Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advance World Gen - Reducing amount of Necromancer Towers?  (Read 1068 times)

srifenbyxp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Advance World Gen - Reducing amount of Necromancer Towers?
« on: March 03, 2019, 05:48:46 am »

Any ideas on how to reduce necromancer towers in world gen? I wanted to spice things up with the calendar and see something more than the age of myth/legend so I set mega-buddies to 1/1/1 (Mega/semi/titan), however, this somehow caused necromancers to explode in tower population on a small map, the last map I generated had 21 towers in just the right spacing across the map to at a first glance almost always incur a undead siege. I set secret types to 0, savagery to 25 and played around with the number of civs (30 - 75) but so far no luck.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 05:50:56 am by srifenbyxp »

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Re: Advance World Gen - Reducing amount of Necromancer Towers?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 06:07:14 am »

Are you sure these are necromancer towers and not goblin dark fortresses?
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

srifenbyxp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 08:57:42 am »

that I am certain.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 04:40:35 am »

I honestly didn't know there is any way to control necro towers during advanced world gen.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

trib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 03:23:29 pm »

Set the number of secret types to 0 if you want no necromancers. Necromancers is the only secret type so that controls it.

Edit: I see that you did too that, other than that I have no idea. That is the only thing that controls it in world gen as far as I know.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 03:25:01 pm by trib »

srifenbyxp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 03:35:44 am »

Alright so this time when I set it to 0 no towers, nice. Sad that I have to choose between no spooks or massive amounts over the course of 1300 years.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 12:32:39 pm »

It's an unusual complaint, as the most common one is that there are too few of them (not that this helps you, of course)... However, keeping the number of secrets low, but above zero, ought to reduce the number of towers in your strange world. While the number of secrets doesn't stop spread of the knowledge "downwards", it reduces the number of necro spawn trees.

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for being here, my time machine broke.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 06:08:11 pm »

Could we see this world?
And thus was the dwarven meatshield invented.
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).