Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32

Author Topic: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)  (Read 93870 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)
« Reply #420 on: August 13, 2019, 06:56:49 pm »

Hooray, migrants! The underdark has not forgotten us!

Draft the useless-ish migrants as extra hammerdwarves. We'll need 'em.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 13, 2019, 09:02:58 pm »

Imic shakes the goblin cage in irritation.
"Why aren't you dropping your armor??"

(in other words i'm trying to strip them of their armor to melt before dumping them in magma, but it doesn't seem to be working)
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 13, 2019, 09:41:39 pm »

The next months went smoothly enough. Traps were built, the farms were growing some different crops than plump helmets, the millstones had been set up, and a refuse stockpile had been built to hold the spoils from the Cleaners, as the bait animals had died. In the meantime, Nezclaw had heard many dwarves griping about not being able to pray, or hang out with people.
So, on the second of Malachite, she declared a holiday.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Translation: I made a burrow over the tavern and locked them in. then I realized there weren't any beds and canceled.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 10:31:44 pm by nezclaw »
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 14, 2019, 12:35:27 am »

Hooray, migrants! The underdark has not forgotten us!

Draft the useless-ish migrants as extra hammerdwarves. We'll need 'em.

You jinxed it!  >:(
No migrants came during the summer!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 14, 2019, 01:36:56 am »

clearly, we need to entice them with exports.

The next time the trade caravan arrives, just freaking flood them with master-crafted bone doodads, encrusted with menacing spikes of zombie tooth.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 14, 2019, 01:37:06 am »

also would anyone object if i hacked magma in to destroy the piles and piles of teeth in the caverns? because uh...
there's a lot of teeth there.

clearly, we need to entice them with exports.

The next time the trade caravan arrives, just freaking flood them with master-crafted bone doodads, encrusted with menacing spikes of zombie tooth.
the key there being IF it arrives.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 14, 2019, 01:40:57 am »

Personally, I would be down with using dhack's dump command to sort and dump the "materials" in the cleaners. Otherwise, it will take literal game years to haul and transport.

They could be quantum dumped right next to a workcenter that way, and all would be well with the world.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 14, 2019, 01:47:28 am »

this isn't even in the cleaners. this is out in the caverns where the dwarves cannot reach. just. piles and piles of hungry head teeth. destroying  my framerate.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 14, 2019, 01:50:25 am »

Hmm.. can still be done with autodump, just done using the draw selection dump command over the cavern layers, then dumping over magma. Less risk of setting the caverns on fire.

I'll do a no-stakes test to see how much it improves framerate.

Controlled testing showed negligible (maybe 1fps?) improvement from destroying all the teeth, skeletons, bodies, et al., in the caverns.

exterminate undead, however, brought FPS from ~15 up to 41.

We just need to get more undeads into the cleaners. exterminate says it eliminated 265 undeads.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:48:22 am by wierd »

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 14, 2019, 12:30:23 pm »

right. unfortunately the bait has died and i'm not sure how to reload the carts.

incidentally, in order to strip goblins of weapons and armor you hit d-b-d right?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 12:45:35 pm by nezclaw »

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 14, 2019, 01:35:52 pm »

Summer Report, 3 Limestone 1059

Progress has continued apace, despite flagging morale.
The Traphalls are coming along nicely. It was suggested to add some stonefall traps, as there's only a limited amount of cages.
The Cleaners have been deactivated, and a refuse pile was built to the side of the Atom Smasher to hold corpses to process.
Additionally, a furniture stockpile was dug out in order to encourage the decoration of the forts furniture. Well decorated and good quality furniture creates good thoughts, after all, and this fort needs all the positivity it can get.
We had a strange mood! Valued at 27600.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 14, 2019, 02:39:58 pm »

actually while we're on the subject of autodump, you think it would be fair to autodump the goblinite next to the forges?

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 14, 2019, 08:08:54 pm »

Sad news today. The wife of Alath Bomreklilar, Edzul Sigundakas, perished in an unfortunate encounter with the traphall bridges. Our hearts go out to her husband.

(I'm assuming there was a bridge accident, as there's nothing else i could think of that might do it. I keep taking breaks and wandering off to let it run since the framerate's in the single digits, and when i came back after a couple minutes i noticed we were down a dwarf)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 14, 2019, 10:37:43 pm »

The minecarts start magically as soon as you pull the "start/stop" lever.  It's super easy.
 You just need to re-bait the trap.

I had been considering an upgrade to the cleaner's bait mechanism, by adding a pen/pasture area of fairly large size just to the left of the cleaners, and making use of the "advanced attractor" door.  Said door would open straight into the pen, which would then have its own door.  they could be connected with a narrow, trap-lined, corridor.  That should be able to catch any errant zombies that make it through the smasher.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 10:46:27 pm by wierd »

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 15, 2019, 12:05:15 am »

I could probably rig that up. I already went ahead and separated the male and female animals to curtail reproduction.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32