Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade Depot: All stocked boss!  (Read 849 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Trade Depot: All stocked boss!
« on: March 07, 2019, 09:49:33 pm »

Simply, a notification that all goods that you selected for trade have made it to the trade depot would be nice. For particularly large forts, forts with lots of ups and downs, or players with bad FPS, it can be hard to guess when the job is done.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trade Depot: All stocked boss!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 02:40:13 am »

It's fairly easy to do using vanilla functionality: I regularly check the Jobs list (about every 5 days, although it's easier to do that when you have a date displayed on the UI) to see how many pages of depot hauling jobs there are to make an estimate of when it's going to be done, in particular when it's nearing the time of a caravan depart warning.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 08:48:06 am »

It's definitely not too hard, and depends on your design, too. I generally have the trade depot in an area most dwarves don't go, so as long as I see people stomping that way, I know it's not done.
I just thought of it as a quality of life improvement that can't be too hard to implement.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 02:08:01 am »

+1

I've lost track of how many times I've received the "caravans will be departing soon" message, suddenly reminding me that I had been waiting on depot hauling. (Naturally, the designated broker is always asleep at that moment.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 02:15:44 am »

Oh yes. Want this please.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 09:02:59 am »

+1.  Yes please.  Anything to make Trading slightly easier.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!