Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't find this mod...  (Read 679 times)

Digganob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't find this mod...
« on: March 05, 2019, 11:05:39 pm »

So at one point I think I saw a screenshot of someone's dwarf fortress game, but I can't remember where I saw it. So what I saw in their screenshot was a visual mod that, instead of the normal dots and blue pits that you would see representing the z-levels below, the levels below the current one were darkened to give the illusion of depth, and I thought this looked really cool. This would be a game changer for me, as I'm new and things like the caverns are still incredibly confusing to navigate, battles are hard to follow when they happen on the side of hills, and I personally don't like viewing my towering, formidable above ground castle as a single layer from a bird's eye view. Anyone know what mod this is?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find this mod...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 03:54:28 am »

I'm not sure about the specifics but what you describe seems like Text Will Be Text's multilayer view.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 04:54:46 am »

It is text will be text, I think I heard it was merged into dfhack now? Idk. It should be automatically enabled if you play the lazy newb pack(my best guess at the name) or Mephs tileset with the launcher.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 03:16:44 pm »

Yeah, it's not a mod, it's a dfhack plugin. In theory it works with any tileset.

The most completely graphical set with it would be mine (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161047.0), if you like Ascii-like graphics more, I do recommend DragonDePlatinos Gemset (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150753.0)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Digganob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 10:09:01 pm »

Hey thanks you guys, I managed to install the plugin and it's working perfectly!