Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: ARCANE FUCKERY  (Read 39264 times)

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
Re: ARCANE FUCKERY
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2019, 01:27:10 pm »

Spoiler: THE WIZARD EDUS (click to show/hide)

Can I still jump in? I'm fine with anywhere, I can't read the coordinates due to temporary hardware limitations.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2019, 04:26:23 am »

Spoiler: The Reborn (click to show/hide)

Spawn my dark lair at 018. 021. Immediately try to obtain mana.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2019, 01:54:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Raise a tower at 005 005.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2019, 10:01:35 pm »

For the sake of ease, I'm gonna handle mana costs like this: spells instead of getting a 1-100 cost will instead get a 1-10 cost and I'll roll that many d10, the result being how much you pay. This will make things easier and also far more erratic. All hail chaos.

Name: GLOBOR THE GLOB
Appearance: A clockwork guy with a hat made of space dust
Sphere: Clockworks
Mana: 20

Create three clockwork man to scout the area around me. Specifically the south, north and west.
(6) (-3 mana) (+3 d6 Clockwork men)
Globor summons up 3 clockwork men and sends them off to scout the north, south and west. They walk out of his tower and immediately sink into the ocean. They tromp around the bottom of the sea for a while but report back only the discovery of lots of silt. One of them found a crab but he stepped on it.

Scout South, from 045, 019 to 047, 022, following the coast until I find something interesting.

Name: Sid
Appearance: Old fisherman
Sphere: Water
Sid walks along the coast for a while, through the desert sands until, half buried in a sand dune, he discovers an ancient tower.  Within he discovers the remnant magical technologies and ceremonies of the ancient Cybernecromancers.

Sid has gained the Aluminum skull of Cybernecromancy. (Expands sphere to include "Corpses")

Explore the area around my base.

Name: Dr. Bob Mk II
Appearance: A humanoid with the head of a deer that wears a lab coat.
Sphere: Chemistry
Dr. Bob searches the area around his tower and discovers, in the show covered forests to the north, a small village of Feral Frost Giant Tigers. The do not see him but they do not seem friendly.

Name: Dercst
Appearance: A guy wearing a long black cloak that conveniently completely obscures all bodily features.
Sphere: Earth

Dercst meditates for more mana.
Dercst meditates to gather mana and successfully gains Four Mana.

Name: Durman
Appearance: A shirtless, bearded behemoth of a man.
Sphere: Weather

Explore the regions around my tower.
Durman searches the deserts near his tower  and accidentally awakens a giant serpent!
(16 v 8)
Durman strikes the serpent down with lightning. (+10 Mana)

Name: Menal
Appearance: a plain man in plain robes
Sphere: Plants

Create a vine varietal that will expand out in a wide circle around my tower. It's to grow in a non-clustered manner, instead sending out about 10 seperate "lines" along each direction, heading out in a straight line from the tower in 6 directions. When the vines sense motion or life, the central bulb, located in the tower basement, will glow a certain color for the direction and distance. 6 colors for direction, 6 colors for distance, 1 color for life and motion, respectively. Small feelers will reach up throughout the tower to provide a general warning system.

The goal is to make vines that will send an alert to me when they encounter stuff and travel out in hex directions from my tower.

Then explore the surrounding area.

[-20 mana]
Menal's vine system forms in only one section of the area around him, though it forms the way he desires.

After his attempts to create a vine spy network, Menal wanders the forest for a time and finds a tree which grants golden golden apples
(Increase Mana generation by +2 each turn)

Plagueis
Appearance : pale man in green rotten robes
Sphere disease
Mana : 20

Summon bunch of happy and joyful plague demons and send them to scout local area and spread gifts of plague god
(-9 mana) [1]
Plagueis accidentally summons a tiny fairy of healing that constantly shouts at him to stop making people sick and attempts to heal anyone who gets sick around him. The Fairly is also an antisemite but that's really a different thing entirely.

Create a bone construct of as great a size as my current mana pool allows. Make it a simpleminded arcane creature, capable only of following me and attacking what I tell it to.
[1][-20 mana]

Atrimian summons a bone titan. Unfortunately he forgets to set it to "Friendly" and it immediately assaults his fortress.
[12v6]
Fortunately he manages to explode the creature's head with a single wave of his hand.

