Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Upcomming announcement....  (Read 19597 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Upcomming announcement....
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2019, 05:26:09 am »

Not to mention mephs tileset requires twbt, which requires dfhack.

I am joining in on it either being the new book, or my original guess of it being something like an award or the like.
Well, actually, Toady doesn't need Dfhack to make a graphic set supporting version of his own game. He just makes a graphic set supporting version of his own game.
(This isn't the announcement - more likely the book, but only if he's got a chapter of his own this time, otherwise it's not a "Dwarf Fortress" announcement).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2019, 02:16:49 am »

I've had a bit of a sleep on it, and i think i've come to the likely conclusion its a graphical release version using mephs tileset or a related one being produced alongside each release, which should be nice. Would remind me of CDDA's methods.
Isn't Meph's tileset full of copyrighted material? I remember it had Spongebob and some Nintendo game art. I think that might be a little bit of a minefield for Toady on the basis that he profits from DF via donations, which means he'd avoid the entire thing.

This is actually why he's specifically avoided having fan-made tiles in the game. Like, if I recall, almost exactly the wording was "we don't want legal trouble cause it turns out we're stealing tiles from nintendo or whatever"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2019, 01:12:44 pm »

I've had a bit of a sleep on it, and i think i've come to the likely conclusion its a graphical release version using mephs tileset or a related one being produced alongside each release, which should be nice. Would remind me of CDDA's methods.
Isn't Meph's tileset full of copyrighted material? I remember it had Spongebob and some Nintendo game art. I think that might be a little bit of a minefield for Toady on the basis that he profits from DF via donations, which means he'd avoid the entire thing.

This is actually why he's specifically avoided having fan-made tiles in the game. Like, if I recall, almost exactly the wording was "we don't want legal trouble cause it turns out we're stealing tiles from nintendo or whatever"
Yeah, my tileset is fairly unusable for official releases, because of sprites by other authors (mostly Obsidian Soul, his sprites made me start the tileset in the first place) and the many easter-eggs from all kinds of sources.

Mh... in theory I could start from scratch, but that would be mildly insane.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2019, 07:30:59 am »

Okay, another prediction: A rework of the dev page based on the way development is going.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2019, 10:04:23 am »

You guys have no idea
Clearly, either
1-Scamps has descendants now
2-Toady releases one of those projects (or DF tools) he says he works on when he isn't working on DF, like the myth generator, for example
3-Oficial DF merch. Which is something that'd require work, and be enough of a milestone to be announced
Who doesn't want a plump helmet mug, or some ''e'' ears to wear?
4-More music for the game, something he says has been wanting to do for some time now
5-The award theory said by many also makes sense
6-Both the villain AND the M&M update have been done already, we are entering the Starting Scenarios update
7-The DF documentary also'd make a lot of sense, and I'd want to see that happening
8-Introducing Dwarf Fortress 3: Slaves to bay12, an in-forum online game based on the unfinished magic mechanics done in both Slaves to Armok and the ones he'll be making for the M&M update, as a testing for new mechanics

Clearly, it has to be one of those
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:10:12 am by Rubik »

Real_bang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2019, 12:10:27 pm »

Actually Dwarf Fortress is merging with Cataclysm DDA making the biggest roguelike simulation game featuring zombie fort mode

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2019, 03:32:39 pm »

You guys have no idea
Clearly, either
1-Scamps has descendants now

One would imagine that not much preparation would be needed if that was the case, but Tarn might be aiming for the perfect kitten pictures. Well, either that or he had to go geld them to prevent a !catsplosion!.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2019, 04:11:21 pm »

3-Oficial DF merch. Which is something that'd require work, and be enough of a milestone to be announced

Kobold plushies would fly off the shelves, no doubt about that.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2019, 05:04:48 pm »

Hmm... IDK
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2019, 09:12:55 pm »

Actually Dwarf Fortress is merging with Cataclysm DDA making the biggest roguelike simulation game featuring zombie fort mode
Slaves to Carmageddon: God of War Chapter II: Dwarfcraft Fortnite

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2019, 11:56:36 pm »

DwarfCraft -  Dwarf Fortress Minecraft War/Starcraft!
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2019, 12:06:47 am »

Hmm... IDK

I'd buy a plushie of that TBH. Then again, I'm a weirdo who's into creepy stuff. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Rubik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2019, 06:07:33 am »

I mean, we'd get proper inventories and multi-tile drivable vehicules, so not even mad
if you add UnrealWorld to the mix, we get that sweet promised nutrition and farming revamp, and toady saves needing to add adventure mode health systems

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2019, 07:14:23 am »

Dwarfstone! A card game with a set of randomly generated and procedural cards every game set upon inputtable raws & archetypes.

> I cast my 3/2 goblin (when this creature dies, give 1 scrap) in for 2 gold pieces

> My opponent casts Elf 3/1 (all creatures are compelled to attack this creature instead of target) for one.

Randomly generated megabeasts, artifacts, spells and fully customisable to add even more cards.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2019, 07:29:39 am »

Cards Against Dwarfity
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14