Method One!
- 3 (60%)
Method Two!
- 1 (20%)
Method Three!
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Romance Dawn! The Formation of the _______ Pirates! One Piece RPG OOC  (Read 4327 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Wealth, fame, power... Gold Roger, the King of the Pirates obtained this and everything else the world had to offer. And his dying words drove countless souls to seas.

"You want my treasure? You can have it! I left everything I gathered together in one place! Now you just have to find it!"

These words lured men to the Grand Line in pursuit of dreams greater than they've ever dared to imagine! This is the time known as 'The Great Pirate Era'!

**Insert Upbeat Anime Opening here**

Well, I'd like to say more, but we don't have the characters yet! That part is left up to you! One Piece! The almost 900 episode anime that has graced my Sundays for the last god-knows-how long, and will continue to do so until one of us dies! Conveniently, this serves as a great reminder to update my game at least once a week. Something I sorely lack when I make homebrew settings!

For those of you who don't know (why are you thinking about playing if you don't know the setting :V?), One Piece is a pirate-themed shonen anime about a stretchy pirate who shouts gun types and punches things. I appreciate the gun part, the punching part is also cool I guess. Over the course of its 22 year long run, it has created a rather extensive and quirky setting. There is plenty of room in this world for more than one story, so we are kicking the rubber guy out of the spotlight and putting your likely-to-be-less rubbery guys in instead! Theoretical starting point is West Blue, with me and you inventing our own characters and Island rather than reusing those from the show.

Mechanic wise, I'm stealing the system from Feng Shui II. The first rule is "Be Cool", it is a cinematic system for a cinematic story. "I punch him!" is boring, feel free to lovingly describe how you punch him, how he crashes into the nearby scenery leaving a crater, demolishing a building that wasn't detailed before, and sends the background characters running away shouting about how you're going to destroy the city. The actual mechanical rules are also pretty simple. Basically, you have an attack stat. You have a defense stat. You roll a "Swerve", 1d6-1d6 exploding. If your attack stat is higher than your enemie's defense stat, you hit! The difference is how well you hit. If you hit a mook or multiple mooks, they're out. Either dead or KOed depending on how you roll. If it is a "named character", then you add your weapon damage to the difference between your attack + roll and their defense to get the damage. You then subtract the target's Toughness to see how hard they got hit. You tend to be able to take a lot of punishment, so long as you arn't a mook!

Final two stats are Speed, which determines how often you can hit things, and Fortune which powers your special moves and can be spent to give an extra + die to your attack. Speaking of Special Moves, you are expected to rename yours and shout them when they are being activated. Even if you have something in your mouth that should logically prevent you from shouting. These are the basic rules, there are some simple things that I'll explain later (like "Dodging", spending 1 shot to increase your defenses against a single attack), it really is easy to pick up (and the Discord will help!)

Character creation is simplified. Basically you give all the character descriptions and see what archetype you are closest to. Since we are diverting greatly from the established setting, you have blanket permission to change things fairly drastically. For example, if you want your character to be a Swordsman, you can pick the "Swordmaster" archetype then rename "Rippling Death" to "Hurricane Slash!". Or you could pick the "Killer" archtype and switch out the gun abilities for sword abilities. Or you could throw a bunch of things together and hope I accept it. A list of Archtypes will be in the discord, we can discuss it over PMs if you don't want to use that.

All devil-fruit powers will be allowed, including ones already seen in series. Generally as a balancing act, the more powerful your starting power is the less control you will have over it. Want the power to make earthquakes? Sure! Make earthquakes all day! Just know that shaking the island is also going to hurt you and your allies too! These can either be represented by taking a Magic class and flavoring your skills appropriately (for someone who uses the abilities near-exclusively) or by switching out one of your abilities for an appropriate one for your powers. For example, if that Swordsman above wanted to also be a Zoan fruit user, he can switch out "Hurricane Slash!" for "Transform I", letting him switch into beast/half beast form. He could later take some appropriate "creature" abilities, in addition to the swordsman tree. Meanwhile the Earthquake guy could pick a "Sorcerer", then paint his "blast" as him slamming into the ground causing directed fissures or earthquakes while replacing all his abilities for more appropriate ground-based ones (For example, choosing "Ice Blast" but calling it "Faultline!", and describing it as making a large fissure the enemy has to crawl out of).

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Discord link!
IC Link! Not just a placeholder. Do click that.

~Character List~

Spoiler: Trimagic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SpinyNerd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: IcyTea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KitRougard (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Detoxicated (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tyrant Leviathan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 12:24:50 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Romance Dawn! The Formation of the _______ Pirates! One Piece RPG OOC
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 11:33:38 am »

Reserved for Character Sheet.
Spoiler: Seems mostly done. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 01:59:00 pm by TricMagic »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 01:20:39 pm »

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 12:16:14 am »

The discord link does not appear to be working.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 12:18:59 am »

The discord link does not appear to be working.

Just tried it and it seemed to work.

New Link/Updated just in case.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 12:48:51 am »

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 11:27:35 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 03:10:43 am »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 04:17:23 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 07:29:49 pm »

Alright! Three sheets are in. Helmsman, navigator, and uh, Quartermaster? Not actually sure what Buddy's job is!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 08:01:45 pm »

Probably quartermaster. Maybe fence.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 09:43:48 pm »

*Finally revs up to do the thing and sends PM. Uh, sorry I can't Discord, I hope that's not a killer.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 02:28:36 am »

Your signature??

Quote from: Discord, #laguz-test-game
KitRougard: Grae: "Uh, where were we supposed to go again?"
Everyone else: "I don't quite remember..."
Milos: Shaky breath of relief
Gigla: "Shit. Well, guess we just go back home." and thus BMM completed another FEF
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 10:57:12 am »

Clearly the test lasgun hit a shield and explode, taking discord with it

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 03:21:24 pm »

Heh, I USED to have a computer, now I have a trashy phone that can't run anything worth jack fiddly.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 06:26:57 pm »

Heh, I USED to have a computer, now I have a trashy phone that can't run anything worth jack fiddly.

Isn't discord like, made for phones :V?

Anyways, just need any additional things you want. If you're fine with just the standard Sword Master specials, you can post your sheet here. Just use "Sword Master" for the archtype.

Pages: [1] 2 3