Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Cheesesplatter: A Succession Farm  (Read 47412 times)

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cheesesplatter: A Succession Farm
« Reply #210 on: May 01, 2019, 03:03:17 pm »

It would probably be a good idea to do so, yeah.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2019, 11:32:48 am »

Speaking of next player!

Add me.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2019, 05:21:51 pm »

At last! My very own farm! :D Peace, quiet, industry, and... and..  *reads last few chapters* Oh gods what have you people done?! :o  Looks like I got my work cut out for me.  I'll pick it up first thing Sunday morning and get started, hopefully can wrap up by next weekend.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2019, 05:37:08 pm »

At last! My very own farm! :D Peace, quiet, industry, and... and..  *reads last few chapters* Oh gods what have you people done?! :o
I nominate this for the quotes section.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2019, 09:23:35 pm »

I'd actually meant to contribute some intermittent journals, but recently started a new job, so I'm only just now getting a sense of this Fortress.  Between the tantrums and the wars, this place is shaping up to be even bloodier than the last farm.

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I get myself into these things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 05, 2019, 02:28:37 am »

Journal of Blitzgamer (soon to be) master armourer.

Another dwarf has been struck by inspriation from on high, and what do they do with it? Make a gem. A GEM. A single Milk Quartz. Sure it's perfectly cut, no wasted shards, yadda yadda, but what can you DO with it now? most likely it'll end up tossed in some stockpile somewhere and be forgotten about. Oh Armok, why do you forsake me? Gift me with your divine inspiration, and I would craft armor impenetrable to blade or blow, so that your champions may spill blood in your name.

[OOC: hey, can we get a list of our deities?]
Microline for everyone!

Hydrocyanide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2019, 05:07:36 am »

Someone asked for a list of deities? According to Legends, the mother civilisation of Cheesesplattered worships:
  • Laltur, god of minerals, jewels, wealth, trade and fortresses, usually depicted as a male dwarf
  • Nunur, god of mountains and caverns, usually depicted as a male draltha
  • Tobul the Mine of Sizzling, godess of metals and fire, usually depicted as a female dwarf
  • An the Whisper of Meditation, god of silence, usually depicted as a male dwarf
  • Genlath, god of jealousy, usually depicted as a male dwarf
  • Okang, god of longevity, usually depicted as a male dwarf

There are temples for all of them in Cheesesplattered, I believe, plus one non-denominational temple. Also, for some reason the god of silence inspired a lot of poems - I wonder if they have to be performed by pantomime?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 05, 2019, 06:06:30 am »

It might be theological satire.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 05, 2019, 02:43:31 pm »

*Author's note: Click the images to expand full size*

1 Sandstone, 254

Okang & Nunur, my head.  Ok, deep breaths.  Not the first time you've had a months-long blackout.  I can sweet-talk anybody, I think.  So long as it's not too much effort, anyways.

Oh hey now.  Who's that handsome devil?

Mmm, I sure know how to pick'm.  I do so love a man who knows how to apply a bit of tallow to his hair, get that slick grease look.  Ok, I'm in charge.  Again.  That's fine.  A farm isn't exactly magma science, this should be sweet & simple.  Let's have a look around, shall we?  Don't need a hooked nose to find where the animals are kept.  Wait, are the goats roaring? .. What?

Some genius has decided to keep our giant fucking tigers in the same pen as our goats, separated from the mules by a tree, and separated from the cows by a stiff breeze.  Whatever, they're not immediately killing each other, so it's fine.  Surely this Fortress, as the pinnacle of Dwarven farming prowess, will have well-organized and efficient kitchens & breweries.  Ah.. hmm.  Many of the surface plots are barren, and at least 1 is growing pineapples without seeds.  They just shoved the pointy fruity in upside down and hoped for the best.

If anybody in this Fortress can help me figure things out, it will be the military!  Highly trained, professional Dwarves.  Now I just need to find them.  Here's the main entrance, and...

