Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [44.xx] Snowdrift's Merperson Improvements  (Read 1991 times)

Snowdrift

• Escaped Lunatic
  • [REACTION:DISGUISE_ELF]
    • View Profile
[44.xx] Snowdrift's Merperson Improvements
« on: March 07, 2019, 12:54:54 pm »

(DFHack is not required for this!)

Download Link:http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14288

This mod simply adds a new merperson to the game by the name of merfolk (singular and plural). Aside from having adding the baseline for mannerisms and civilization capability, it primarily adds the colored, scaly tails (and fins!) that they're intended to have. They also have more fantastic hair colors added, prefstrings, and attribute bonuses.

TO INSTALL: Simply copy the contents of raw/object into your DF install's corresponding folder. Bam. Now you have actually fishy mermaids.

In the Extra Files folder is a copy of creature_default with the base game merperson removed. If you copy it into raw/objects, you'll see only my version with the scaly tails. This may break compatibility with other mods if they also change creature_default.

This was done as a layout for an underwater-civ idea (it's been had before, many times,) and I just wanted to put this out there. The full plan is to make a two-legged land transform for them, but the only way I can trigger the syndrome to do that is by DFHack. I'm currently holding off on learning it for now, so we just have this. (I'll get to it at some point. This was also made to help learn the body raws, which it definitely taught me.)

I plan to add scale definition (cycloid,ctenoid), hippocampi (fish-horses), and when I start working with DFHack, kelpies. Not now, but at some point.

Credits:
If you want to use this in a modpack or whatever, feel free to ask or even just use it- I don't care very much. Credit would be appreciated, but this mod is really simple anyhow. Just wanted to stick it up here for other people to use as a flavor mod.

Works for all DF 44 . xx versions as far as I know. I've only tested it on 44.09 and 44.12. Let me know if it doesn't work on earlier versions. In fact, just let me know whenever it doesn't work- I occasionally make mistakes.

~Snowdrift