Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [44.12] SQ's Barometz  (Read 1214 times)

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
[44.12] SQ's Barometz
« on: March 05, 2019, 04:33:55 pm »

I've been tweaking and tinkering with raws for some time now, but this here is the first mod that I can truly call my own.

Barometz, more commonly known as the vegetable lamb of Tartary, is a legendary plant said to grow sheep as fruit. The sheep would graze on grass around its mother plant, and once all grass within its reach was eaten, both plant and sheep would die.

The fruit-sheep needs to be butchered in the farmer's workshop before it can be eaten, but if a dwarf goes through that hassle, he'll be pleasantly surprised that it's more than just a plant pretending to be an animal.

Download link

Technical stuff:
  • The barometz creature is only there so butchering the plant yields barometz materials; it shouldn't actually exist. I could have used sheep meat, but barometz is supposed to taste different. I may half-ass stuff sometimes, but not this time.
  • It's impossible to make reactions create bones or skulls, from what I gather. If it was possible, I would have definitely made the barometz have bones.

If anyone wants to use this in their own mod for some bizarre reason, go ahead. I'd appreciate a credit though.