Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf not leaving for a mission?  (Read 1809 times)

Shazial

• Bay Watcher
  • *hic*
    • View Profile
Dwarf not leaving for a mission?
« on: March 04, 2019, 01:36:54 pm »

An interesting thing happened in my fortress - I sent several squads two days out to save my poor necromancer squad (that got captured by humans..), but in one squad there's a dwarf that didn't leave with her squad, and is just.. hanging around in the fortress? She goes through the Military Schedule of training - inactive, and rest of the squad is out marked as traveling.

I think this is also why the mission won't complete, and I've been waiting for folks to return for two weeks now (I know they haven't been captured, the Civilization screen only shows the two necromancer captives, and I have a hard time believing a hamlet of 100 can stand up to 50 fully adorned, mostly elite military dwarves).

Is there a way for me to force her out into the world so the squads can do what they are supposed to do, or should I just... track her to a deep dark hallway and kill her? Would that fix the issue?

[EDIT]: The squads finally returned. Apparently the amount of loot slowed them down.. still the one dwarf spent all her time leisuring around being all Urist McLazyPants while the others did all the raiding. Never seen that happen before.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 02:33:12 pm by Shazial »
I'm surrounded by lunatics who don't even need a moon.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf not leaving for a mission?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 03:48:55 am »

Maybe she's stressed?  I had a dwarf not go on any syicide missions who was quite unhappy, so it might be a factor.