Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Broken Vessel  (Read 15046 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vessel [VESSEL]
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2019, 10:52:10 pm »

Each of the eight assigned angels takes hold of one of the spots of light, and the ring fades out of the Divine Realm, along with the angels.
They find themselves in decidedly humanoid (strangely warm, a novel sensation) flesh, laying on their backs, looking to the blue sky above.

The eight vessels are arranged in a circle such that their heads all meet at a central point, and are dressed in well-made white robes. You feel minor pain at your elbow and knee joints as well as on your left cheek, as holy symbols have been etched into the vessels at those points, such that the lacerations ooze a thick and warm blood onto your new skin. Another novel sensation.

Take the 7th ring. It won’t matter what the vessel was before this blessing.

[Resolve: 1]
You hear no greeting from your vessel's mind, but you do feel something there. You can't help but feel intense contempt for this exercise. Although you can identify this feeling as being induced, you cannot stop feeling it.

As you stand up and get a feel for your flesh, you find that it is that of a large and physically fit male. This form is ideal for fighting, as befits you, the leader of Purifier Squad.

Take the 5th ring and be a vessel!

[Resolve: 6]
"Greetings, Holy One. My name is Zos Orlie and it is my honor to serve you as the final act of my life."
Your vessel is very enthusiastic. Almost exuberant. You take this as a good omen and feel optimistic about your time in this body.

This body is small; that of a woman who has just become an adult. As you stand up, you catch a glimpse of your silver hair.

The cobblestones beneath your feet are old, but calm. Many feet have walked here, but it is not an area which sees a large amount of traffic.

Vale takes a ring and proceeds with his mission

[Resolve: 2]
"Hello, Holy One. I am Dahlia. Tell me your name."
You cannot quite gauge your vessel's intentions.

You are a quite tall woman with black hair down to your waist. You feel... powerful.

Incarnate through the vessel that seems most in need of cheering up. Greet vessel-friend and proceed to cheer them up by showing them the awesomeness of being able to fly.

[Resolve: 4]
"H-hello, angel. I am Fion Grant."
Your vessel wears its heart on its sleeve (figuratively, haha) and quite clearly wishes to eradicate the demons. It does also seem sad.

Launching from your prone position directly into the air, you feel that your body is somewhat tall for a human body. Or average maybe? How big is a human supposed to be, you wonder.

Your soaring around in the air does seem to cheer the vessel up a little bit. You feel a bit of euphoria yourself as you bathe in the sunlight. The skies are open and the sun shines down on you not unlike a glorious father.

Take the brightest one as my vessel.

[Resolve: 2]
"Hello angel. You can call me Dave."
That's not how a Vessel is supposed to greet you.

You Blink to a standing position and examine your body. You are an older male, but still physically fit. This will suffice to complete the mission.

He floats into the vessel arrangement, curious to who he will be sharing a body with. Random and such.

[Resolve: 5]
"Hello! I'm Mina. What is your name?"
Your vessel seems happy to have a new adventure. It also seems that she's accustomed to approaching problems sneakily and prefers to avoid conflict.

This body is small and responsive. It does not seem particularly young, you conclude that the vessel is simply a small person.

The Wanderer attunes to one of the Vessels.

[Resolve: 5]
"Greetings, Holy One. My name is Orless Rose, and it is my pleasure to assist you in your holy mission."
This vessel is rational and compassionate. She is religious and holds angels in high regard.

You stand. This body does not seem particularly remarkable in any way, though you are confident that you will be able to use it effectively.

Your robes are pleasant and are content to have you wearing them. Much like a vessel, they were specifically prepared for this occasion.

Take vessel form and proceed with the mission.

[Resolve: 4]
"U-um, hello."
This mind is weak and uncertain. Concerningly lacking in resolve. Though it seems particularly wary of you. Perhaps it wishes to speak something that it worries would upset you.

You immediately hide your body and blink some distance away. Observing your surroundings.

You also hear the Observer speak to you.

