Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Shadow of the Demon Lord - IC Thread - Game Start!  (Read 20085 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow of the Demon Lord - IC Thread - Game Start!
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2019, 04:46:49 pm »

Behind Maraline, Raina walks in for a quick look.

"Phew, not the the worst roof I've slept under. You going to be alright here if I keep looking around with Imrak? I'll come wake you and Hate up once it's your turn."

While talking, Raina looks around for an easy way to the barn's roof. Perhaps a hatch inside, or just a ladder outside? She's not going to climb up there just yet, but it'll be a decent vantage point once the group settles down for the night. Nearby trees might make for more covered spots as well, so she looks for any climbable ones nearby once she's done with Maraline and the barn. With both mercenary and rebel experience, where there was plenty of reason to be able to keep lookout from a hidden place, recognizing good ones shouldn't be difficult.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2019, 06:15:58 am »

"Okay miss..."

Tickled at making friends who are already calling her affectionate pet names, Hate follows Maraline into the barn to catch a nap.

Hopefully she doesn't see any mechanical spiders or anything that might totally freak her out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2019, 06:07:37 pm »

Give Snow some of the bread
"Shh, I know you don't like it but after things get quite we could take what we need and go, now we need to stay still"
Snow certainly doesn't like bread, but the dog is hungry and eventually settles into his meal. He starts fussing again when a massive orc comes up the ladder, but once the orc falls asleep Snow quiets down again.

Behind Maraline, Raina walks in for a quick look.

"Phew, not the the worst roof I've slept under. You going to be alright here if I keep looking around with Imrak? I'll come wake you and Hate up once it's your turn."

While talking, Raina looks around for an easy way to the barn's roof. Perhaps a hatch inside, or just a ladder outside? She's not going to climb up there just yet, but it'll be a decent vantage point once the group settles down for the night. Nearby trees might make for more covered spots as well, so she looks for any climbable ones nearby once she's done with Maraline and the barn. With both mercenary and rebel experience, where there was plenty of reason to be able to keep lookout from a hidden place, recognizing good ones shouldn't be difficult.
There is no hatch for the roof, but Raina locates a ladder lashed to the barn's back wall. It's old, but it looks sturdy enough.

There are a number of trees along the border between Dawls' farm and the neighboring fields, but these are tall elms with the lowest branches a good eight feet off the ground. Climbable, but not without risk of a painful fall. A more likely prospect would be the old and gnarled pear tree around the side of Dawls' shack.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2019, 03:55:15 am »

((Sorry I forgot, I thought others need to do stuff))
Take Snow and try to stay in the dark close to the edge of the barn until I get to the door.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2019, 04:12:09 am »

Imrak checks the fence to see if it's up to standard.

It isn't, of course, but there are varying degrees of sub-dwarfiness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2019, 10:11:16 am »

Imrak checks the fence to see if it's up to standard.

It isn't, of course, but there are varying degrees of sub-dwarfiness.
The fence looks adequate to hold goats in, so long as they are not overly-interested in getting out. It's getting on in years and is made of wood, but at least it doesn't seem to be falling down anywhere.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2019, 06:51:36 pm »

Maraline inspected the blankets before she left them be in the interests of not being eaten alive by fleas, wrinkling her nose.

"Gah. Smells like goat ass."
she muttered as she climbed the ladder.
She plumped the hay into something approximately bed-shaped before she lay back, listening to the sounds of the night.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2019, 02:54:37 pm »

((Next time I leave the game inactive for so long, give me a swift kick to the gonads. I'm such a lazy slob sometimes.))

Dawls retreats to his shed, and the impromptu party settles down to wait out the night. A few hours pass. The moon rises high in the night sky, casting dim light over the sleeping community. All is quiet.

Until, that is, one of the watchers spots movement coming down the dirt lane. Two cloaked and hooded figures, probably men from their height and build, approach Dawls' property as quietly as they can. One of the figures throws something in the general direction of Mop, who quickly pounces on the object and appears to begin eating it.

With the guard dog distracted, the figures carefully open the pasture's gate and approach the sleeping goat herd. Perhaps these are the thieves?

Who is awake, and what will they do?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]