Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)  (Read 95173 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)
« Reply #330 on: May 27, 2019, 05:07:55 pm »

'Tis done, sirrah!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--------------------------------

I'm thinking at some point I'd like to update the OP with summaries of people's turns, with links at appropriate locations. Maybe when I'm done with my turn.
And speaking of which, my first turn update should be up soon. Yayyy
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dawnthunder: We forty survivors
« Reply #331 on: May 27, 2019, 05:57:48 pm »

I first laid eyes on Dawnthunder in the year 1053, beguiled by wild tales of a maddwarf's vision taken life. I came here with bright eyes and joyous heart, seeking to take part in a new and magnificent history. I came here, expecting to find glory.

I did not find glory.

I found only death.

The year is now 1058, and not one of the great dreamers, the Founding Seven, survive. They lie dead, along with many others who believed, and now we forty survivors must somehow eke out a livelihood amongst the ruins of those wild, wild dreams.

For reasons beyong my understanding, my fellows have appointed me as mayor over them. I do not know why. Perhaps it is my disfigured face, my battered limbs, that make me worthy of the position-- perhaps these marks prove to these dwarves that I have suffered as they. I do not know. I do not know.

Last year, I had despaired of any hope for us. Our enemies were innumerable, our forces meager. In that dark hour, I did nothing, awaiting death or salvation... and salvation came to us, in a manner most bizarre.

I do not know how the "Lithotech" dwarves evaded the forces of the undead. They appeared in our dining hall without warning, without announcement, and revealed to us designs both cunning and fearsome. All that year they directed our labors, and in desperation we obeyed... and with wonder we witnessed the fruit of those strange designs! Five hundred of our foes, dead and mangled! Five hundred of our foes, dead beyond the land's clutches!

Ahh, there was much rejoicing then. The "Lithotech" dwarves have left us now, but they have proved to me this: dwarven cunning is better than dwarven rage. I am no Lithotech dwarf, but perhaps with patience I can learn to emulate their ways. Perhaps with patience, I too can bring hope to this ruinous land once more.

------------------------
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 07:24:00 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 27, 2019, 07:30:15 pm »

Welp, I decided to go ahead and pretty up the OP. We now have a much more extensive turnlist, complete with links to previous turns and snarky captions for each link!

klonk
Sigtext

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 27, 2019, 07:39:39 pm »

I'd like a dwarf in this fortress of pure insanity. A male militiaman, name him Dingus.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 27, 2019, 08:48:28 pm »

So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 27, 2019, 09:23:00 pm »

And that... is going straight into our shiny new Quotes section.  :o

Thank you for that delightful horror story. I'll have to watch out for those exploding merchants.

klonk
Sigtext

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 27, 2019, 09:50:01 pm »

Hope not, Superdorf, when I went to look at the corpses littering the new depot, DF locked up ...… not something you want to happen to your main story-fort.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 27, 2019, 10:09:13 pm »

I havent had exploding merchants...  I think you might have a mod installed or something.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dawnthunder: Strange geometries
« Reply #338 on: May 27, 2019, 10:20:25 pm »

I have little head for the intricate workings of dwarven engineering, and so I seek audience with Shorast the mechanic.

Shorast has much cunning about her, and her magnum opus, a bismuthinite artifact most wondrous, proved her a true legend in her chosen profession.

I explain my predicament to Shorast: I wish to slay our foes that yet roam the surface world...

...but I cannot expend priceless dwarven lives in so doing. I wish to slay the goblinfolk with cunning, and with machinery.

Shorast considers the matter, and provides to me two options. First, says Shorast, we could devise a long passageway into the fortress, and line it with insidious traps. The goblins would rush into the passageway, and there meet their end.

Second, says Shorast, we could raise liquid fire from the depths of the earth, and cast it over the land. My eyes widen, that such a thing should be possible!

I request that Shorast prepare designs for both undertakings; surely there is no harm in redundancy. With skill she lays out for me the necessary diggings, sketching with a sharp stylus strange geometries upon the slate wall.

I and my fellow miners will have much work to do this year. I only hope we can complete it all before another maddwarf takes up the overseer's mantle.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 03:40:08 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 27, 2019, 10:26:07 pm »

I'd like a dwarf in this fortress of pure insanity. A male militiaman, name him Dingus.

'Tis done!

You are legendary in your chosen weapon, hardened against all psychological trauma, clad in divine metal and adamantine, and bear seventeen kills to your name, undead all. The world shall fear your name!

...Y'know. Assuming you live that long.  ::)

klonk
Sigtext

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 27, 2019, 10:30:47 pm »

The "others" list had swelled to 1300 by the time the automated disposal unit was activated.

It's closer to 800 to 900 undeads that got mangled. :D  Just look inside with (k).  You will not be disappointed.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 27, 2019, 10:31:31 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

I would also like to be dorfed, thanx Superdorf, a part-time warrior armed with a large, copper serrated disc or some other trap component that might be available.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 28, 2019, 04:46:08 am »

Could I ask for a Dwarf? Male, preferably, a Cook or a smith or some such.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 28, 2019, 03:27:58 pm »

I would also like to be dorfed, thanx Superdorf, a part-time warrior armed with a large, copper serrated disc or some other trap component that might be available.

I'll be glad to! Only... how do I get a militia-dwarf to equip something that isn't a weapon?

Could I ask for a Dwarf? Male, preferably, a Cook or a smith or some such.

Done!

You're riddled head to toe with scars, and your hand doesn't work so good ever since it got bit by a zombie... but somehow you live yet, and you're quite the expert in your trade of choice. You produce high-quality aluminum furniture for the entire fortress, and pretty soon you'll be dabbling in weaponsmithing too.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:30:34 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 28, 2019, 04:14:30 pm »

I couldn’t be happier about Hammer Lord Dingus. I also really like how a good deal of his favorite things are yellow.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 04:17:49 pm by PsychoAngel »
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32