Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bionicle Mod Idea  (Read 764 times)

Felinedreams

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Artist of all Trades
    • View Profile
    • Twitter page
Bionicle Mod Idea
« on: April 15, 2019, 05:26:07 pm »

A mod idea that came up when my brother and I were talking about Dwarf Fortress was a mod for Bionicle. It may be a bit ambitious for a first actual mod but as a die-hard Bionicle fan, I am glad to take it on. As an extra challenge, I will also make a tileset/graphics set for it.

I plan for this mod to add 4 new playable races in both fortress and adventure mode:
  • Matoran/Toa/Turaga
  • Agori/Glatorian
  • Makuta
  • Vortex

Some but not all (because I don't want to get too ambitious with this) Rahi in the Bionicle series.

The new materials would be protodermis based like Energized Protodermis, Protodermis Liquid, Protodermis Metal.

I also hope to add viewpoints on Unity Duty and Destiny.

A new language will be added called Matoran and as a fun little piece, I might put a choice to have the Matoran Language as a font choice alongside the Voya Nui font.

The hardest part of this would be implementing the elements for the Toa, Turaga, and Matoran and making them be generated for the same fortress. I have seen something similar in the My Little Fortress mod files as well as the Fallout Equestria Redux mod, and I might use those as a reference to make this possible.

The tileset for this will be in a 16x16 format.
I am also making a graphics pack with this that I hope to fit into the Phoebus graphics.

Before you ask I haven't started to work on this, I want to see what people think about this idea before I start working on it. To be honest, my experience with modding dwarf fortress is with how I would mess with the raw files to change some things or even add or remove them to see what will happen so this might take a while.

Progress: Currently working on the creature_matoran.txt file along with the body_bionicle.txt and entity_bionicle.txt files. I am currently working on Ta-Matoran, Toa of Fire, and Turaga of Fire.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:51:49 am by Felinedreams »
Working on the Bionic-Fortress Mod

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bionicle Mod Idea
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 07:08:54 pm »

• Maskmaking-Makes masks out of protodermis
  • Protodermis Furnace Operator-a specialized furnace for smelting protodermis ore.
Just letting you know, you can't add skills to Dwarf Fortress. There are a couple of unused skills whose professions you can rename in order to fake adding a skill or two (Alchemy, Animal Caretaker), but aside from that you will have to stick with the currently available skills.

Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Felinedreams

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Artist of all Trades
    • View Profile
    • Twitter page
Re: Bionicle Mod Idea
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 10:06:10 am »

Thanks, I will keep that in mind, I could just make it fit into the furnace operating and metalcrafting skills.
Working on the Bionic-Fortress Mod