Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: ARCANE FUCKERY  (Read 39276 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: ARCANE FUCKERY
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2019, 04:23:59 pm »

Did that use mana? I don't see a cost there...

Spoiler: Atrimian (click to show/hide)

Along with fleshfriend and Sexclone, I'll try and build a simple stone wall around my tower. Nothing special or magical.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2019, 05:08:08 pm »

Name: Lan'E
Appearance: A strange looking man with draconic eyes, a razor-edged smile, and scale-like, orange skin. Wears a long, blue robe, and the air around him thrums with psychic power.
Sphere: Knowledge
Mana: 29

Personally meditate to strengthen the link between my EZ Explorer and I. Send the EZ Explorer out along the peninsula to, well, explore.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2019, 12:23:22 am »

Name: THE WIZARD EDUS
Appearance: A tall, plain looking man with blond hair and brown eyes. He wears giant robes with lots of pockets.
Sphere: Force
Mana: 9

"Hey man, it's OK. Misunderstandings happen. Friends?" I'm gonna offer to take this vortex along on my adventures.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2019, 06:56:01 am »

Fuck it, just explore the tiles near my lair. Maybe I'll find some sapient humanoid n shit to consume into mana.

Spoiler: The Reborn (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2019, 07:34:06 pm »

Name: Pruina
Appearance: A fair-skinned female in a cyan robe, constantly surrounded by the glitter of the snow and ice crystals that orbit her, unmelting.
Sphere: Ice
Mana: 34

Pruina reads the shit out of that tome.
Pruina reads the book on Blood and Viscera. The book is mostly incomprehensible script with some rather distressing diagrams, but just holding it gives her the power it contains within.

(Ie you don't need to read it to be able to control Blood and Viscera)

Name: Arsholl
Appearance: Shortish anime human with very long green hair which forms giant curls.
Sphere: EXSUPLOSIONS!
Mana: 20
+2 Mana per turn

"More mana. Yup, this was definitely a great idea."

Welp. Better go track down my grey goo experiment and impose some laws of robotics on it.
If I find an explosion elemental this turn, cast a spell on it altering its behavior as so:

Do not explode anything south of 017 latitude.
If you get lost, do not explode anything until you find your bearings.

If you find an area of interest, do not explode it, and return to my tower st once to report its location to me.
Areas of interest are defined as follows:
Places inhabited by sapient creatures. Ruins. Non-combustable strategic resources. A wizard. Anything clearly a product of Arcane Fuckery.

If you spend more than 2 months in the field without replicating, return to my tower at once for instructions.

If the spell would cost 2d10 or less, roll at advantage. Otherwise, roll normally.

You manage to track down one of the two existing explosion replicators.

[9+5, =14][3]
You think...some of the instructions took but you're not really sure which. Now...about that other explosion replicator.

[+3 mana per turn]

(+4 instead of +5.)

Send the menial worker to the seaside village to try to help with the work for resources or boat bulding or such.  Permission is granted for any senpai related shenanigans.

Salvage a weapon from the spider war-machine, instead of reanimating the whole thing.  Success or fail, head to the elf village and attack it.

Send five mana to Plageus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[1]
You send the menial worker to the fishing town. A few hours later you see an awful lot of smoke coming from that way. You decide to...avoid that area for a bit.

[2]
You cannot manage to separate the weapons from the war machine.

[11 14 3 vs 1 6 2]

Things finally go your way once you decide to give in to your murderous desire and start slaughtering elves in the name of industry. You raze the town and nail several elves to the trees.

You feed a shrub to their leader.

Name: GLOBOR THE GLOB
Appearance: A clockwork guy with a hat made of space dust
Sphere: Clockworks
Mana: 16-7+4=13

Send the clockwork man to scour for ruins and artifacts, meanwhile put the sea life in the machine and make some more mana
You get 3 mana from the machine.

Your clockwork men return with information about a sunken ruin to the north east. 35, 09.

Name: Bronan
Sphere: Biomancy
Appearance: Conan the Barbarian with a tiny wizard hat
Mana: 42 (MEANING OF LIFE)

Spend 3 mana on creating more protein shakes. The. Go exploring my surroundings.
[9] Error, not enough mana.

