Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Broken Vessel  (Read 14875 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Vessel
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 02:09:47 am »

Query: is metal considered part of the earth element, and is lightning considered to be part of the air or fire elements (or neither)?

Neither metal or electricity can be manipulated by Element Attune. The substance manipulated must be a pure sample of earth, air, water, or fire.
While I can understand the lightning, why not metal? "Earth", after all, is a conglomeration of minerals, many of which are metals, and it's not even like it's going to be the same mixture everywhere, not even close. What would mark the barrier between earth and metal? Is it once you smelt down the ore? Is it once there's a distinguishable quantity of one material all by itself? Is it after it's been worked into a man-made form? I mean, I can understand the idea behind a "pure sample" of air (kind of; there's plenty of gasses, but they're all pretty much mixed into a uniform mixture across the entire atmosphere), or water, or fire, but "pure earth" just doesn't compute.

Also, I'm using Elemental Master, not the basic Elemental Attune.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2019, 02:12:21 am »

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2019, 02:33:03 am »

Oh cheese, I forgot to post!
I see games with healing, I pick healing :3
Spoiler: Healer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 02:37:36 am by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Vessel [CALL]
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2019, 05:05:25 am »

You exist within a world of mist and angels. The divine realm.
You are surrounded by opaque white mist, and there is no up or down. All around you you can spot the burning pinpricks of other angels going about their business, visible through the fog thanks to their brightness you and your connection to them.
Focusing in on the fog near you, you can break through; gain a momentary glimpse into the material realm. You reach in and make a small adjustment. Then you zip through the mist to your next task.

Presently you hear the voice of LYTHR'HYMN, your Observer, cut through the air, directing a message to you.
"PRIORITY LEVEL █████ | ALL LESSER ANGELS REPORT FOR BRIEF | LOW/MODERATE LEVEL UNHOLY DISTURBANCE DETECTED AT ███"
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Vessel [CALL]
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2019, 07:42:29 am »

NIJI's tiny form gracefully moves to be briefed by the Observer. Upon arrival NIJI begins screaming at those gathered.
<NIJI FRIENDLY GREET. EXCITED!>
NIJI then addresses Observer LYTHR'HYMN.
<OB-SERVER LYN: WHAT DO? FLY, YES? FIGHT, YES?>

NIJI REPORTS!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2019, 08:24:07 am »

Chou as a ball of white light and blue eyes got to the gathering.

“I am here, ready to serve.”
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 09:39:40 am by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2019, 09:27:36 am »

Report.
Report!

Ariadne waved at the other lower angels around them.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2019, 09:37:44 am »

Report in.

A humanoid form of shifting sand and steel appears, the only constants being a red blindfold over where the eyes would be, a quarterstaff clutched in the right hand, and a pair of raven’s wings attached to the back.

What is required?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:07:51 am by Glass »

dragonman7887

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2019, 09:53:56 am »

Report.
A twitching ball of writhing light appears. "Yesyesyoucalled?Misssion?"

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2019, 09:56:30 am »

Report in, with a smile.

"So! What sort of Vessels are we looking at today?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Vessel [BRIEF]
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2019, 11:31:56 am »

LYTHR'HYMN trains one sub-observation organ on each of you as you arrive. Once it is satisfied that a large enough has gathered, it recalls those observation organs and instead splits the focus of its primary observation organ between you. The single voice organ that it has committed speaks.

"BRIEFING OF LESSER ANGELS WILL COMMENCE |
LOW/MODERATE LEVEL UNHOLY DISTURBANCE HAS BEEN DETECTED | LOCATION OF DISTURBANCE WILL BE DESCRIBED IN INEXACT TERMS FOR CONVENIENCE OF LESSER ANGELS |
MATERIAL REALM | 'North Heris' LANDMASS | EMPIRE OF 'Herien' | 'South Central Herien' PROVINCE | 'Lotusheart City' | 'Favoric Lotus Temple' |
DEMONS HAVE APPEARED AT THIS TEMPLE AND DEFILED IT | DEMON STRENGTH IS CONSEQUENTLY HIGH | ADDITIONALLY SOME NUMBER OF MONSTERS HAVE ALLIED THEMSELVES WITH THE DEMONIC FORCE |
LOCAL HUMANS HAVE IDENTIFIED THIS THREAT AND HAVE CONSEQUENTLY ADDRESSED PRAYERS TO OUR MOST HOLY AND GLORIOUS SUPERIOR SUPERVISOR LEM AS WELL AS PREPARING A VESSEL RITUAL |

