Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chaging the size of The playable animal Creatures  (Read 581 times)

Korgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chaging the size of The playable animal Creatures
« on: March 10, 2019, 01:54:45 am »

I'm new to Df and I fall in love for the game in a second! But a I want to change the sizes of some of the playable Intelligent Wilderness Creature, so that i can play and aquire armors more easily for then without having to resort on doing a fortres just to get a Tick man some armor. A wanted do mod the raw in a way  that the smallest creatures (like Beetle man,Brown recluse spider man,Damselfly man,Dragonfly man,Firefly man,Fly man,Grasshopper man and so on...) can wear dwarf/goblin/elf clothes (52500,70000) and some others of my choice to use  human clothes: (61250,81666).
Can i do something like that editing the raws of the game? And if the answer is "yes" could someone guide me on how to do it?
Thank you for your attention.
Ps: Sorry in advance for any misspelling, english is not my native language.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaging the size of The playable animal Creatures
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 07:04:33 am »

I think animal people size is derived from some kind of averaging of the size of the base creature and a "normal" intelligent creature size (not sure if that's dwarf or human). There's a wiki page on creature sizes that might be of help.
If the size determination logic is according to the above, changing the size of the base creature to dwarf size ought to achieve what you want. With some luck you might get some answers from more knowledgeable people, though.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Chaging the size of The playable animal Creatures
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 01:32:46 pm »

I can't give detailed instructions since I'm at work, but you can create new creature definitions in the raws for whichever ones you're interested in.  You may actually be able to just add a [SIZE] tag directly in the ones that already exist to override how it's calculated, but I'm not sure.

You'll probably have more luck asking in the modding forum.
Through pain, I find wisdom.