At 85, 36 Bronan discovers a mountain top city of great size, all built on and within the skull of a massive serpent, now fossilized to stone. The ribs and vertebrae encircle the mountain with buildings perched upon them or dug out within them. The people living there are believers in some sort of blood religion and seem pretty warlike. You can tell because there's a man who is declaring that the army is gonna go out and capture lesser beings to sacrifice to the god of Serpents.  Also there are a lot of slaves around here. And heads on pikes.

Spoiler: Duhuin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

Now recovered Duhuin The magnificent will explore 019.030.

19,30 contains a small marble shrine with a large sundial within.

Name: Sid
Appearance: Old fisherman
Sphere: Water and Corpses (Skull of Cybernecromancy)
Mana: 28
Note: Spiky purple hair skeleton friend

((I love it. I hope it starts speaking Japanese to further add to the confusion.))

"One moment friend, I'll give you something to make up for your lack of skin."

Give the skeleton magical flesh made out of water (flesh is mostly a sack full of water anyway). Try to guess the appropriate gender for the body from the name and shape of the grave and the skeleton's characteristics. If I can't tell, go with female.
[-8 mana][5]
You create watery flesh on the skeleton in the form of a buxom yet athletic woman.  She speaks in a watery japanese and ends every phrase with "gozaru".

The only thing you can understand is "MEGA MILKU~~~"

Name:Marl
Appearance:A bearded human in a green hooded cloak carrying a staff. Accompanied by a juvenile Allosaurus named George.
Sphere:Dinosaurs.
Mana:35

Play with my Allosaurus, and give it a bit of combat training.
[4]
The allosaurus is well trained by the end of this, but its idea of fighting is a bit unrefined and....random bitey if that makes sense.

Try to get one of the elephant men to join me on my adventures, then look for some abandoned building that has no one in it and see if it has any loot.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[5][1]
You get yourself a friend who, despite his insistence that he has a name, you nickname "Dumbo the Super Elephant" and then lead him off into the wilderness where you both get hideously lost.

Name: Drycst
Appearance: A guy wearing a long black cloak that conveniently completely obscures all bodily features.
Sphere: Earth
Mana: 87

Drycst creates a mana generator fueled by the resources it gains from constantly digging into the ground. He spends the extra mana needed for an advantage.
[49+24 = - 73 mana] [1,6]

Drycst attempts to create a mana generator that drains mana from digging into the earth. However things go a bit too well when he accidentally opens up an infinite pit that swallows up several square miles of land and appears to lead to some sort of swirling cosmic void of magical power.

[+10 mana per turn for being in control of the mana vortex]

Dump all possible mana into sending highly lethal disease to explosion elementals

Plagueis
Description : Man in rotten green robes
Mana : 7
Sphere : disease
[23]
Error, not enough mana.

Name: Khor'Kal the Mossy
Appearance: A white serpent with feathered wing-arms, one of which and one eye is cybernetic. Wears a headdress of living and ever mutating plants.
Sphere: Plants
Notes: Riding a rosewyrm. Not a very tame rosewyrm.

"Woodcutters mean civilization!"

Try to track down the source of these delicious treats. Attempt to prevent the rosewyrm from eating them on the way.
You follow the screams back to their source, a wood cutting village and saw mill up in the foothills of 18, 16.

Its interesting to see a bunch of lumberjacks suddenly regret their entire profession when the trees apparently come back for their revenge.

Spoiler: Anise (click to show/hide)

Huh. A statue, magnificant and isolated. There was life here, once. And so there was death, too. I wonder...

Cast a spell to learn about any beings who died here - are there many? What were they? How did they die, and how did they live? Do their spirits linger on?
-1 mana
[3]
Hmm whoever they were they're all dead now. And apparently this horse killed them.

Did that use mana? I don't see a cost there...

Spoiler: Atrimian (click to show/hide)

Along with fleshfriend and Sexclone, I'll try and build a simple stone wall around my tower. Nothing special or magical.
-6 mana for that I think.

[6]
You build a wall. A great wall. No one could get over it unless they have like a ladder or something. But its gonna keep out all the bad Hombres. Yeah yeah we all get the joke.

The sex clone gets a red hat that says "Make incestous masturbation great again"

Name: Lan'E
Appearance: A strange looking man with draconic eyes, a razor-edged smile, and scale-like, orange skin. Wears a long, blue robe, and the air around him thrums with psychic power.
Sphere: Knowledge

Personally meditate to strengthen the link between my EZ Explorer and I. Send the EZ Explorer out along the peninsula to, well, explore.