Name: Bronan
Appearance: Conan the Barbarian with a tiny wizard hat
Sphere: Biomancy

I put on my robes and wizard hat, and work on discovering the ideal human form.
[2]
Bronan loses his robe so he just puts his hat on, walks outside naked, and ponders the peak human form. After much consideration he comes to the conclusion that the hypothetical ideal human would almost certainly have....legs.

Name: Pruina
Appearance: A fair-skinned female in a cyan robe, constantly surrounded by the glitter of the snow and ice crystals that orbit her, unmelting.
Sphere: Ice

Pruina explores the immediate region of her tower.

Purina doesn't even get very far in his explorations. Right next to his tower he finds a giant bubbling pit of tar and oil. It occasionally disgorges a skeleton.

Name:Marl
Appearance:A bearded human in a green hooded cloak carrying a staff.
Sphere:Dinosaurs.
Mana:20

Explore my island, making note of any dinosaurs it might have.
While Marl finds no living dinosaurs, he finds numerous fossilized skeletons of what appear to be lizard humanoids. They are exposed mostly by rock slides and fissures caused by the active volcano.

Name: Duhuin
Appearance: A small dragon made of fruits
Sphere: Food
Mana:  20.

The powerful Duhuin shall explore 019.029 and search information about plants and animals species to add to his brilliant book "Fantastic Ingredients and where to find them"

Edit: The Mighty Duhuin read wrong the coordinates but the problem has been solved now.

The Mighty Duhuin, who refuses to speak in anything but the third person with a series of continuously changing honorifics, explores the forests near his home and discovers a small village of food elementals who are in the midst of hunting a tree. They do it quite well.

Magically create as many d4 explorers as I can with 20 mana, and proceed to explore the hilly woods at 95.32.  If I can explore further, do 94.34, 94.33, 94.32, and 94.31 as well.

Name: Henry
Sphere: Industry
Mana: ?

[1][-20 mana]
Henry accidentally summons 5 anti-explorers.  These d4 creatures despite exploring and as soon as Henry attempts to leave they leap on him, attempting to stop him from going.
[3]
Henry can't manage to get away from the anti-explorers and spends a good while listening to them sit around and talk about how overrated the outside world is.

Name: Arsholl
Appearance: Shortish anime human with very long green hair which forms giant curls.
Sphere: EXSUPLOSIONS!

Put a signs to the north, northwest, and south of my tower which read
"Private property do not enter
Unless you have an invitation~"

Examine the terrain around me and my neighbor to the south.

If putting up signs and checking the environment haven't used up my action, spend 1.5 mana cost to summon an Explosive Sentry; a humanoid explosion elemental who follows my orders and can cast ranged explosions equivalent to a stick on dynamite at targets within the same hex. Tell him to stand on top of my tower and toss explosions at any uninvited creature which gets too close (moves past the no trespassing signs) to my tower.

Have a walk [043.017] -> [042.018] -> [041.019] -> [042.018] -> [042.018]. If I run into intelligent creatures of some sort, stop.
Inspect this terrain.

Looks flat, and has two large harbors on either side with access to the sea. An ideal place to build a port city, especially if we build a channel between the west and east seas.
[1]
Arsholl hangs signs saying "For a good time come stick your dick through my wizard window" all around his tower.

Arsholl explores the areas around his tower and that of his neighbor. They are rolling sand dunes on a thin peninsula between two land masses. On his, he finds open sulfur deposits and methane spewing vents.

Name: Arcalaid
Appearance: A dark skinned woman, wearing a dull, ragged dress. A number of cloth rags are further stitched onto the dress.
Sphere: Paths

Move to 041.30 and investigate the surrounding plains.
Arcalaid wanders through the plains and forests but her explorations reveal nothing interesting or at least nothing out of the ordinary.

Name: Khor'Kal the Mossy
Appearance: A white serpent with feathered wing-arms, one of which and one eye is cybernetic. Wears a headdress of living and ever mutating plants.

Go to 18.14, then cycle clockwise around my tower to 16.14. Or as far as I can get, if the forest slows me down.
In 18.14 Khor discovers a grove of roses. Not ordinary roses. Giant roses. Toxic roses. Very pretty, very mean roses.

