Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)  (Read 96046 times)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)
« Reply #390 on: July 04, 2019, 11:02:54 pm »

[edit] incidentally, why the hell do we have 327 slabs???

You can never be too prepared where DF is concerned.  One moment everything is fine and running smoothly, then, suddenly, everything is covered in blood, vomit, and on fire.

The real question is - at 327, do we have enough slabs?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 04, 2019, 11:12:12 pm »

[edit] incidentally, why the hell do we have 327 slabs???

You can never be too prepared where DF is concerned.  One moment everything is fine and running smoothly, then, suddenly, everything is covered in blood, vomit, and on fire.

The real question is - at 327, do we have enough slabs?
i know that very well, and it's true the fort has a high turnover rate but i only have around fifty or so dorfs currently in my save. Methyl is still going strong, though he's very lonely.
from the looks of it my turn is mostly gonna be decorating everyone's furniture.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 11:47:54 pm by nezclaw »
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 04, 2019, 11:56:12 pm »

On my turn, I noted lots of repeatedly rising zombies in the graveyard.  I kinda just turned on "make slab" and then forgot about it.  Well, Looks like we have enough to last awhile. That means "expedient ghost removal" is a thing.

I was more pre-occupied with getting the zombie masher working. (and to great effect too!)

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 05, 2019, 01:31:21 am »

thats about what i figured, yeah. still, the zombie masher works well and i've got tons of bone to decorate everyones furniture. too bad my save is unofficial, but seeing as i accidentally flooded the addy mine with magma that might be a good thing.
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

Solitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 10, 2019, 05:48:25 am »

I hate to disappoint you, but after trying to do my turn for a while, I just gave up in frustration. The game was far too laggy and I didn't know what to do. I even tried to sabotage the fortress just for fun by opening the gates for the goblins, but even then barely anything happened due to the lag. With the seemingly innumerable teeth, heads, corpses, etc. littering the map, doing anything required far too much time. Normally that doesn't bother me in Dwarf Fortress, but this time I could not find any interest due to this not being my fortress. Before this I had never done a succession game, and I did not recognize the importance of creating the fortress myself. This fortress's designs were not mine, it used mechanics I did not understand, and it was being played with a rule I don't use (i.e. no DFhack). I had no irrational attachment to this fortress, so it was uninteresting. I also am just generally not so interested in Dwarf Fortress at the moment, as I normally play the game intensely for a week or two and then lose interest for 6-12 months. That time of interest apparently has passed.

I apologize for the wait and disappointment. I thought I would be interested and complete large projects, but I just can't care anymore. The fortress was irreversibly damaged during my tenure, so I don't have a save file for you, as the fortress was almost destroyed. Just use the last save file uploaded here.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 10, 2019, 06:01:51 am »

OK then. I will take the fortress, and run an eternal-September vigil on it, and try to get FPS into playable levels. 

I will see about getting all the junk cleaned up, or at least properly micro-dumped.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 10, 2019, 06:54:15 am »

Solitarian, out of interest, what FPS it was for you? For me it was around 17.

Solitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 10, 2019, 10:22:09 am »

It was around 12-13, I think.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 10, 2019, 07:29:32 pm »

12-13 isnt all that bad, considering it ran at like, 3fps when I got it on my actual turn. :P

But yeah, there IS a lot of shit in the cleaners.  I will see about getting it all properly dump-stored.  (Use a minecart dumper with lots of manual hauling to load the cart. The cart moves forward, stops, and dumps, then gets kicked back and reloaded. All the gunk ends up in a single tile.)

Alright, I am busy planning a suitable minecart delivery system.  I think I found a suitable route to drive the cart that will take it to the level of the cleaners to the workshops, and back again. I should be able to drive it with another power plant on the sluiceway.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 02:53:40 am by wierd »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 12, 2019, 08:51:21 am »

With all the slabs, can we name the engravers 'Ghostbusters'?

I tried loading it up recently, and it caused my computer to spend considerable time thinking between each frame - like a good 10 seconds each. Not sure what's going on there, but if you clean it up a bit, I'll do another adventure session - but right now, I think it's unlikely I'd be able to get out of the fort.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 16, 2019, 02:24:26 pm »

i had an issue like that after branching off and making a new fort elsewhere and then playing adv mode. even after i pulled a killall command on the mobs.

i also played a fort to the point where it was down to i think 4 fps before i gave up.

and uh, a quick clarification before my turn comes up, it's okay if I have dfhack installed as long as I don't use any of the commands/scripts/plugins, right?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 18, 2019, 01:26:34 am »

I think so. At some point we may have to resort to using it to destroy some items to keep the fort alive though.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 19, 2019, 12:42:41 pm »

autodump into magma?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 19, 2019, 12:44:25 pm »

autodump into magma?
i'd not consider it too much cheating to autodump it next to the magmadump and have the dorfs dump it in the next step.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 19, 2019, 11:55:04 pm »

We can use autodump!?

If we agree to use autodump, I wont have to design a transport infrastructure to microdump all those corpse bits!!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32