Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32

Author Topic: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)  (Read 96281 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)
« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2019, 08:56:54 am »

Ah, yep, only other dwarf town was destroyed in the time before time in first 50 years. Then who we recieved caravans from?
By the way, poked around with adventurer myself, now that gates are open. First thing i see is a baron of Machineheat aka outpost liason. Apparently he never actually been in Machineheat.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Asking other dwarves about troubles gived me "lost treasure". Apparently, Methylatedspirit lost his named hammer somewhere. After a while, i found Methylatedspirit himself.
:o
Zombie queen wants her hammer, you say? Well, dwarves somehow atomsmashed insane trasher without ever noticing his corpse, but that's even worse.
Delph is already dwarfed, by the way.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:04:33 am by MCreeper »

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2019, 09:21:50 am »

Ah, it appears that dorf me is just as insane as current me. Carry on.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 18, 2019, 03:42:17 pm »

Does, by any chance, "as fast as possible" means "as fast as MCreeper"?  :P

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 20, 2019, 12:04:21 pm »

Any word, Blackchibisan?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2019, 06:32:01 am »

He hasn't even been on forums since taking hiis turn, so how about just giving save to next player?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 21, 2019, 06:40:30 am »

I don't like doing this, but:
Quote from: Blackchibisan's profile
Last Active:    [BLANK]
(My current timezone is 13 hours ahead of default forum time, you might see something different depending on your settings.)

As of this post, it's April 21 for me. Guy's been completely inactive for a whole [BLANK].
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 03:36:52 am by methylatedspirit »

Solitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2019, 09:06:12 am »

Hmm... I don't want to start my turn only to have him reappear and be annoyed that we proceeded without him. Then again, I also don't think we should wait forever. Do you think we should give him more time or have me start my turn?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2019, 09:36:41 am »

By our existing rules, Blackchibisan still has until this Saturday to complete his turn. I'm inclined to give him that much, but if y'all feel otherwise I suppose we could pass the turn along now. What say you?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Solitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2019, 09:40:00 am »

I suppose following the rules that he agreed to would be the most fair option, as we can imagine that he expects to be given that much time (assuming he will complete his turn at all). I say we wait until Saturday.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 22, 2019, 07:07:25 am »

Blackchibasan might have a bunch of family obligations this week as it's Easter. Which at least, would explain having radio silence for a week.

I've been meaning to do an adventure mode for a week or more, but got swamped by community obligations and haven't had any time for games. Hoping to post tomorrow.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 22, 2019, 06:39:18 pm »

I only ever play fortress mode.  I can manage just about anything that can happen in a fortress, but adv mode is like "Welcome to hell, asshole!" for me. Trying to play on an ACTUAL hellscape world? No.. I don't think I could do it. :P

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 22, 2019, 08:44:26 pm »

I only ever play fortress mode.  I can manage just about anything that can happen in a fortress, but adv mode is like "Welcome to hell, asshole!" for me. Trying to play on an ACTUAL hellscape world? No.. I don't think I could do it. :P

This is by far the most difficult world I've played in - even comparing to stupid amounts of mods - solely because I can only be a human (so basically no armor) and there's no food in the world except in Dawnthunder.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 22, 2019, 09:34:20 pm »

This is by far the most difficult world I've played in - even comparing to stupid amounts of mods - solely because I can only be a human (so basically no armor) and there's no food in the world except in Dawnthunder.
and there isn't always even food in dawnthunder

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 23, 2019, 01:45:02 am »

And we're off!

Strong-armed Kar and Tekkud Asizbomrek "Flashedwhip" venture from Dawnthunder into this blighted wasteland some call the Ocacular Planet!

The going is real rough, honestly. My strategy was mostly fleeing the instant an ambush arrived and trekking manually across mountains since they're mostly devoid of life/unlife. A swarm of angry undead elephants was enough for me to just patiently walk across the mountains.

Let's meet our companion, Tekkud, though -

Aww, what a sweet guy. I hope you don't die out here, buddy.

Kar drinks a bunch of wine and eats a handful of nuts before passing out on the ground. Ah, so like myself. Better find a nice place to lay down my head. This will do:

An interesting part of the long walk was seeing the horrible impossible landscape. Accursed fog boulders and devildust walls were everywhere. I found several mutilated great horned owls too. As I walked onto some flat ground to fast travel a bit, I found some sort of site.

There were a ton of coins from goblin civilizations on the ground here. I tried to find the entrance, but couldn't - this was a usual problem in this journey. I'm not sure where the entrances are for some of the sites - using just the compass for navigation. Possibly, there are hatches covered by some junk somewhere in here. Or it's the result of raw strangeness. Not really sure. I'm going to double check on legends to see if they were sites like Titan one or actual caves that perhaps I missed.
Some of the more interesting coins:

We continue walking - and finally, some hope appears on the compass.

It's not long before we find another impossible to enter site. I wander around and find a nice souvenir which I wear with pride.

The journey is pretty easy, just involves a lot of running. I'm not sure how Kar does it, as she is running with a barrel full of wine with nuts floating in it in one hand. Incredible. Tekkud and I only fought an undead weasel and some giant moles. The weasel was impossible to kill - every blow just glancing off. I eventually ran from it.

And then.

Glorious Machineheat!

What are these walls made of?

A tear comes to my eye. It's so similar to Dawnthunder. Now, to discover what destroyed this precious site.

There's food in the depot - which is an extremely pleasant find. The most precious resource in the world. It's almost all cheese.
There's a tavern on the surface level. It's empty of food and drink, but has some mugs and instruments scattered about.
I see something I can't even imagine.

We're in.

The halls are empty - some of strange materials, but mostly it's the usual stuff. There are some forges long forgotten and a room filled with pig cheese - I mark it mentally. I find some remnants of the old empire.

Tekkud and I hear something moving around in the fortress.
Could there be a survivor? A single lost soul? Somehow surviving the swirling chaos of the world below? Milking pigs and living off the cheese perhaps?

Uh oh.

See you next time when we encounter this stranger! Perhaps with violence!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 23, 2019, 02:08:20 am »

Sweet!

If possible, give us some stitched together floor plans of the place.  I am very curious.

(you know, now I am kinda curious...  I am gonna do some experiments to see if it is possible to rekindle some nearby sites using dfhack and an adventurer. Purely for science of course. I just want to know if it is even possible.  I know you can conjure up creatures (including sentients) with dfhack, and with gui/gm I can assign civ IDs on them... I just wonder if the game will acknowledge the spawned sentients as site pops.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 02:27:56 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32