LESSER ANGELS HAVE BEEN BRIEFED ON THE GENERAL SITUATION | LESSER ANGELS WILL NOW RECEIVE ORDERS |
LESSER ANGELS PRESENT SHALL FORM THE MOST HONORABLE STRIKE FORCE ZEPHALON | SO SHALL IT BE |
LET IT BE THAT STRIKE FORCE ZEPHALON BE SUBDIVIDED INTO TWO SQUADS |
ONE ANGEL OF SERVANT RANK SHALL SELECT ITSELF TO BE SQUAD PURIFIER CAPTAIN | THE SQUAD PURIFIER CAPTAIN SHALL SELECT FOUR LESSER ANGELS TO FORM ITS SQUAD |
ONE ANGEL OF SERVANT RANK SHALL SELECT ITSELF TO BE SQUAD VANGUARD CAPTAIN | THE SQUAD VANGUARD CAPTAIN SHALL SELECT TWO LESSER ANGELS TO FORM ITS SQUAD |
EIGHT VESSELS WAIT READY TO ACCEPT LESSER ANGELS | STRIKE FORCE ZEPHALON SHALL UTILIZE THESE VESSELS |

MISSION PARAMETERS FOR SQUAD PURIFIER SHALL FOLLOW |
DESTROY ANY DEMONIC PRESENCE YOU ENCOUNTER | TRAVEL TO THE AFFLICTED TEMPLE | PURIFY THE TEMPLE | MINIMIZE DAMAGE TO HUMAN LIFE UNLESS NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH MISSION |

MISSION PARAMETERS FOR SQUAD VANGUARD SHALL FOLLOW |
DESTROY ANY DEMONIC PRESENCE YOU ENCOUNTER | REMAIN NEAR AND DEFEND THE LOTUS KEEP | PROTECT HUMAN LIFE |

SECONDARY MISSION PARAMETER FOLLOWS | INFORM HUMANS THAT ANY PRAYERS FOR GOOD HARVEST OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO AGRICULTURE SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE MOST HOLY OBSERVER JYN'THIM RATHER THAN TO OBSERVER LYTHER'HYMN | OBSERVER ROLES WERE SHIFTED THIRTY-FOUR CYCLES AGO AND OBSERVER LYTHER'HYMN IS NO LONGER ASSIGNED TO AGRICULTURE |

SUMMERY | TWO SERVANTS VOLENTEER TO LEAD SQUADS | SQUAD CAPTAINS SELECT SUBORDINATES |
FIVE ANGEL SQUAD ASSAULTS DEMONIC POSITION | THREE ANGEL SQUAD DEFENDS HUMANS FROM DEMONIC ATTACKERS |

QUIRY | DO LESSER ANGELS REQUIRE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vessel [BRIEF]
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2019, 12:11:55 pm »

QUIRY | DO LESSER ANGELS REQUIRE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION"
Query. And supplemental details are appreciated in all situations.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2019, 12:19:41 pm »

((Ssh. Ssh. You need to suck up to your superiors. Be a yes-man. Don't point out their mistakes. Do you want to be demoted? :P ))

<OH! PICK ME! PICK ME!> NIJI starts yelling at nobody in particular.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2019, 12:30:00 pm »

Query. And supplemental details are appreciated in all situations.

"THANK YOU FOR CORRECTING MY SPELLING IN THIS ENTIRELY VERBAL COMMUNICATION | OH GOOD MY SARCASM ORGAN IS STILL WORKING | I WAS WORRIED THAT THE ERROR IN MY SPELLING ORGAN MIGHT SPREAD"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10