Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Upcomming announcement....  (Read 19610 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Upcomming announcement....
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2019, 02:14:10 pm »

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2019, 01:28:19 am »

Nah, it's a fully 3D MMO version of Liberal Crime Squad that he's been working on during the weekends for some years now. He just has to work out some last minute details on the micro-transactions and loot-boxes.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2019, 09:11:45 am »

My guess it's something along the lines of 'DF won a prize' or 'DF is now available on itch.io, prizing being 'free' with 'pay what you want' options'.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2019, 10:49:12 pm »

So, with some analysis we can see what's happening here.
Meph is unusually active in this thread and over at Reddit. Meph's last non-modding related post was...well, too far back for me to trace without feeling like a stalker.  :)

So, in conclusion...

Someone want to randomly speculate something earth-shattering in the blank here...?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 10:51:00 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2019, 11:49:34 pm »

Ey, I'm always active on Reddit. :P

Before anyone makes any weird conclusions: No, neither my mod nor my tileset have anything to do with the upcoming announcement. No worries.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2019, 01:13:30 am »

Before anyone makes any weird conclusions: No, neither my mod nor my tileset have anything to do with the upcoming announcement. No worries.
Oh well. There goes that theory.  :)

Guess I'll just wait a few weeks then and not even try to dissect your words in which you don't deny being involved with the Announcement.  ;D

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2019, 06:12:03 am »

Can confirm, Meph is very active over on reddit, often volunteering to answer newbie questions when he's not walking people through tileset issues or gloating about mysterious whatevers.
Team Bug Fix!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2019, 12:33:25 pm »

As an adventure mode lover, will the announcement appeal to me?
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2019, 04:10:58 am »

Ebook version of Procedural Generation in Game Design (and second print of paper version)!
Is surely not the Announcement, but it's still fine enough news to hype it here. Well, I'm happy about it anyway (hardback books cost a fortune to ship out to my part of the world).

--edit
Wait, there was already an ebook of the first edition? Damn, how did I miss that...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 04:15:10 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 06:50:42 pm »

i have no idea

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2019, 03:46:10 am »

I've had a bit of a sleep on it, and i think i've come to the likely conclusion its a graphical release version using mephs tileset or a related one being produced alongside each release, which should be nice. Would remind me of CDDA's methods.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2019, 03:58:48 am »

I've had a bit of a sleep on it, and i think i've come to the likely conclusion its a graphical release version using mephs tileset or a related one being produced alongside each release, which should be nice. Would remind me of CDDA's methods.
Meph (a couple of posts up):

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2019, 04:05:46 am »

Isn't Meph's tileset full of copyrighted material? I remember it had Spongebob and some Nintendo game art. I think that might be a little bit of a minefield for Toady on the basis that he profits from DF via donations, which means he'd avoid the entire thing.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2019, 05:17:07 am »

Isn't Meph's tileset full of copyrighted material? I remember it had Spongebob and some Nintendo game art. I think that might be a little bit of a minefield for Toady on the basis that he profits from DF via donations, which means he'd avoid the entire thing.
Meph (a couple of posts up):

Apologies for starting the Meph conspiracy theory. This thread is like a microcosm of the Internet in action.  :)

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2019, 05:19:00 am »

Not to mention mephs tileset requires twbt, which requires dfhack.

I am joining in on it either being the new book, or my original guess of it being something like an award or the like.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14