Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Linux Version Issues  (Read 974 times)

Beinsezii

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Linux Version Issues
« on: February 26, 2019, 07:02:04 pm »

So, the Linux bundle seems to have a lot of problems.

Firstly, the bundled libgraphics.so is broken and needs to be rebuilt. I have vanilla dwarf fortress installed via my package manager (and some graphics installed manually) so I just used that one's lib.
It failed to find ncurses and one other dependency. I have ncurses in both 64 and 32 bit installed.

The scripts are a mess on my end.
Changing the tileset using "mdf-config tileset cla" tries to copy the CLA directory to an empty string. Hardcoding $DWFO as "./" copied the files successfully as if you were to copy-paste the CLA folder manually into the game dir (code setting $DWFO was commented out by default. Nothing else in the file sets it so not sure where the variable gets its data from normally?), however I don't think that's the correct way to install as even though it overwrote the necessary files, it still used the Meph graphics everything.

After that, using the same script in reverse to install "meph" results in it butchering the source directory name and failing, probably because it returns both Meph 32 and Meph 16 at once and concatenates them horrifically. Tried using "Meph\ -\ 32x32" instead of "meph" for the search to no avail, as it still returns both.

Other slight weirdnesses include the config script not being able to change color sets, and if the user tries to launch the game via a file manager dfhack will die silently and kill the game.

Seems like a fun mod to try out but there's very little documentation for all of this stuff.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:16:23 pm by Beinsezii »