Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32

Author Topic: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)  (Read 95515 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)
« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2019, 11:14:48 am »

I've run the numbers, and it turns out that around 40% of dwarves that have stepped foot in here have died. For a fort in its 4th year, that's "impressive". For a fort in an evil biome, though? That's pretty good, given the circumstances.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2019, 04:23:06 pm »

I don't think that there are any necro towers.  That needs humans to survive long enough to build one.. and well... Nothing but goblins can live on the surface.

Vindcara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2019, 06:22:31 pm »

Yeah, I'm not sure how, but the dwarves just ran out of plants at some point and I didn't notice until we ran out of drinks. I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that I never actually saw a farm... hence why I made a new one.

Also: I have a policy of banishing all tantrumers and sending them on an artifact recovery mission. (If they succeed I give them another chance) Unfortunately for Catten, he completely failed to find the only two artifacts in the world that we don't already own, so I had no choice but to send him off looking for a clown slab.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2019, 07:33:40 pm »

I'd like to point out I tried to build farms, but they didn't so I canceled the designation

Blackchibisan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2019, 12:02:58 am »

Why did you lock people in the caverns? That just seems like asking for dwarf zombies.... I really really really think that I'm probably the only one that will take this fort into the grave because not only have I never done a biome like this one before, but I can promise you my mega project will leave the door wide open for me to lose track of the dwarves themselves and probably have to lock ourselves away from dah zombehs.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2019, 05:56:00 am »

I really really really think that I'm probably the only one that will take this fort into the grave
I'm not saying that I want the fort to be destroyed, but it's gonna be spectacular if that happens.

Solitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2019, 07:09:57 am »

If you don't destroy the fort, I probably will. I have never used powered machines, never lived in a reanimating biome, never used magma forges, and barely used work orders. I hope that no expeditions were sent from this fortress, as that causes that equipment bug which makes militaries nearly impossible.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 02, 2019, 07:11:36 am »

I didn't INTENTIONALLY lock dwarves into the caverns, they were just in the caverns when I locked the gates

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 02, 2019, 10:01:56 am »

I hope that no expeditions were sent from this fortress, as that causes that equipment bug which makes militaries nearly impossible.

Uhh...

I have a policy of banishing all tantrumers and sending them on an artifact recovery mission. (If they succeed I give them another chance) Unfortunately for Catten, he completely failed to find the only two artifacts in the world that we don't already own, so I had no choice but to send him off looking for a clown slab.

...it's a little late for that now.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 02, 2019, 10:06:09 am »

I thought the equipment bug only occurs if your dorfs return? After all, it's not like the game has to keep track of dead dorfs.

Solitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 02, 2019, 10:40:36 am »

That's true. As long as their equipment never reenters the map, we are fine. The bug is connected to equipment lists becoming corrupted, so no return / no equipment means no problem. I think...

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 02, 2019, 10:45:49 am »

That's true. As long as their equipment never reenters the map, we are fine. The bug is connected to equipment lists becoming corrupted, so no return / no equipment means no problem. I think...
Hm... Catten was sent out twice, by Vindcara's word, and returned both times. He presumably (hopefully) took no military equipment with him at the time, though.

klonk
Sigtext

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 02, 2019, 03:55:19 pm »

What now? Core feature of the latest update is actually fatally bugged?  ::)
Also, remind me, what counts as eating decent meals in this version? Unfulfillable preferences?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 02, 2019, 04:00:45 pm »

What now? Core feature of the latest update is actually fatally bugged?  ::)
There are some bugs, yes. We're all hoping Toady'll get around to fixing them once he starts on fortress stuff again.

Also, remind me, what counts as eating decent meals in this version? Unfulfillable preferences?
Ayup. Decent meals are determined by food and drink preferences, and cooking a preferred item turns it into a legendary meal, according to the latest Stress & Psyche research over in Dwarf Mode Discussion.

klonk
Sigtext

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 02, 2019, 05:32:53 pm »

Dwarves walk around with their wounds sewn up with adamantine (brilliant arm is still better (c) someone on russian forum).

Someone somehow damaged rusted metal greaves (a troll, perhaps? It's covered with it's blood).

And queen is outraged by insufficient dining room (although previous overseer did work on it by placing aluminium statues in her quarters).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone else suffer from lack of alcohol and praying. Becuse we don't actually have a shrine. Before i figure all the stuff out, it will be in meeting hall. Dwarves begin to pray eagerly.

Unfinished projects are

fun (it was not me), and will likely remain unfinished. I'm just expanding present farm, the 5x5 one that is closer to the surface.
There is a drowsy wounded lye maker near meeting hall thinking about nightmares while being trampled by military.

There is also a non-magma forge down there spaming with coal requests. Removed it. I don't see the hospital (although i see legendary medic. That's impressive), so i made one in the graveyard, among blood and teeth and ears and toes. They will like that, no doubt (What the hell has happened there?)(Turns out, lye maker were in hospital, but screw that).

Turns out, we have multicolored metal block. Is it from caravan?

Damned queen feels gulty from starting a fist fight, and feels nothing while in it. Abominable.
That's where wounds keep coming from:
Queen scratches!
Queen kills!
Queen needs to be put down! Somehow. She doesn't want to go into burrow. She can't be assigned as   
a captain of the squad. So, the one-legged trapper Mistem Tombgifted will be sacrifeced for this. No one will miss him.
Blacksmith cleans up the blood. Other dwarves pilfer soap maker's clothes.
EDIT: Ugh... Reanimating biome is all over the map, is it?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 10:23:10 am by MCreeper »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32