Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Roleplay Winning Conditions  (Read 3388 times)

Oafsalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplay Winning Conditions
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2019, 06:30:06 pm »

Personally I see victory as multi generational forts. When my forts children have children I feel like I got somewhere.
If you like this game why not head over to https://www.patreon.com/bay12games/posts and make a small contribution?!

Gigaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 02:08:21 am »

Personally I see victory as multi generational forts. When my forts children have children I feel like I got somewhere.

In a similar way, I usually turn off the child caps and micromanage my dwarfs to marriage and then I let the fort grow until the FPS is too low for my liking. At that point I usually have around 100 adults and 200 children.

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2019, 12:00:33 am »

I roleplay a post-apocalypse scenario of modded human knights, the Templartallers. The end goal is to exterminate all non-human/dwarf/elf civs and have loads of kids. Let the Adamintine full plate roll.

Wombation

• Bay Watcher
  • My only friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 05:25:18 pm »

In a similar way, I usually turn off the child caps and micromanage my dwarfs to marriage and then I let the fort grow until the FPS is too low for my liking. At that point I usually have around 100 adults and 200 children.

My current fort is running like this. All the dwarfs in my fort are descendants of the starting 7. Gotten up to 107 and still counting, hoping for many more.

Anyways, here is an idea:

- RISE FROM THE ASHES: Gen a world which has a dead dwarven civ. Now start playing as that civ and conquer back all the holdings that previously belonged to said civ.
BONUS: Conquer all holdings belonging to enemies of your resurrected civ.
MEGABONUS: Instead of conquering your enemies. Annihilate them. No survivors.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 01:27:40 pm »

Actually that Megabonus is my current goal.

I coincidentally embarked within walking distance of all 3 goblin civs in the world. I am going to save the world from the goblin menace.

Unfortunately, I still can't crack a dark fortress with a demon living in it via military force. Hoping this is addressed in later patches, it basically makes them unassailable.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 08:28:14 am »

Got some ideas myself

Hell's Gate:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dangerous Recluses:
Kill anyone not of your fort (not including migrants, but including members of your own civ, i.e. outpost liasons, caravans, etc), living off of the spoils and attempting to stay alive as long as possible. You win if you are the last remaining fort in your civ and outlast the rest, or if you destroy 2 other civs entirely.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 09:09:29 am »

I lately started to embark above tunnels and build a safe entrypoint.
Usually i just try to build halfwayhouses on roads or bordertowers at the edge of our kingdom.
Sometimes i build straight at the edge of mountains to jungle and name my fort accordingly to something with "death of trees" or "burnt wood" "scream ashes" and create a symbol of 'dwarves burning wood while elves watch and cry' and then dedicate my fort to chopping all the trees and burning all the wood while making steel.
but my forts tend to either die too early or get boring.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)
Pages: 1 [2]