Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Broken Vessel  (Read 14891 times)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vessel
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2019, 08:56:06 pm »

More than half of us are Forces, and only one of us has a Voice better than Flawed. I think we need another Servant.

As fun as the thought of  being  six inscrutable cosmic power's handler  and face would be, I have to agree.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2019, 09:03:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There ya go. I just wanted to be, unique. Yeah my original idea was for a Father Alexander Anderson expo, but screw it. Also when not themeing I tend to Super Mario/generalize/ Ryu my stat skills.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 09:03:24 pm »

More than half of us are Forces, and only one of us has a Voice better than Flawed. I think we need another Servant.

As fun as the thought of  being  six inscrutable cosmic power's handler  and face would be, I have to agree.
Don’t worry too much about the “handler” part, regardless of what happens I’ll be trying to keep people in line. But yes, we do need more people that are actually presentable.

EDIT: Thank you TL.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 09:05:33 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 09:44:12 pm »

Your welcome Glass. Also the Council thing is up ( I try to update my stuff. I really do.)

And I cannot wait to see where this goes.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019, 09:50:49 pm »

All we need is a servant with Word of Faith or Command of Faith and Fear as their emotion- with that there would be no humans able to stand against us and most demons would be running too from their fear inspiring speeches.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019, 10:51:41 pm »

I call it! Just gimme a bit of time...
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2019, 11:57:08 pm »

So, since Divine Weaponry can take any form I want, does that include, say, a swarm of flesh-eating locusts?

No, the form must be a weapon. A singular object with the sole purpose of helping you hurt things.

Oh yeah, and make your Aspect a specific insect please. I won't let people get away with choosing "mammal", so "insect" won't work either~

Aspect: Holiness (buffed only when affected by others’ powers, such as miracle or ward, or in the presence of holy relics, auto-5 when dealing with churchy things.)

This is "Divine", the energy which powers Smitebolt. It's used by priests for spells and rituals and it's present in powerful relics, but isn't a presence in general everyday religion.

Aspect: Death [Fire if thats not allowed]

Death isn't an energy, but Shadow and Unholy both are.
Shadow is an energy used by shadow mages, who are sometimes necromancers.
Unholy is the energy used by demons. It is possible for this to be your aspect, even though demons are your enemy.

Oh good, we have a predator drone.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2019, 12:44:09 am »

Ok, Unholy it is then.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2019, 09:34:57 am »

Name: Klx
Personality: Overconfident, scheming, and maybe a little bit evil...
Additional Information: Rumors say his great-great-great-great-great-you-get-the-point-grandfather was a demon. Would probably explain that silver tongue of his.

Vessel: None yet
Aspect: Fear
Weaponry: Precision and strength when wielding all weapons and when fighting unarmed.
Grace: Balance, coordination, speed, movement, dodging.
Resolve: Control, restraint, coping with your vessel's imperfect biology.
Logic: Intuition, reasoning, learning.
Voice: Speech and interaction with others.

Powers:

hold up still working
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2019, 09:56:59 am »

Trying to figure out if I should change my Aspect.  Do you think Faith would work better as an emotion than Pride?

dragonman7887

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2019, 10:17:13 am »

Voice would govern interaction with animals with One With Nature, right? Also, how long do changes to your form last with Holy Flux?

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2019, 12:44:45 pm »

Divine works.

If our summoned weapon is ranged, do we also summon ammo?
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 01:10:25 pm »

Query: is metal considered part of the earth element, and is lightning considered to be part of the air or fire elements (or neither)?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2019, 01:12:00 pm »

Also my Radiant steps hurts unholy while I Super Travel, does that mean the unholy angel ally can get hurt?

Whelp, this can get messy.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 06:47:35 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2019, 01:14:43 am »

Voice would govern interaction with animals with One With Nature, right? Also, how long do changes to your form last with Holy Flux?

Voice governs interaction with all other beings, including animals.
Changes made with Holy Flux last until you change again.

Trying to figure out if I should change my Aspect.  Do you think Faith would work better as an emotion than Pride?

Either one is mechanically valid. As for which one would be more effective, I won't say anything...

Divine works.

If our summoned weapon is ranged, do we also summon ammo?

Yes, summoned weapons come with ammo appropriate to the weapon type. Crossbows come with a single bolt loaded and drawn, bows come with a literal handful of arrows held in your offhand, and firearms come fully loaded.

Query: is metal considered part of the earth element, and is lightning considered to be part of the air or fire elements (or neither)?

Neither metal or electricity can be manipulated by Element Attune. The substance manipulated must be a pure sample of earth, air, water, or fire.

Also my Radiant steps hurts unholy while I Super Travel, does that mean the unholy angel ally can get hurt?

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to imagine what might happen when you terminate a Radiant Step next to an angel of Unholy aspect.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10