Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventures of... lord "nameless"? What is happening?  (Read 2383 times)

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventures of... lord "nameless"? What is happening?
« on: January 20, 2019, 07:03:26 pm »

In adventure mode, day slate 19th, my dwarf was still named "Zas Thosbutolon Tholtigidek Engig".

It was in elven town. First my dwarf went swimming to legendary level and then when achieving it, he went to recite poetry. He leveled speech, but not poetry form I was working on. It was under the tree upon which resided elven rulers, diplomat and such. I think I convinced queen to nuances of nature too.

Next day at dawn, slate 20th, my dwarf suddenly is named "nameless" and in description, where suppose to be his name, is only his rank "lord".

What did I do wrong?
What did I break it?
How do I fix it?

I find nothing in wiki about it. Is it a bug?

PS. I have already one known bug to report, when sleeping in hillock of one of your companions doubles him. Had to break agreement and make a new one to make him follow me again. To trace this bug will be a harassment. Rumor list becoming too long or maybe pages of feelings got so long that it pushed the name out... It feels right now like giving up on this adventure. The spank is missing :(
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:16:49 am by Sarmatian123 »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures of... lord "nameless"? What is happening?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 10:20:24 pm »

hmm I do remember the give identity option is in the talk section of Adventure mode, have you tried giving yourself a new ID or see if you didn't accidently give yourself one?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 12:24:52 am »

Rumrusher, you're life saver. Indeed. Someone had to talk to me during recitations. Probably an elf... too. Thanks!

I had to reroll to a wee earlier save, because when I was with "nameless" I gave myself custom nick "Zasie". When I went back and removed alter identities, I got only "Zasie" as name. So I removed customization. After that there was no name. Not even "nameless". Though I tried to removed alternative names again... To no effect. Odd.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 06:27:01 pm »

Why not just stick with Zasie? What's the harm in a custom name?

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 06:29:56 am »

The names tend to change with time. Evolved by some algorithm in game. Naming your dwarf, when under cover, clearly breaks that loop and when you drop cover id, then there are some name bugs. You are not returning to your original name for some reason. A bug?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 07:36:43 am »

A Lord without a name? I guess it means that you have become He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.
So now your mission to purify the world of other races. Quell the dissenters and gather support, ere the bogeymen get hungry. Strike the elves!