Advanced search  

Poll

well?

right
left
both
none

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: which is your hand of skill?  (Read 2691 times)

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caz is running a psyops
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 01:06:08 am »

Right. I was whacked with a twelve meter long wooden rule as a child when trying to print with my left hand.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: which is your hand of skill?
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 06:22:28 am »

Right dominant but I can print legible writing with my left if necessary.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 07:21:47 am »

I'm right handed, but I need both hands to hold back my to make awful masturbation jokes.
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Caz is running a psyops
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 08:14:19 am »

Right. I was whacked with a twelve meter long wooden rule as a child when trying to print with my left hand.
... a roughly thirty six foot long ruler? Were you writing outside or just in a really big room?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 08:23:18 am »

Now that I think of it, 12 meters? 1200 centimeters? A ruler the length of 125 80 15cm rulers put together? How'd that thing not snap in half under its own weight? Longest ruler I've seen is just 1 meter long.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 08:31:09 am by methylatedspirit »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 08:39:31 am »

Most rulers are at least 1.80m in my country
Love, scriver~

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 08:55:54 am »

Hold on, 1.80m? What is the need for something that long? I'm shorter than your country's rulers, if that's the case.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2019, 08:58:05 am »

This is the best series of miscommunications and deadpan jokes I've seen in awhile.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 09:04:42 am »

We use rulers that long to rule whether or not our rulers are longer or shorter than the average length of rulers
Love, scriver~

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2019, 09:14:33 am »

That explains the strange number. You guys apparently take every damned ruler in the world, you measure them, then you plug them into this computer, I guess, then it spits out 1.8m as an answer. Every ruler, including the ones built for dick-measuring contests, else I don't know you got anything more than 1m as the average.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2019, 01:23:33 pm »

No yardsticks, no rulers, no measuring tapes.

Obligatory: my dick measuring ruler is so big it's behind you.

I am slightly baffled by comments about handwriting, I don't get the sense that I'm vastly younger than most of you folks so I am confused why any of you have any reason to actually write anything beyond fucking block print or occasionally legible chickenscratch in a pinch.

I juggle and drum and do a lot of freehand woodcarving, there are lots of things I can do well right or left handed. *suggestive eyebrow waggling intensifies until the missus hits me with a chair*

Writing is not something I could realistically pick out a superior limb to use, I could probably write as legibly with my toes at this point as I could with either hand, it is a skill I am never going to use again and those chunks of brain storage were replaced with shit that's actually useful like being able to freehand a circle, draw a straight line over a foot or more of rough material, or eyeball a 30, 45, or 90 degree angle.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2019, 03:52:09 pm »

In my case, I'm still in school, so I have no choice but to use my garbage handwriting.
Also, I've developed a liking for math, and I don't know of any note-taking apps that support mathematical notation. Plus, I scribble my ideas on paper to find some kind of exploitable pattern, a thing that I can work with to get one step closer to a solution. That, or it goes completely off the rails, and I end up somewhere unexpected. Same difference.
Simply put, I'm just more used to writing on paper. My "creative process", as it is, is at its best when scribbling on paper.

I can't draw to save my life, so I chose something else to screw around in.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2019, 04:19:19 pm »

Depends on what you mean by mathematical notation, but most spreadsheet programs I'm aware of can manage one way or another. Personally have found it pretty helpful over the years, since setting up anything particularly complicated with functions and whatnot means you both have to be able to break your problem down to its component parts and you can subsequently trivially see what happens when you fiddle with the numbers. S'good stuff.

Pretty sure there's more specialized software out there, too. Field of mathematics is way too big and way too intertwined with software development for there not to be, really.

... still no answer for what hand of skill actually means, though. I'm not voting until I know what I'm voting on >:(
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2019, 08:01:47 pm »

Computers and shit like swype keyboards are really amazingly good at interpreting strokes, you can totally justify a mathermatical train of thought type of flow if you want without needing to be anywhere near a piece of paper these days.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2019, 09:24:55 pm »

Ironically, while I am right-handed normally I become left-handed when signing in LIBRAS (Brazilian sign language / LÍngua BRAsileira de Sinais). Or what little I know of the language anyway.

Apparently this is pretty common.
Hey, I'm learning LIBRAS right now too!

I still stand by my theory that people all learn trough the TvInês videos and get used to copy the signals inverted.
In a time before time, I had a name.
Pages: 1 [2] 3