Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Shadow of the Demon Lord - IC Thread - Game Start!  (Read 20083 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow of the Demon Lord - IC Thread - Game Start!
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2019, 06:30:57 pm »

Maraline scratched her chin thoughtfully.
"Certainly gonna be less crowded once they've been eaten by monsters, yeah?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2019, 02:54:25 am »

"Looks like a simple thing to watch over them from here. How about this? We split into pairs and each pair keeps watch while the other sleeps. Or, hm..."

Raina sees thoughtful for a moment.

"I suppose for it to work we'll need to build pairs that can work together... Can we do that? That would mean not calling the other person a barbarian, dwarf."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2019, 04:11:49 am »

"Everyone thinks orc means barbarian, so Hate and the dwarf can go together, less damage done when he calls me barbarian. You can sleep together, and he can tell me about papers that make promises... I am not afraid."

Hate extends a hand.

"Hate, at your service, milord dwarf sir."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2019, 05:00:49 am »

"I suppose for it to work we'll need to build pairs that can work together... Can we do that? That would mean not calling the other person a barbarian, dwarf."
Bristling at the slur, Imrak replies "Oh would it now? Does it also mean not acting like barbarians? Or is that too much to ask of this merry band?"

Hate extends a hand.

"Hate, at your service, milord dwarf sir."

Imrak eyes the hand warily. "Imrak. Of the Bronzecudgels." he states curtly. "And I suppose the fact that you didn't flee at the mention of the name means you're not from the Horned Skulls, and I have no personal quarrel with you. But even so..."

He straightens himself up to be as imposing as it's possible to be when craning one's neck to address someone who is roughly twice one's height.

"...don't think for a moment that I have forgotten Guldurak. Nor forgiven."

Apparently satisfied with his dramatic performance, he adopts a more pragmatic tone.

"And asides; last I recall from my teachings, orcs have better darkvision than most humans. Still not as good as a dwarf, but perhaps it might be prudent to not let the two blind ones try to keep watch at the same time?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2019, 05:46:06 am »

"perhaps it might be prudent to not let the two blind ones try to keep watch at the same time?"
"Oh, don't worry about that. It's not that dark, I can still see really well."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2019, 05:55:34 am »

"Oh. I would have liked to hear about the promise-papers, but that's true, I can see well in the grubby dim."

Hate turns back to the two young women and then back to the dwarf.

"Well."

Pick me, pick me! she thought, whilst hoping no one would.

"Who is Guldurak, Mr Imrak, and what did she do to you?"

Hate hoped it was a story of forbidden love gone wrong. The Damsel Guldurak and Brave Mr Imrak. Travelling story tellers didn't pass by Tomrik's Hollow half as much as they should, she thought, and far too often talked far too much about heroic humans fighting this that and the other. What nonsense. She secretly quite liked the more romantic tales - she liked to think it came naturally from being somewhat less brutish than the average orc lady. She could be almost refined, if she was given the chance.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2019, 09:21:44 am »

"Oh, don't worry about that. It's not that dark, I can still see really well."
Maraline glanced in the other girl's direction. Already the gloom was transforming her into an umbral figure.
"You musta 'ad your carrots as a kid. I can' t see a damn thing," she griped.

She looked back at the orc and the dwarf, thoughtful.
On one hand, if there was anything nasty taking the goats, the orc was a six-foot-plus wall of beef - and the most likely to be able to thump whatever it was that popped up. On the other hand, the dwarf was even smaller than Maraline, so hopefully any predator would go for him first.

She laughed and stepped forward, tapping Hate on the stomach.

"Looks like me an' you are watch buddies, yeah? Long as you don't 'ave me for a midnight snack or anythin'."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2019, 11:54:40 am »

"Guess it's you and me, then, Imrak."

Raina faced the dwarf and looked at him appraisingly.

"I don't mind taking watch for the first half of the night, and I guess the second half might be brighter for Maraline's eyes. What do you think, Imrak?"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2019, 12:14:09 pm »

"Looks like me an' you are watch buddies, yeah? Long as you don't 'ave me for a midnight snack or anythin'."

”I…!”

Wait, this might be… humour? Hmm.

”No sir! Miss! Um, I have some bread, not to worry. I can stand guard in the dark watchful as… as a tree. Please wake me up on my shoulder when it is time... Or you see the thief.”

« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:15:40 pm by lawastooshort »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2019, 12:38:46 pm »

"I don't mind taking watch for the first half of the night, and I guess the second half might be brighter for Maraline's eyes. What do you think, Imrak?"
Imrak nods pensively.

"Yes, yes, that's fine... You can watch the herd, I'll take a look around for spoor before the trail gets too cold. No sense waiting until the sun's out and making everything bright and miserable."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2019, 02:11:13 pm »

"Yes, yes, that's fine... You can watch the herd, I'll take a look around for spoor before the trail gets too cold. No sense waiting until the sun's out and making everything bright and miserable."

The dwarf quickly finds bootprints, hoofprints, and paw prints all over the place. The paw prints are (probably) from a dog, presumably Mop. Sadly, Imrak doesn't have any real experience in tracking and can't begin to determine which bootprints belong to Dawls and which might belong to someone else, or even himself or his newfound companions.

The hoofprints, meanwhile, seem to lead out from the pasture's gate. There are so many of them that tracking individual trails is sadly impossible to the dwarf's untrained eye.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2019, 08:02:01 pm »

"Guess it don't matter either way, so sure for me."

She began to stalk off towards the barn,gesturing for Hate to follow her.
"Come on, chunky. Let's 'ave a look in the barn.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2019, 03:09:53 pm »

Just posting to watch. Sorry to get your hopes up!
Love, scriver~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2019, 03:23:51 pm »

"Guess it don't matter either way, so sure for me."

She began to stalk off towards the barn,gesturing for Hate to follow her.
"Come on, chunky. Let's 'ave a look in the barn.
The barn is, as Dawls said, nothing fancy. Rusty hand tools cover one workbench, and larger implements hang on the walls. A fenced-in stall with a collection of buckets must be where the nanny goats are milked. Maraline quickly deduces that most of these items would be entirely worthless in a monetary sense, except possibly as scrap metal.

A large wardrobe is filled with scratchy blankets, probably intended to keep the goats warm when winters grow harsh. There are more than enough for everyone in the barn. A ladder leads up to the barn's second level, which is mostly empty. Roughly a quarter of this level is covered in loose hay, likely the leftovers of the previous winter's goat feed. Still, there's enough to make simple beds for the night.

Buried under the hay, trying to keep a small white dog from giving away their hiding spot, lies a clockwork creature shaped something like a spider...

Weaver of Secrets is in!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2019, 03:50:42 pm »

Give Snow some of the bread
"Shh, I know you don't like it but after things get quite we could take what we need and go, now we need to stay still"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4