And there is a floodgate blocking the corner, but they just dug around it.  As far as I can tell, our entire production floor is hanging from the side of a wall by a couple of stairs.  I found at least some of the military.  Rather miserable looking bunch.  Really unhappy, in fact.

Oh, of course! Silly me.  A previous overseer decided that our most emotionally vulnerable Dwarves should be assigned to the military, wait until the stresses of combat get the better of them, then stick them all in a cramped room with a single cabinet, a fucking teardrop-cut almandine, and open doors.  But don't worry folks! We're not in danger at all, because this ticking time bomb has a small pile of rocks to play with.

I swear, times like this make me wonder if my past lives ever had better luck.  Yeah, I bet in ages past I could have been a great architect, or a master of magma.  None of this 'immediately have to fix everything done by everyone over the past decade'.  Welp, let it never be said that I'm not determined.  Just need to grab a drink and get this place up to standards.  Now, I think I passed a bank of kitchens on my way down.  Let's just pop in here and.. oh.  Oh sweet merifcul Armok :o

WE ONLY HAVE FIVE AND A HALF THOUSAND URISTS OF BOOZE LEFT!!  That's barely enough to last a season.  Some of these ingrates are looking at me like I'm crazy, just b/c I was 'chosen' for this expedition due to being the only Dwarf in generations labeled a drunkard and was drinking every drop of that filthy mushroom wine.  When all we've had is mushrooms for longer than any Dwarf can remember, you need to make up for in quantity, so that you can properly forget.  I'm sure there's a lesson in that about the reason I ended up here in the first place, but no matter.

*rolls up sleeves*.  Mark my words Breadbowl III, I'm gonna show you what a true Dwarf can do with an army of farmers.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Whew! Ok then, this place manages to be simultaneously more compact and yet less organized than any Fortress I have played before.  For some reason my bracket key has stopped functioning, but I can still press shift-bracket to get the curly ones { }.  This means that editing is significantly more annoying than usual, and I need to get a new keyboard this week.  So you get a short intro, but I'm fairly certain I finish next weekend. Stay tuned!  Oh, and if anybody wants a status update and/or Dwarfing, now would be the best time, before I actually start playing.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2019, 03:44:17 pm »

Yeeahh! It is on!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for being here, my time machine broke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 05, 2019, 04:31:22 pm »

WE ONLY HAVE FIVE AND A HALF THOUSAND URISTS OF BOOZE LEFT!!

Zirilonol me: I envy you. I get along fine with about the same amount of people and only a thousand units of booze.
And thus was the dwarven meatshield invented.
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

Blitzgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I get myself into these things?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 05, 2019, 05:59:08 pm »

I'd like to see my dwarfs stats
Microline for everyone!

Trigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2019, 09:16:34 am »

Can I get dorfed as a male fisherdwarf that hasn't been drafted? Custom profession "Union Representative"

Basically fine so long as the majority of the skills are uselessly related to fishing.
I have not been dwarfed yet Immortal.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2019, 11:41:28 am »

The barren plots are because I was trying to start moving things underground/underglass. If the underglass farms are full, feel free to plant seeds in the aboveground plots.

I see why in-character you would not want tigers in with goats, but OOC there's only a problem if they are overcrowded, and I don't think they were, but I might be wrong.

Talking about the asylum, what do you mean, open doors? I guess I might have forgotten to close the outside door at the end of my turn, but they have four rooms for themselves, and (I think.) a tavern and temple (Maybe not the tavern), and the cabinet is giving them training, which seems to give plenty of happy thoughts, which is why I didn't bother spreading those guys out more. You seem to think they are only meant to have the one room.
Also, they are meant to engrave the place themselves for work thoughts, so the asylums might be a little unengraved now.

And about the booze amount, how are we supposed to get a larger amount of booze? We only have two or so carpenters at the moment, so they can't quite keep up with demand of barrels.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 02:48:24 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2019, 01:34:41 pm »

I figure the fact we have that much is due to the fact that a bunch of stuff wasn't able to be sent off due to caravan issues and war declarations.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22