[2] You meditate but the explorer is ignoring you and well...exploring.  It wanders off and doesn't come back. Least not yet.

Appearance: A tall, plain looking man with blond hair and brown eyes. He wears giant robes with lots of pockets.
Mana: 9

"Hey man, it's OK. Misunderstandings happen. Friends?" I'm gonna offer to take this vortex along on my adventures.
The vortex gives you a hug and then, after it has thrown you into a tree on accident, stops and tells you that it feels a great disturbance in the magical votex overmind.

Also it will go with you on adventures.

Fuck it, just explore the tiles near my lair. Maybe I'll find some sapient humanoid n shit to consume into mana.

Spoiler: The Reborn (click to show/hide)

[1]

I don't. I.

You wanna new character man, I think this one slapped a mummy or something. I'd give it up before his luck infects you and you start like...catchign fire randomly.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2019, 07:37:55 pm »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2019, 09:33:23 pm »

Name: Pruina
Appearance: A fair-skinned female in a cyan robe, constantly surrounded by the glitter of the snow and ice crystals that orbit her, unmelting.
Sphere: Ice
Mana: 43
Notes: Holds a tome that grants the powers of Blood and Viscera to its wielder.

In the centre of the ruins, Pruina summons a large icy crystal (floating a few inches above the ground for visual effect) that will serve to turn the surrounding area into a lovely freezing wasteland.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:35:08 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2019, 09:41:31 pm »

Name: GLOBOR THE GLOB
Appearance: A clockwork guy with a hat made of space dust
Sphere: Clockworks
Mana: 16

Send them off to the ruin, but not before making a clockwork spider tank that shoots nylon webs to accompany them there.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2019, 12:23:17 am »

Send five mana to Plagueis.

Head to the low mountains of 94,31 and create a prospector team at advantage, with orders to scoot about trying to find minerals/coal/oil, etc.  Upon finding some, they should go build a mine.  Then explore my way across the bay to 91,32.

Spoiler: Henry (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 09:31:35 pm by Devastator »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2019, 02:38:32 am »

Name: Drycst
Appearance: A guy wearing a long black cloak that conveniently completely obscures all bodily features.
Sphere: Earth
Mana: 33

...Drycst continues meditating.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2019, 08:01:25 am »

Name: Sid
Appearance: Old fisherman
Sphere: Water and Corpses (Skull of Cybernecromancy)
Note: Spiky purple hair water-flesh skeleton lady-friend. Speaks Japanese with Spanish subs.

Hmm. How much to raise the entire graveyard in this manner?

Anyway, give my skeleton friend a thumbs up and keep exploring South. If the skeleton has somewhere else it prefers to go, follow it instead.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2019, 11:22:24 am »

Spoiler: Duhuin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

Duhuin the slightly dissapointed shall examine the shire and sundial. Maybe it has some magical attribute or another useful thing
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2019, 11:45:58 am »

Name: Arsholl
Appearance: Shortish anime human with very long green hair which forms giant curls.
Sphere: EXSUPLOSIONS!
Mana: 18
+3 Mana per turn

Nah, the other one will be fine. Probably an exercise in futility trying to catch them all at this point anyways.

Instead, construct a nice sturdy kayak without magic and, if successful, start rowing south down the coast starting from [043.018].

Also, assess if Wizards have some easy way in which to contact each other from a distance. That would be awfully expedient.
((Proposal: All Wizards can send mental messages to each other at any distance at a cost of 1 or 2 mana per turn. For gameplay reasons.))

((Justification: In Divine Fuckery we had a lot more planning, politics, and bants because it's justified for neigh-omniscient deities to be able to chatter at each other no matter the distance or circumstances. Wizards are naturally less powerful so a modest cost for communication is justified. The world is big and we can't move very fast compared to it, so we won't get many chances to talk to each other in person.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2019, 12:02:45 pm »

I like the communication idea.

Name:Marl
Appearance:A bearded human in a green hooded cloak carrying a staff. Accompanied by a juvenile Allosaurus named George.
Sphere:Dinosaurs.
Mana:44

Tame a Pterandon so I can fly around off the island.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:22:50 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2019, 11:42:11 pm »

Mana: 18

Go on adventures with my new friend! Think of a name, or ask him what he's called. And wonder what this big disturbance could be! Go east. What's there?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19