Spoiler: THE WIZARD EDUS (click to show/hide)

Can I still jump in? I'm fine with anywhere, I can't read the coordinates due to temporary hardware limitations.

Spoiler: The Reborn (click to show/hide)

Spawn my dark lair at 018. 021. Immediately try to obtain mana.

Raise a tower at 005 005.
Done.

Everyone gains +5 mana. A few people got mana from fighting or finding things, add that on as well.

https://i.imgur.com/P3ppPei.jpg

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2019, 10:08:52 pm »

Appearance: A fair-skinned female in a cyan robe, constantly surrounded by the glitter of the snow and ice crystals that orbit her, unmelting.

Pruina explores the immediate region of her tower.

Purina doesn't even get very far in his explorations. Right next to his tower he finds a giant bubbling pit of tar and oil. It occasionally disgorges a skeleton.
((TRIGGERED by change of name and gender))

Pruina skirts the giant bubbling pit of tar and searches for other areas of interest around her tower.

Mana: 25
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2019, 10:11:48 pm »

Summon a lesser flesh beast. Tether it to me. Try not to accidentally make it hostile.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2019, 10:19:56 pm »

Go convince the anti-explorers that they can see too much from inside this tower, and that the bottom of the nearby lake is much more suitable for them.

If that fails, kill one or more of them until they stop impeding progress.

Then proceed to explore the hilly woods at 95.32.  If I can explore further, do 94.34, 94.33, 94.32, and 94.31 as well.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 10:36:31 pm by Devastator »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2019, 10:30:05 pm »

Name: GLOBOR THE GLOB
Appearance: A clockwork guy with a hat made of space dust
Sphere: Clockworks
Mana: 22

Start working on schematics to turn this clocktower into a mobile clockpunk steamboat. Then create more clockwork man. A LOT more.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 10:32:18 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2019, 10:36:59 pm »

Swing out to 084.028 and take specimens of the plants in the area. Watch out for natural and unnatural hazards.

Spoiler: Menal (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2019, 10:46:26 pm »

Name: Bronan
Appearance: Conan the Barbarian with a tiny wizard hat
Sphere: Biomancy

Well, that settles that.

Create the ultimate pair of legs.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2019, 11:35:00 pm »

((@Lord Porkins, we should have menal and bronan meet up))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2019, 11:41:39 pm »

Name: Arsholl
Appearance: Shortish anime human with very long green hair which forms giant curls.
Sphere: EXSUPLOSIONS!

Wonder how it's so hard to put up signs with the exact text that I have in mind. Any why it apparently used up both my action AND movement.

If putting up signs and checking the environment haven't used up my action, spend 1.5 mana cost to summon an Explosive Sentry; a humanoid explosion elemental who follows my orders and can cast ranged explosions equivalent to a stick on dynamite at targets within the same hex. Tell him to stand on top of my tower and toss explosions at any uninvited creature which gets too close (moves past the no trespassing signs) to my tower.

Have a walk [043.017] -> [042.018] -> [041.019] -> [042.018] -> [042.018]. If I run into intelligent creatures of some sort, stop.
Inspect this terrain.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2019, 11:50:35 pm »

Name:Marl
Appearance:A bearded human in a green hooded cloak carrying a staff.
Sphere:Dinosaurs.
Mana:25

Well, that won't do. Conjure up a bunch of dinosaurs and release them into the wilds around my tower.

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2019, 01:59:19 am »

Name: Khor'Kal the Mossy
Appearance: A white serpent with feathered wing-arms, one of which and one eye is cybernetic. Wears a headdress of living and ever mutating plants.

Well obviously, I need to make some beautiful tsundere waifus out of some of the giant toxic roses.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2019, 04:38:13 am »

Name: Sid
Appearance: Old fisherman
Sphere: Water and Corpses (Skull of Cybernecromancy)

Talk to the cyberskull and ask it what happened to the tower. If it's not very talkative, try to find a corpse, raise it and ask it what happened to the tower. If that's not possible either, then just see what I can deduce from investigating the tower about what happened here. Did they kill each other? Did they leave? Were they attacked? Where did they come from? Is there a settlement around here? I'm interested in stuff like that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19