"INCARNATION COMPLETE | ALL MEMBERS OF STRIKE TEAM ZEPHERIS ARE ACCOUNTED FOR | PROCEED WITH THE MISSION."

Quote from: everyone
Examine surroundings, obviously.

It would seem that you've arrived in the keep of a castle. The area is paved and there are some buildings nearby, forming something like a town square. Many people are gathered here, both to watch and participate in the vessel ritual.
A fairly large gathering of priests and priestesses in white clothes are gathered, and the more observant of you see that a few are holding tiny scalpel-like blades, covered in blood. Your own blood, you suppose.
Among this group is an elderly man dressed in more elaborate clothing, denoting him as a higher-ranked priest.

The gate out of the keep and into the city is closed.

Quote from: WyrdByrd
Quote from: Tiruin
Quote from: darkwarlock3
Quote from: Parisbre56
Quote from: Questorhank

Quote from: Tyrant Leviathan
Quote from: Glass
Quote from: syvarris

It'd be super helpful if you would put your character name and position at the top of your action posts!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vessel [VESSEL]
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2019, 11:51:38 pm »

Chou/Mina. Leader of Vanguard, Servant angel.

Ic

“ Well pleasure to meet you Mina, I am Chou. So which of these guys is the big time religious figure? Got a message to deliver, Aside other angelic duties. I must say, this feeling in mortal life is, interesting.”

Did not mind fact a female, rather sadden that these people lose their lives for them to exist. But perks ups “ Oh I could use Insight. One of my two Heavenly Powers.”

Yeah..

: Turn it on to scan the head honcho Priest.:

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2019, 01:05:23 am »

Vale, purifier squad

"WELL DAHLIA YOU CAN CALL ME VALE"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2019, 01:16:49 am »

Orless the Wanderer, of the Vanguard

[Hail, Orless Rose. I am the Wanderer; so, therefore, are you. I will require that you communicate for me; I am not greatly built for the task.]

A blindfold manifests over Orless's eyes - not, technically, a "real" blindfold, but the Wanderer's mark upon their Vessel. At the same time, a quarterstaff appears in their hands - the Wanderer's Sacred Arms. It is mostly plain, but the two ends notably have deep engravings depicting flying ravens circling them.

[Additionally, if you could inform me as to the present situation, it would be greatly appreciated. I am assigned to assist in the protection of humans from demons first and foremost.]

[Ah. Additionally, it was requested that it be made clear that Jyn'thim is now in charge of harvests, not Lyther'hymn. Applicable prayers should be redirected.]

Finally, see if I can use Animism to summon a raven or two to me. They should be helpful as familiars.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 05:53:31 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2019, 06:59:35 am »

<NIJI GREETS VESSEL-FRIEND FION! NIJI THANKS VESSEL-FRIEND FION! HAVE MUCH FUN, YES? PURIFY DEMONS, YES? FLY MUCH, YES?>

NIJI WILL ENJOY FLYING WHILE THE THINKY-TALKY ANGELS DO THEIR THINKY-TALKY THING. NIJI WILL FLY AROUND AND SEE THE SIGHTS. MAYBE FIND SOME PRETTY BIRD TO RACE.

EDIT: NIJI WILL ENTHUSIASTICALLY LISTEN TO ANYTHING FION HAS TO SAY. IF HE HAS NOTHING TO SAY, THEN NIJI WILL ALSO ENTHUSIASTICALLY TALK ABOUT HOW GREAT EVERYTHING IS: INCARNATING. FLYING. THE WORLD. FION. FLYING. HAVING A BODY. THIS PLACE. FLYING. FEELING THE SUN. PURIFYING DEMONS. AND FLYING.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 03:15:27 pm by Parisbre56 »

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: Vessel
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2019, 02:48:03 pm »

Purifier Fifth Force Satesia

[Summoned] firearms come fully loaded.
Just how advanced of firearms can we summon?

