Method One!
- 3 (60%)
Method Two!
- 1 (20%)
Method Three!
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Romance Dawn! The Formation of the _______ Pirates! One Piece RPG OOC  (Read 4329 times)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Romance Dawn! The Formation of the _______ Pirates! One Piece RPG OOC
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 06:58:40 pm »

Name: Okamo Sawrudo
Description: An imposing bear (or wolf) of a man, with long grey hair left loose and wild-trained muscles that could maybe tear a tree in two. Has to shave constantly.
Backstory: Okamo was from a small island rich in resources... And dangerously near the Grand Line, so it was always being raided by some pirate crew or another. One day, on his 18th birthday, the raiders of the day took it a step further and began to burn the village. So in a bid for power, Okamo snuck onto their ship, hearing they had a Devil Fruit on board, and consumed the Howl Howl Fruit. The resulting transformation gave him plenty of strength to tear apart the pirates... And the survivors of his village. In the aftermath of his rampage, he tried to swim away from the island, to deny what he had done, but found he sunk like a rock. So he took the pirate's ship, and sailed off with a death wish in his bloody hands.
Archetype: Sword Master, although with a wild, werewolf twist - He petfers transforming only his hands and using his claws to an actual sword, and he's mastered a style he made himself - "Rising Moon Style."

Notes: Fears the full moon, which brings about another uncontrollable transformation like so long ago.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 07:28:57 am by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 10:22:12 pm »

Lets say start....Sunday! The start of Spring Break!

Still deciding on starting method. Feel free to give your input.

Method one: Clipshow style. We start with one or two guys and add on everyone else in a quick rapid-fire one or two paragraphs with some back and forth roleplaying to explain how this group came together, who the captain is, and other details of the group.

Method two: You all meet in an Island. Fate conspires to bring everyone to the same place, bring them together on a single ship, and have them work together afterwords. Everyone starts as a stranger, leaves as a crewmate.

Method three: Don't bother none. The crew comes out fully formed from the ether and is already established and adventuring at the start of the game. How everyone came together is left vague, you've been together for some time and possibly have some adventures that may or may not be elaborated on in the future.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 11:56:40 pm »

If you do use method 3, be sure to mention the Plot Plot fruit or something.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 02:37:36 am »

I'd prefer a quick and dirty method. Feng Shui is designed for a pace of maximum overdrive, so slow scenes should be minimised. If we do go with a "start as strangers" method, there should be a sort of "be friends or die" situation to ensure we don't stop to consider how to tie our shoelaces.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 07:30:36 am »

And DONE!
I've always been partial to the slow addition of characters myself, like how the show does it. I would say either A or B.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2019, 01:48:04 am »

In either case, we would probably eventually have a "Captain" in addition to your other positions.

Anyone particularly interested? There was probably something else I was supposed to ask but didn't. Still need to figure out the starting method, then deploy said method!

It is late. I probably should have posted earlier.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 02:52:25 am »

I wouldn't mind my character being the captain of the ship he controls. Who knows, maybe his full name is Gauvain D. Vert.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2019, 03:33:29 pm »

Poll up! Starting using the Poll's suggestions later tonight.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2019, 03:35:45 pm »

I wonder if could do magic gun slinger who are a fruit that is Reptile/dinosaur deal?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2019, 03:41:37 pm »

I wonder if could do magic gun slinger who are a fruit that is Reptile/dinosaur deal?

Reptile/dinosaur fruits are a thing, magic not so much. You could use special bullets/guns and steal some of Usopp's techniques, use dials, or dress up as a magician if you would really like.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2019, 03:51:08 pm »

Name: Tam Te Chin
Description: Indecisive about their gender, Tam is a thinly built Long haired blonde with tight clothing. Their Piercing Blue eyes have Long eyelashes.
Backstory: Always picked in AS a child, Tam did Not Like growing Up. Lucky for them that an old man took to them and began teaching them in Karate. He also discovered that Tam Had a Talent for Reading Maps and predicting the weather. The old man paid for a Navigator teacher. Inspired by Bon Curry, another Like him and a Hero too, they decided to travel the world and be a pirate.
Archetype: karateka Navigator
Skills: Karate, Navigation and Witty Remarks
Dreams of Meeting Bon Curry and finding a good devil fruit to eat

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2019, 04:56:56 pm »

Description: Indecisive about their gender, Tam is a thinly built Long haired blonde with tight clothing. Their Piercing Blue eyes have Long eyelashes.
Backstory: Always picked in AS a child, Tam did Not Like growing Up. Lucky for them that an old man took to them and began teaching them in Karate. He also discovered that Tam Had a Talent for Reading Maps and predicting the weather. The old man paid for a Navigator teacher. Inspired by Bon Curry, another Like him and a Hero too, they decided to travel the world and be a pirate.

Probably either a Karate Cop (minus the cop parts) or a Martial Artist. Add on navigation skills. You'll probably have to fight a small child for navigation rights.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2019, 05:09:05 pm »

Probably either a Karate Cop (minus the cop parts) or a Martial Artist. Add on navigation skills. You'll probably have to fight a small child for navigation rights.

Elice: "Hello."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2019, 06:45:56 pm »

"Oh hello little one."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2019, 12:34:04 am »

Two votes! I don't think I'll start tonight. Give another day for the votes to go through >_>

Pages: 1 [2] 3