Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: ARCANE FUCKERY  (Read 38678 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: ARCANE FUCKERY
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2019, 09:47:11 pm »

Name: Pruina
Appearance: A fair-skinned female in a cyan robe, constantly surrounded by the glitter of the snow and ice crystals that orbit her, unmelting.
Sphere: Ice
Mana: 43 - 29 + 8 = 22
Notes: Holds a tome that grants the powers of Blood and Viscera to its wielder.

Pruina leaves this tile and heads east in search of life to interact with.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2019, 09:22:19 pm »

Name: THE WIZARD EDUS
Appearance: A tall, plain looking man with blond hair and brown eyes. He wears giant robes with lots of pockets.
Sphere: Force
Mana: 26

Ask Archibald if this other vortex could be benevolent, and if he can sense where it might be. Enter the crater and approach the orb. Prod it with a finger and try to find out what it does.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2019, 05:06:35 pm »

Spoiler: Anise (click to show/hide)

Uhhhh. As in the statue itself killed them somehow, or just the horse memorialised in it? Stupid question, but better than a stupid mistake.

Yeah. Let's give the statue a wide berth for now and continue exploring.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2019, 05:18:55 pm »

Name: Atrimian
Mana: 34

Oh no. This is bad. This is not what I want.

They're clones of me, right? Perhaps I can convince them to keep their business amongst themselves. If that works, I'll psychically reach out in search of other powerful wizards.

If it doesn't, well... who knows what's next?
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2019, 08:22:44 pm »

Name: Arsholl
Appearance: Shortish anime human with very long green hair which forms giant curls.
Sphere: EXSUPLOSIONS!
Mana: 29
+3 Mana per turn

Dive down to explore the ruins.

Cause every plague-aligned creature in the world to spontaneously combust.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2019, 06:31:03 pm »

Name: GLOBOR THE GLOB
Appearance: A clockwork guy with a hat made of space dust
Sphere: Clockworks
Mana: 9

...Bring me living beings ya idiotic pieces of clock!!! Also any shiny stuff you can find. Remember to use your net spider tank.
[4]
The clock men return with a large net of fish and an armload of sunken gold and other valuables.

Well..better late than never you guess.

Name: Sid
Appearance: Old fisherman
Sphere: Water and Corpses (Skull of Cybernecromancy)
Mana: 37
Note: Spiky purple hair water-flesh skeleton lady-friend. Speaks Japanese with Spanish subs.

Search for an entrance to the pyramid and enter. If none is found, use water magic to drill a hole in it. Turn the drilled candy into cotton candy and offer it to my anime friend, if possible.
[4] You search for and find an entrance. The passages are of course booby trapped but you and Senorita Anime Skeleton make it through into a central chamber. There at the center is a sort of pedestal with a single hovering piece of candy suspended in a sunbeam. It looks like a mint in a golden wrapper.

Name: Bronan
Sphere: Biomancy
Mana:50

Create Protein Shakes for me and the slaves. Use however much mana is necessary. THEN FIGHT. DEATH TO THE TYRANTS! FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOM

[-21 mana][2] The protein shakes, despite all the mana in them, seem to have no effect. But the fight for freedom must go on.

you (D20)
5 slaves (d8)
vs
10 Hiss soldiers (d8)
3 Hiss special forces (d10)
1 Great serpent (d12)

First round
You vs serpent
5 slaves vs 3 hiss special forces and 2 hiss soldiers
[8v5]
[4v2]
[1v4]
[3v9]
[2v2]
[5v3]
You slay the great serpent! Two of your slave forces are killed, but three survive. They kill off 1 special forces group and 1 group of hiss soldiers.
Round 2
You vs 1 special forces
slaves vs 1 special forces, 2 soldiers
[9v3]
[8v8]
[4v1]
[7v7]
One special forces group is defeated! A group of soldiers is defeated! The other special forces group and more soldiers are fighting to a standstill.
[3v4][3]
[6v2]
[1v6]
[6v8]
1 special forces and and 8 soldier groups remain, but two of your slave groups are wiped out and you are badly injured.
[2v2]
Your slaves continue to fight valiantly
[3v6]
But are eventually overcome. You are captured and thrown in prison while to injured to fight back.
+20 mana for the big serpent kill though.
Converse with the anime humans about what is going on.  If it's some kind of human sacrifice to a volcano god or such, express displeasure and offer to assist with whatever issue requires the volcano god's assistance.

If this is some sort of combat trial, offer assistance by making the idol a mech suit or into a cyborg or something.  Or some more direct assistance if another fighter is desired.

Spoiler: Henry (click to show/hide)
[2] Survey team hasn't found anything.

[3] The anime humans tell you that it is none of your business. They add in several "bakas" and several smug "HMPH"s and even a few foot stomps for good measure before they keep going. Hmm.

Name: Drycst
Appearance: A guy wearing a long black cloak that conveniently completely obscures all bodily features.
Sphere: Earth
Mana: 76

Drycst exits the vortex and gets back into his tower, where he meditates one last time.
[5]
Drycst somehow gets out of the vortex and goes back to his tower. He meditates there until the tower also falls into the vortex. At this point he should be dead but I don't think he quite understood that so if he has a final action I'll let him do it. Basically has unlimited mana because he's submerged in it right now.

Just explore the area around where we find ourselves and see if we find anything.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[5]
You somehow find yourself back at your tower...huh.