DAVE IS THE CURRENT HOST OF FORCE SATESIA. DAVE'S LACK OF RESPECT HAS BEEN NOTED.
Introductions complete, Satesia turns their attention outwards.
"WHICH VESSEL HOSTS PURIFIER CAPTAIN SERVANT WORMWOOD."

RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2019, 06:22:23 pm »

Vanguard Third Force Vu Iryrfej'ksez - Near Castle's Keep

First order of business: Grow wings and teleport into the air, silently gain altitude, and watch the proceedings from above.  While doing so, quietly respond to the human:

<Fear not!  This entity is appellated Vu Iryrfej'ksez, silent sound force angel.  Humanity may refer to Vu as Vu.  It possesses title; polite curiousity demands knowledge of Vessel facts.  Yes?>

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vessel
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2019, 06:58:02 pm »

Nothing more advanced than a gauss rifle, please~

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2019, 07:05:42 pm »

Nothing more advanced than a gauss rifle, please~
Just remember that an empty Gauss rifle in a world of bows and arrows is nothing more than an expensive club.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2019, 07:38:20 pm »

That is true but largely irrelevant.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2019, 10:01:22 pm »

Servant Ariadne

Word of Faith:Greetings!
Also thanks to Zos Orlie that this being shall endeavor to work best with her intent and person.

"It is nice to see everyone gathered here. May I ask what is the status of the surroundings and of everyone at present?"

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2019, 09:51:46 pm »

Servant Wormwood, Captain of the Purifiers.

Attempt to connect with this recalcitrant host by appealing  to his sense of pride. It seems this is one of the more philosophical ones, or perhaps merely simple.

" It seems my colleagues have already  introduced me.  I'll skip  the explanation for why we're here, given that anyone with a working pair of eyes can see the reason. As for the attitude, I can understand why you might seem.... displeased about this prospect.  Perhaps the lies of our adversaries have gotten to you,  and tricked you into viewing yourself as a pawn in some grander scheme. Perhaps it was a viewpoint of your own making, a feeling that you are naught but a  plumped lamb, destined for  sacrifice and consumption.  It could even be that you despise your fellow citizens, for forcing  you to fight in their stead.
I'll admit, all of these are powerful arguments. All I have to say in response is simple:  Despite what we both know about you, the people out there, potentially even the people in this room, don't see that. They don't care about the man you were before this, be it sinner, or saint. All they see is a Vessel, and the power that comes with it.  With a little cooperation, I’d imagine we could put that power to good use.”

Having said his piece, Wormwood turns outward,  intoning  a word of faith to the assembled mortals, watching carefully for any signs of discomfort or pain.

“How many demons are there? What type, and composition?”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vessel (if the title doesn't change its not a real update)
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2019, 09:04:35 am »

In some particularly silly and unlikely version of this scenario, the angels momentarily notice a door marked "staff only". Beyond this door sounds of steel striking steel can be heard, alongside an occasional "hwuh!" or "hiah!" or a controller clattering across the ground.
Presently, the narrator steps out of that door gripping a bloodied samurai sword and wearing a stupid grin. With a wave of his steel hand, he addresses the gathering of angels.

"Sorry for the delay, we are currently experiencing some... technical difficulties. Yes, technical difficulties, that's what it is.
Anyway, yes, sorry, I assure you that y'all are on top of the list, just as soon as I stab that jerk genichiro uh I mean resolve the technical difficulty."

At this the narrator spins on his heel and walks back into the door, leaving no trace of his passage.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Broken Vessel
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2019, 12:37:55 am »

Hey, I don't feel like continuing to pretend that this is alive, nor do I really feel like making a dramatic effort to revive it. Feel free to leave feedback, ask questions about the game, beg for its revival, express your apathy, and/or make up to two (2) comments to complain.

Most of the next turn is actually finished and I may as well post it. That follows:

Spoiler: turn (click to show/hide)

Arbitrarily, this is a complete turn except for syv's action. Sorry.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Broken Vessel
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2019, 12:47:59 pm »

PTW
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10