

Name: Arcalaid
Appearance: A dark skinned woman, wearing a dull, ragged dress. A number of cloth rags are further stitched onto the dress.
Sphere: Paths
Mana: 21
Postion: 039.032

Dangers on the road? Easy peasy. Ask for a down payment of 20 mana in exchange for me to find what's causing the issue and getting rid of it. Then scry out the route to find out whose stopping the caravans and cast a spell to force the monster and/or monsters to cause the next path they take to lead them to the nearby anime human village.

"What is mana? We don't do magic round here. Just cocaine and each other. "

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2019, 02:59:22 pm »

Name: Pruina
Appearance: A fair-skinned female in a cyan robe, constantly surrounded by the glitter of the snow and ice crystals that orbit her, unmelting.
Sphere: Ice
Mana: 34

Pruina reads the shit out of that tome.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2019, 03:25:22 pm »

Name: Arsholl
Appearance: Shortish anime human with very long green hair which forms giant curls.
Sphere: EXSUPLOSIONS!
Mana: 20
+2 Mana per turn

"More mana. Yup, this was definitely a great idea."

Welp. Better go track down my grey goo experiment and impose some laws of robotics on it.
If I find an explosion elemental this turn, cast a spell on it altering its behavior as so:

Do not explode anything south of 017 latitude.
If you get lost, do not explode anything until you find your bearings.

If you find an area of interest, do not explode it, and return to my tower st once to report its location to me.
Areas of interest are defined as follows:
Places inhabited by sapient creatures. Ruins. Non-combustable strategic resources. A wizard. Anything clearly a product of Arcane Fuckery.

If you spend more than 2 months in the field without replicating, return to my tower at once for instructions.

If the spell would cost 2d10 or less, roll at advantage. Otherwise, roll normally.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2019, 03:28:46 pm »

(+4 instead of +5.)

Send the menial worker to the seaside village to try to help with the work for resources or boat bulding or such.  Permission is granted for any senpai related shenanigans.

Salvage a weapon from the spider war-machine, instead of reanimating the whole thing.  Success or fail, head to the elf village and attack it.

Send five mana to Plageus.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 07:53:22 pm by Devastator »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2019, 03:37:29 pm »

Name: GLOBOR THE GLOB
Appearance: A clockwork guy with a hat made of space dust
Sphere: Clockworks
Mana: 16-7+4=13

Send the clockwork man to scour for ruins and artifacts, meanwhile put the sea life in the machine and make some more mana

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2019, 04:00:43 pm »

Name: Bronan
Sphere: Biomancy
Appearance: Conan the Barbarian with a tiny wizard hat
Mana: 42 (MEANING OF LIFE)

Spend 3 mana on creating more protein shakes. The. Go exploring my surroundings.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2019, 04:24:07 pm »

Spoiler: Duhuin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

Now recovered Duhuin The magnificent will explore 019.030.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 06:36:04 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2019, 06:18:09 pm »

Name: Sid
Appearance: Old fisherman
Sphere: Water and Corpses (Skull of Cybernecromancy)
Mana: 28
Note: Spiky purple hair skeleton friend

((I love it. I hope it starts speaking Japanese to further add to the confusion.))

"One moment friend, I'll give you something to make up for your lack of skin."

Give the skeleton magical flesh made out of water (flesh is mostly a sack full of water anyway). Try to guess the appropriate gender for the body from the name and shape of the grave and the skeleton's characteristics. If I can't tell, go with female.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2019, 10:41:47 pm »

Name:Marl
Appearance:A bearded human in a green hooded cloak carrying a staff. Accompanied by a juvenile Allosaurus named George.
Sphere:Dinosaurs.
Mana:35

Play with my Allosaurus, and give it a bit of combat training.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 11:00:19 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2019, 05:11:20 am »

Try to get one of the elephant men to join me on my adventures, then look for some abandoned building that has no one in it and see if it has any loot.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2019, 07:43:25 am »

Name: Drycst
Appearance: A guy wearing a long black cloak that conveniently completely obscures all bodily features.
Sphere: Earth
Mana: 87

Drycst creates a mana generator fueled by the resources it gains from constantly digging into the ground. He spends the extra mana needed for an advantage.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2019, 07:50:02 am »

Dump all possible mana into sending highly lethal disease to explosion elementals

Plagueis
Description : Man in rotten green robes
Mana : 7
Sphere : disease

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2019, 09:04:54 am »

Dump all possible mana into sending highly lethal disease to explosion elementals

Plagueis
Description : Man in rotten green robes
Mana : 7
Sphere : disease

If this kind of targeting is somehow possible, cancel above action and instead spend 20 mana gibbing Plagueis with an explosion.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2019, 09:02:50 pm »

Name: Khor'Kal the Mossy
Appearance: A white serpent with feathered wing-arms, one of which and one eye is cybernetic. Wears a headdress of living and ever mutating plants.
Sphere: Plants
Mana: 29
Notes: Riding a rosewyrm. Not a very tame rosewyrm.

"Woodcutters mean civilization!"

Try to track down the source of these delicious treats. Attempt to prevent the rosewyrm from eating them on the way.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2019, 03:00:13 pm »

Spoiler: Anise (click to show/hide)

Huh. A statue, magnificant and isolated. There was life here, once. And so there was death, too. I wonder...

Cast a spell to learn about any beings who died here - are there many? What were they? How did they die, and how did they live? Do their spirits linger on?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19