Spoiler: Duhuin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

Duhuin the Not-So-Good-at-Examining-stuff will explore 020,031

You search that section of jungle and find...well...nothing whatsoever.

Hmm one section at a time might be a poor way to explore.

Name:Marl
Appearance:A bearded human in a green hooded cloak carrying a staff. Accompanied by a juvenile Allosaurus named George.
Sphere:Dinosaurs.
Mana:52

Tame one of the pterosaurs.

[2]
The pterosaurs run away after hearing you pronounce the "P" in their name and being suitably aghast.

Appearance: A fair-skinned female in a cyan robe, constantly surrounded by the glitter of the snow and ice crystals that orbit her, unmelting.
Mana: 43 - 29 + 8 = 22

Pruina leaves this tile and heads east in search of life to interact with.
at 14, 18 you discover the remains of a military outpost. Its quite old, maybe of the same time as the city, and equally abandoned.

Name: THE WIZARD EDUS
Appearance: A tall, plain looking man with blond hair and brown eyes. He wears giant robes with lots of pockets.
Sphere: Force
Mana: 26

Ask Archibald if this other vortex could be benevolent, and if he can sense where it might be. Enter the crater and approach the orb. Prod it with a finger and try to find out what it does.

Archibald's response is, basically, "No" and "To the south".

You poke the orb. [2] Hmmm nothing happens this time...maybe a harder poke. Someone, in the depths of time, someone you don't know, whose name was probably Maurice, waggles his eyebrows.

Spoiler: Anise (click to show/hide)

Uhhhh. As in the statue itself killed them somehow, or just the horse memorialised in it? Stupid question, but better than a stupid mistake.

Yeah. Let's give the statue a wide berth for now and continue exploring.
You walk several miles and then look around.

The horse statue is there.

"That ain't right. That ain't right at all."

You walk again, this time entering a different biome. You look behind you. The statue is still there. Its actually a little closer.

"oh dear."

Name: Atrimian
Mana: 34

Oh no. This is bad. This is not what I want.

They're clones of me, right? Perhaps I can convince them to keep their business amongst themselves. If that works, I'll psychically reach out in search of other powerful wizards.

If it doesn't, well... who knows what's next?

[6]

You successfully convince all your sexclones to only...meddle...with each other.

And meddle they do. You carefully push them into a room in your tower and close the door with a shudder.

Oh and you can talk to any wizards you want.

Appearance: Shortish anime human with very long green hair which forms giant curls.
+3 Mana per turn

Dive down to explore the ruins.

Cause every plague-aligned creature in the world to spontaneously combust.

Remove the + mana you get for the explosion elementals as they sadly died of magic ebola.

Now, this action of yours, the magical one, would target plague aligned wizards to, as written, so...it would be very expensive.

[6]

The ruins contain...oh my they appear to contain a tunnel going down into the depths of...somewhere. You can't hold your breath long enough to pass through the tunnel though so...if you are to discover the secrets below you'll need a way to survive the journey.

https://i.imgur.com/zHCdAbD.png

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2019, 06:31:26 pm »

7 mana this turn

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2019, 06:49:31 pm »

Spoiler: Duhuin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

Duhuin the Cook will explore the area again in search of species plants or animals that he doesn't posses in his gardens
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 06:54:46 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2019, 07:03:52 pm »

Name: GLOBOR THE GLOB
Appearance: A clockwork guy with a hat made of space dust
Sphere: Clockworks
Mana: 16

Use the gold to upgrade the Grand Machine (TM) and the Clockmen. Then sacrifice the fish to it before sending the men out to get more gold and live creatures from the ruins.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2019, 07:10:04 pm »

Name: Sid
Appearance: Old fisherman
Sphere: Water and Corpses (Skull of Cybernecromancy)
Mana: 44
Note: Spiky purple hair water-flesh skeleton lady-friend. Speaks Japanese with Spanish subs.

"Ah, this must be the fabled 'Rare Candy'. I cannot pass up the once in a lifetime opportunity to taste such exquisite treats."

Check around for hieroglyphics or other artifacts that could help explain what this is.

Acquire the Rare Candy. Be ready to run from the inevitable trap. Make sure my friend is a safe distance away and ready to run. Use hand signals or something.

"Normally the taken object is replaced with something of similar weight, but it's a bit hard to do so with something that's floating."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 03:18:09 am by Parisbre56 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2019, 08:04:17 pm »

Mana: 36

Do a long monologue about how I really want to go in the hole but I can't and that makes me super sad and I want to find a way to go in the hole so that I can find the very important whatever's down there and show everyone how much of a badass powerful wizard I am, building up DRAMATIC DETERMINATION until I'm able to succeed despite the fact that doing so flagrantly disregards physics and common sense.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2019, 01:04:34 am »

Pruina searches the ruins of the military base.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2019, 04:33:54 am »

Lets explore to the south again and see if we can find something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2019, 07:31:44 am »

Since my rolls kept being so shit, that even the GM told me to not bother further, I'd like to...

USE UP ALL OF MY MANA TO EXPLODE ALONG WITH MY LAIR!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2019, 10:29:03 am »

Name: Drycst
Appearance: A guy wearing a long black cloak that conveniently completely obscures all bodily features.
Sphere: Earth
Mana: Unlimited

Oh. It's a deadly vortex of mana. Oops.

Use every last drop of mana I can to escape the vortex. If that's not a valid action, use every last drop of mana I can to force the vortex into a far more stable mana generator.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19